+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone 5 User Guide Released - Covers All the Basics

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
With every major release of iOS and a new iPhone, Apple typically offers its official user guide online for free. One thing that is a bit strange is that Apple
    Thanks

Default Apple's iPhone 5 User Guide Released - Covers All the Basics

With every major release of iOS and a new iPhone, Apple typically offers its official user guide online for free. One thing that is a bit strange is that Apple doesn’t promote this resource at all, yet it is still available to the public. Each iOS device purchase comes with a little booklet to help familiarize a new customer with the basics of the device and the iOS platform itself with the full user guide being much more thorough.

The Cupertino California company recently released a user guide covering the iPhone 5 and iOS 6. The guide is 365 pages and is available for anyone to view on the web as well as being made available for free in the iBookstore. Below is the description of the new guide:

Here’s everything you need to know about iPhone, in a handy eBook format. Get to know iPhone and discover all the amazing things it can do, and how to do them. It’s the definitive guide for getting the most from your new iPhone, straight from Apple. The iPhone User Guide is an essential part of any iPhone library.
    As you may have guessed, most of the stuff inside is very basic and chances are you already know almost everything about the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 but for those who are new to the iOS platform and/or the iPhone, the guide can prove to be very helpful. We’d recommending referring people who have easy to answer questions often to this eBook to save yourself time as well as help them out.

Source: iBookstore
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 09-25-2012 at 02:58 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It is much more fun exploring it by yourself, my sister is new to IOS device and had downloaded this guide. So far she is really impresses on her new phone compared to her old android phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Would have been nice for them to add visual voice mail (voice to text feature). I'd like to read my voice mails once in a while when there is a need to be quiet. I love that feature in Google Voice. I'm still using my 3GS and didn't see any reference to it in the manual. I'm not upgrading to IOS 6 yet.
    Last edited by Murphdog; 09-25-2012 at 01:48 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Goooooood~~

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post

The Cupertino California recently released a user guide
    Sigh

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it available to grab for the iBooks from iTunes?
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Banned
    Thanks

I take in none of the basics are maps that work or what to do about your phone being shipped with scuffs, scratches and light bleed?