Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Motorola's Ad Campaign Boasts Improved Maps App

I really don't understand all the bad press. It works great for me and I love the turn by turn. Now, I don't travel a ton & I don't use transit, but around the Detroit Metro area, it's been awesome.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog5142 View Post
    I really don't understand all the bad press. It works great for me and I love the turn by turn. Now, I don't travel a ton & I don't use transit, but around the Detroit Metro area, it's been awesome.
    And in the larger metro areas it is probably OK (not great). You get to what the majority of the landmass of the US is (small towns and countryside) and that's where the warts become apparent, not to mention outside the US where the majority of civilization resides.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fredHD's Avatar
    Thanks

It's funny it's the first time for apple to jump in maps and turn by turn its normal to find bugs and errors, did you get windows on your PC and it worked straight away ? Give the dev a chance. No new software comes out bugs and error free.

Will apple let you revert back to a previous firmware if you're having problems?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeyspank View Post
    Will apple let you revert back to a previous firmware if you're having problems?
    No you need to download a previous version and do it by DFU ( if apple still signs the software ) or by jailbreak. If you on iPhone 5 you can't anyway cause it comes with iOS 6.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaemus12 View Post
    It is also expected as Google has been doing this for 7 years and has thousands of people on its payroll collecting data via planes, trains and automobiles.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    If iOS maps is so bad then why are these companies comparing it to apple. I always found that funny.. Like if your product is the best they would be comparing it to you.. but apparently not.
    This is exactly it. Manipulating info of the top product to make yours look better still shows off the top product.

It happens every day in marketing *ahem*everysamsungad*ahem* and just seems pathetic in my opinion. Doesn't this alienate all the people who own the product you're dogging on? So you're making iPhone users mad (not really, it's funny how MOST Apple users tout how great their iOS products are...not compared to anything else, and could care less how "superior" your product is.) and picking up all those WindowsMobile people?

GG guys!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123