Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Late Pre-Orders Seeing Improved Shipping Dates

Default IPhone 5 Late Pre-Orders Seeing Improved Shipping Dates

The extended shipping times for a number of iPhone pre-orders might turn out to be considerably shorter than Apple’s online store is suggesting.

Within few short hours of Apple opening up iPhone 5 pre-orders buyers were being alerted that their phones wouldn’t be shipping for 1-2 weeks. Then 2-3 weeks, Then 3-4 weeks. However, numerous buyers have had their phones shipped to them despite being quoted with October delivery dates.

Tech Crunch’s own Frederic Lardinois was originally quoted with an October 5th delivery date, but was notified this past Friday that his phone had shipped and just before Apple’s own stores opened. Lardinois will most likely have his phone in-hand sometime Monday, nearly two weeks earlier than Apple promised.

Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be an pattern to the early delivery of late pre-orders. The times and dates of expected delivery, versus actual delivery and the time the pre-order were placed are all over the place, with no apparent relation. The most likely scenario is Apple played it safe with their delivery estimates. After all, it’s better to have someone pleasantly surprised that their device is arriving weeks early, instead of weeks late.

Or Apple knew what they were doing and manipulated the shipping dates to create and artificial supply vs demand shortage thereby increase the demand and coverage for the iPhone 5.

Source: TechCrunch

What's Jailbreak?
    High Point, North Carolina, United States
    Thanks

Also many that preordered canceled their orders friday as they were able to pickup in the store. I personally cancelled a iPhone 5 16GB Black as I was able to receive in store but the 64GB was sold out. Original delivery date was oct. 5 but Apple has already shipped the 64 GB on friday. So I think it is because a lot of preorders got cancelled.

I never pre order, I just go to an AT&T store in the burbs early in the morning and Ta Da!!! No line, no crowd...

Guess I am not one of the lucky ones to get their iPhone earlier than expected, still waiting for it to be shipped...

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierRican View Post
    Also many that preordered canceled their orders friday as they were able to pickup in the store. I personally cancelled a iPhone 5 16GB Black as I was able to receive in store but the 64GB was sold out. Original delivery date was oct. 5 but Apple has already shipped the 64 GB on friday. So I think it is because a lot of preorders got cancelled.
    Yeah there was like 10 people behind me who were all saying that they all preordered online but were gonna cancel once they got in the store. My location didnt have a single black 64gb available though. The first person in line was kind of mad he had to settle for white lol

Probably improved shipping dates due to cancelled orders.

Yeah I ordered mine at 9am EST Monday morning the day they were first available for preorder and was rather sad to see that I was going to be 14-21 days. BUT..... I got notification late Friday that mine will arrive Monday. Today!!!!

Last time for the 4s I preordered and then went and found one in store (best buy). I would have done the same this time (live in a small town. They had plenty until after 5pm Friday) but I was traveling for business and was in a large city and didn't feel like waiting in line for hours.
    Last edited by zacks2art; 09-24-2012 at 12:19 AM.

I ordered mine on the 14th, when it said it would be delivered in two weeks. The next day, the actual delivery date changed to oct 9... Almost three weeks later. Then early Saturday morning I received a shipping notification that stated oct 2 as the delivery date. Finally, tracking the UPS shipment now shows a Sept 28 delivery date. Yay!

i had an Oct 5 delivery date, I just checked on the App, it shows shipped from china yesterday. i'll have it soon, pleasantly surprised now.

My iPhone 5 was apparently going to arrive next Monday but it turned up early today, woo.

Maybe you guys should learn to pre order sooner.

I had mine quoted for october 5 and im getting it this thursday!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy215 View Post
    I never pre order, I just go to an AT&T store in the burbs early in the morning and Ta Da!!! No line, no crowd...
    Man lucky you because i wait for a 35 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    Maybe you guys should learn to pre order sooner.
    Who complained about the shipping delays? We are all just happy that it got shorten. I don't understand your comment...

Mine is on a flight from china as I type, UPS doesn't show an ETA but the email I got from apple is saying the 28th so I'm hopping it shows up early until then iPhone 5 Music Video - YouTube

Yea hence the fight over in Foxconn. 2000 people deep.

Foxconn is a joke... they don't only produce iPhone or apple products. they are responsible for many other things. who knows what or why they where rioting. personally i don't believe that this will last long considering foxconn employs something along the lines of 1.1 million people, and have been known to be able to employ 79,000 new people over night. they could just fire the ones rioting and move on!

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine was for October 5th but they sent it 3 days ago. I hope it don't comes with scratches like some of the first ones. Ready to take a video of me opening the package in case Apple try to be smart.

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Mine was for October 5th but they sent it 3 days ago. I hope it don't comes with scratches like some of the first ones. Ready to take a video of me opening the package in case Apple try to be smart.
    like I have said before I'm happy that I purchased the iPhone 5 mobile device, I have heard that many people are unhappy with their purchase of the iPhone 5 fashion accessory, because it may scratch.

My iPhone 5 32 Black ordered from Apple originally to be delivered Oct 4 Changed to preparing for shipment Thurs night 9-20 today is Monday 9-24 and it still says the same. Can't track by reference either. My apple care on same order shows as completed on Friday anyone else having a long delay in preparing for shipment stage?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast