+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wi-Fi Speed and Connectivity Issues Plague Some iPhone 5 Users

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by kickerman65 No wifi speed problems here thats for sure. Safari is just speedy all around! And as a matter of fact i just speed tested an LTE
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    No wifi speed problems here thats for sure. Safari is just speedy all around! And as a matter of fact i just speed tested an LTE spot in sac and its actually faster than my comcast wifi at home. Personally i love my new iP5! And i upgraded from a 4S which was also a great phone. And on a side note i think the new maps is awesome. I used it yesterday and its 100% times better than that crappy old google maps that used to come standard on iOS. It was accurate and the interface was easy to use. I love the fact that it shows on the lock screen and i love the fact that once you exit the app it lets you tap the status bar to return to it, similar to when you hit the home button in a phone call. I dont know what all the complaints are about.
    Completely agree with you dude. Funny that i see so many droids hanging out on apple forums.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Got slow WiFi here. I'll be waiting for the fix Apple...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    And on a side note i think the new maps is awesome. I used it yesterday and its 100% times better than that crappy old google maps that used to come standard on iOS. It was accurate and the interface was easy to use. I love the fact that it shows on the lock screen and i love the fact that once you exit the app it lets you tap the status bar to return to it, similar to when you hit the home button in a phone call. I dont know what all the complaints are about.
    Has a great interface but there are is a lot of improvements needed. I wouldn't go as far as saying google maps was crap because it served us very well for a long time. Turn by turn much needed definitely but that's why I bought tomtom app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Liveitlive's Avatar
    Thanks

No issue here either... 44.66 dl 3.19 ul. Just low since I'm capped at 50 and 5 by my ISP on my current tier

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love lte in sac I did a speediest today and got 46mps/5965Kbs which is way faster than my surewest fiber to the home connection I could of never of believed that a cell network could be so blazing fast it's almost unbelievable but I'm loving it that's for sure

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't know if its a glitch in the speed test app. But I will get between 12-20mb then run the test again and I will get under 1mb down. It switches like that each time high to low every test. Weird

Vzw network.

Thanks

Looks like is only ATT iphone 5 are the ones with issues, i have a 32gb verizon i5 and so far so good, wifi good, LTE great, battery life better the my 4s 16gb.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Totally Slow!

10 Mbps cable

2 X Apple AirPort Extreme routers w/ WPA2

Mac speed test = 9.81 Mbps
    iPhone 4 = 9.34 Mbps
    iPhone 5 = .32 Kbps

So there you go...

WEP is slow. Buffering HD movies to my ATV is choppy using WEP from my media server over wifi

WPA2 is fast and smooth. This really sucks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    Completely agree with you dude. Funny that i see so many droids hanging out on apple forums.
    Maybe because some us either own both for our own use or another family member has one?
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Thanks

My iPhone 5 is working perfectly. Wifi is working great and so is the battery life. None of my friends have problems either.

*T*
    Thanks

People are crazy. God forbid there's a microscopic scratch on the metal, or an extra quarter second to connect to wifi.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

i thought i was the only one and i have called my ISP several times to complain that i am not getting the download/upload speeds i am paying for (verizon fios with 35mbs down/35mbs up). now i see that it is not a problem with verizon.

i am also having the problem with my ipad 3 on iOS 6, deductive reasoning tells me it is more than likely software related *shrug*

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    There is no way I would have switched from my 4s if I did not get LTE in my area, that was my selling point and I think it was most everyone else's. 4" screen? I don't think that was a big deal for ppl that have had other iphone for the fact they would have switched around 4 or 4s.
    I noticed slow speeds while at my in laws house, they have WEP as well and seemed sluggish but didn't do any speed tests will try next time I'm there. I'm trying to use all the LTE i can so I can be throttled, would like to find out what my throttled speed will be like.
    Well I've been thinking of selling my phones (i5,i4S) and Switching to Verizon from AT&T. Verizon has LTE coverage everywhere here in New York, AT&T does not. I've been holding onto AT&T because I like the fact that I can surf the web and talk at the same time, but I am willing to leave that for LTE speeds.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I used it yesterday and its 100% times better than that crappy old google maps that used to come standard on iOS. It was accurate and the interface was easy to use.

I dont understand why people complain to much!!! All phone has details effect which in the future they will be fix!! I personaly have the iphone 5 and i used my wifi which is a ipv 6 and it runs fine.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Actually, I dont think its too much of a Wi-Fi issue. I think its the SpeedTest app that is faulty. I have been using it a few times over the last few weeks on my iPhone4S (5.1.1) in home Wi-Fi and the results are off. App reads 3.4 MBps , the website read over 20 MBps which was confirmed with a 2.2MB per second download speed. Restarting the router 3x yielded the same result.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Wifi gave me problems for about a day or so not staying connected. Seems to be better now.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meatholes View Post
    Why do people insist on coming to an iphone based forum to leave negative comments about apple products. I wouldn't even consider visiting an android forum to bash on their phones. If anyone truly believes the iphone 5 isn't worthy enough to be in their pocket, they're mistaken.

Please note, that I have nothing bad to say about Samsung or their products, but apple in my humble opinion makes an unresistable product where it's quality is unmatched.

The iPhone 5 is the only phone I'll want or need until the next generation is released. No wifi or cellular connectivity issues for me.
    Totally agree with you iphone to me is the best phone to have and you know what they say "if you dont have anything good to say keep quiet"

Thanks
    What's EE in the top left corner?!?!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by okitsugu View Post
    What is so crappy about the 5's battery life? I've been getting over 10 hours of full use out of the battery and 24 hours between charges. And seems like the reviews are even showing better than that.
    yeah especially considering the battery is about half the capacity of the android phone batteries I say it does i pretty good job with battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    You know they say ignorance is bliss.

Gotta love people like you that write on things they don't know about. Guess what. When the 4s came out the only thing not changed was the screen an appearance. So it was still a full hardware change.

It's a brand new product. And most Likely a software issue. We all know android has no software issues. Lmao.
    Same here. I wasn't expecting any amazing completely new phone but it was a nice upgrade. For me no wifi issues fortunately 56mbps down 12mpbs up and LTE is almost as fast as well. The wifi and LTE were 2 of the features I was looking forward to with the new iphone.
    Last edited by tallnatt; 09-25-2012 at 08:29 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Tested my iPhone 4S & 5 with speednet app, my wifi was faster on the 4S. The 5 Obviously running the latest firmware, but the 4S is running 5.1.1, they are both 32GB.