Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ChipWork Teardown Reveals Sony Sensor at the Hear of the iPhone 5's Improved Camera

Default ChipWork Teardown Reveals Sony Sensor at the Hear of the iPhone 5's Improved Camera

ChipWorks took a closer look at the iPhone 5ís imaging sensor and confirmed what many suspected after Sony CEO Howard Stringerís comments earlier this year.

Sony is supplying the imaging sensor in the iPhone 5.

For those not familiar with Sonyís imaging division, the company has been on a roll lately. The companyís sensors can be found in digital cameraís ranging from Nikonís flagship DSLRs (although heavily modified) to Olympusís OM-D E5, and supposedly Panasonicís recently announced GH3. Not to mention Sonyís own line of point and shoot cameras as well as their NEX line and Alpha DSLRís.

While Sonyís sensor is doing the rough legwork on the back of the camera, the front-facing camera utilizes a sensor from Sony competitor Omnivision. Sonyís 8-megapixel sensor used in the rear-facing camera features an overall thinner camera module while managing to increase low-light performance.

Appleís iPhone 5, while not the most jarring cosmetic change, is still a manufacturing and design feat, managing to increase performance in every facet and at the same time making the phone thinner and lighter. The rest of ChipWorks teardown and analysis will reveal more later this week.

Source: ChipWorks

At the Hear......lol

At the "heart"

Quote Originally Posted by bobsco View Post
    At the Hear......lol
    Yea I was scratching my head on that one... lol

Do you guys seriously never take the time to proof read your titles or articles? Lol second big error within a day or two...

Yes, modmyi, get your act together. Show some professionalism. Makes the site look cheesy.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Banned
    Thanks

So the iPhone 5 has Sony parts. I'm guessing Sony will be the next to be sued by Apple.
    Dont forget the iPhone is full of Samsung parts.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    And don't forget that the S3 is full of Apple ideas, blatantly copied.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    And don't forget that HTC released the first touchscreen smartphone with a dedicated mobile OS...

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

i know i read that like 3 times. oh ya F U sony!

I'm sorry to say but modmyi has been slacking with their articles remember quality over quantity. All they can do recently is try to find ways to stick more advertisement on here. This is just my observation.

Red face copycats.
    NakedFaerie - Yesterday, 01:24 PM

So the iPhone 5 has Sony parts. I'm guessing Sony will be the next to be sued by Apple.

Anonymous - Yesterday, 05:16 PM

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post

kyphur - Yesterday, 06:52 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    And don't forget that HTC released the first touchscreen smartphone with a dedicated mobile OS...

...And they all copied nokia. the ex-King of mobile phones and the pioneer looks like nokia can sue them all for copying the idea of a cellphone.
    Last edited by kalpesh78; 09-24-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    Yes, modmyi, get your act together. Show some professionalism. Makes the site look cheesy.
    1700 US central time and still not corrected... I think they are doing it on purpose now.

Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    ...And they all copied nokia. the ex-King of mobile phones and the pioneer looks like nokia can sue them all for copying the idea of a cellphone.
    Yeah Nokia did have Symbian OS but were there ever Symbian devices with touch screens?

I though it was Martin Cooper and Motorola that pioneered the first cell phone prototype in Chicago.

Get your facts straight kalpesh. Nokia, yeah right.

It was Dr Hsu with Synaptics that invented the touch screen with LG being the first company to trial it.

Stop with crediting all these other companies that all took someone else's idea and improved upon them.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 09-24-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I though it was Martin Cooper and Motorola that pioneered the first cell phone prototype in Chicago.

Get your facts straight kalpesh. Nokia, yeah right.

It was Dr Hsu with Synaptics that invented the touch screen with LG being the first company to trial it.

Stop with crediting all these other companies that all took someone else's idea and improved upon them.

Who cares who pioneered the first cellphone. and does it look like i care a damn abt facts
    Lets just say Nokia made it really big in the market. atleast the asian market. Thats good enough for me.

Its sad they lost the plot soon after. I used to love their devices.

Who cares who pioneered the first cellphone. and does it look like i care a damn abt facts
    Lets just say Nokia made it really big in the market. atleast the asian market. Thats good enough for me.

Its sad they lost the plot soon after. I used to love their devices.
    You cared until I schooled you on the fact that it was not Nokia. They are a joke in the terms of cell phone development.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    You cared until I schooled you on the fact that it was not Nokia. They are a joke in the terms of cell phone development.
    Like i said. I care a damn abt facts. and the only reason i say that is that Nokia brought the cellphones to the market-place first. not motorola. (they did have a working prototype but they too never did anything about it). but anyways... that wasn't the pt. I was just jumping into the forum fight between NakedFaerie, Anonymous's Avatar and kyphur's Avatar just for the heck of it.

Like i said. I care a damn abt facts. and the only reason i say that is that Nokia brought the cellphones to the market-place first. not motorola. (they did have a working prototype but they too never did anything about it). but anyways... that wasn't the pt. I was just jumping into the forum fight between NakedFaerie, Anonymous's Avatar and kyphur's Avatar just for the heck of it.
    Never mind that there wasn't any forum fight going on...

According to this it was Ericsson in 1965 and Nokia's first cellphone wasn't developed until 1982.

Note that it also lists the Motorola DynaTAC as being used for the first call from a commercially available cell phone. I would also say that comparing Nokia's Mobira Senator weighing 21 lbs to the DynaTAC weighing less than 2 lbs would demonstrate that the DynaTAC is the common ancestor of all modern cell phones while the Mobira is equal to Neanderthals in the cellular universe.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...lphonecall.jpg