Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6 Breathes Life into the iPhone 3GS for Another Year

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    I sold a lot of phones on cl and eBay. It just seems a lot of people on cl either are looking for crazy deals or they want someone to give them the phone. Also anyone notice on the modmyi app. That when u reply to a post that u have to move the screen up and hold it there while u type. It doesn't move down for some reason.
    Oh yes it does! Please when Modmyi decides to update their app for the iPhone 5, please fix this issue, it is incredibly annoying.

Still on a 3GS 16GB here, running 5.1.1 (not JB) with preserved 05.13.04 baseband in order to unlock it should I decide to sell it. Phone seems DOG slow to me on so many things, can't wait to get a new iP5 for me and my wife for Christmas.

You think an unlocked 16 GB 3GS would go for any more than $100 on CL?

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    Still on a 3GS 16GB here, running 5.1.1 (not JB) with preserved 05.13.04 baseband in order to unlock it should I decide to sell it. Phone seems DOG slow to me on so many things, can't wait to get a new iP5 for me and my wife for Christmas.

You think an unlocked 16 GB 3GS would go for any more than $100 on CL?
    Your better off on cl or eBay. The site gazelle wants to pay like 40 bucks for it.

I'm using a 4s but have a 3gs that I'm selling to my sister. I got it factory unlocked and threw ios6 on there for kicks. It runs great. I really didn't need to upgrade since I stand by the quality of the 3gs. The true selling point in upgrading isn't speed or siri or anything like that, simply the screen.

The retina display is something you really can't downplay. Totally changes the phone to me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    I sold a lot of phones on cl and eBay. It just seems a lot of people on cl either are looking for crazy deals or they want someone to give them the phone. Also anyone notice on the modmyi app. That when u reply to a post that u have to move the screen up and hold it there while u type. It doesn't move down for some reason.
    Yup extremely annoying on iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Yup extremely annoying on iPhone 5
    The reason why i5 it's annoying because while typing I miss the space bar a lot. I was complaining of the screen issues yesterday as well

Banned
    Thanks

So this is what fragmentation looks like right?

LOL! Funny thing is, I have had all these on my 3GS:
    Siri
    FaceTime
    HDR Photos

Add to this FaceTime over 3G on a 3GS on AT&Ts network for free! JB4L1FE!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

While I wasn't expecting iOS6, I was glad it came out for my mother's 3GS. I suspect Apple will do something like they did with iOS 4 on the iPhone 3G. On the iPhone 3G, iOS 4 was immediately abandoned. It never received *necessary* updates...including security fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    LOL! Funny thing is, I have had all these on my 3GS:
    Siri
    FaceTime
    HDR Photos

Add to this FaceTime over 3G on a 3GS on AT&Ts network for free! JB4L1FE!!
    FaceTime without a front-facing camera would not be very useful.

...and FaceTime defaults to the front camera the first time you open it. Wouldn't you get some kind of hardware fault when it tries to use a camera component that does not exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Tario70 View Post
    Where are you selling your phones? I had AT&T unlock my 3GS 32GB Old Bootrom & then sold it on Craigslist for $200! Just have to set the bar high when listing & then just wait it out. I'm sure being unlocked raised the value of the phone but I'm surprised you only got $100 for a 3GS.
    I've sold two iPhone 3G, 8 GB models for $200 & $250 on Craigslist...two years after I paid $200 for each.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12