+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Motorola's Ad Campaign Boasts Improved Maps App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drizahy View Post
    Great way to manipulate people into believing false information.

“315 E 15th in Manhattan?" Gives you the Manattan location.

But when you omit manhattan from the string it goes to Brooklyn because NY uses them the same streets names and numbers over and over again.

And yes Marlborough is east 15th street.

The only thing this proves is apple failed at adding the location pop up google would give you huge plus obviously for situations like this one. And secondly people should be more thorough when searching for locations.

i beg to differ i typed in my GF address the other day while in Manhattan to get to the willamsburg bridge and it tried to bring me to a random location in a random town that was no where near Brooklyn.. i dislike when people make things go from easy to hard. life's hard enough.. i paid good money for them to make it easier

iPhone? More like MyPhone SAVAGE5's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon.amos View Post
    Most definitely more accurate ad faster loading! Google maps wouldn't always refresh fast enough while I was driving on my AT&T 4S. And where I drive in Louisiana we have great service, as well as LTE for all the new i5 and New iPad owners. Apple maps has been really fast, and turn-by-turn is awesome! My eyes get to stay where it counts finally!

Louisiana FTW!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    If iOS maps is so bad then why are these companies comparing it to apple. I always found that funny.. Like if your product is the best they would be comparing it to you.. but apparently not.
    Yeah, Motorola should be competing against Samsung and other Android phones instead of Apple. They need to convince Android fans to buy their phone over Samsung and HTC.

Thanks

What's funny about ads like this is you can really see what leg they stand on. Why is it that the droid map is the satellite view but the iPhones' view isn't? When companies have to resort to switching and fudging their comparisons it's sad. The RazR should have stayed in the 90's.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Hmm...this would be a more accurate interpretation.

I would say Apple's Map app looks better.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Different locations, different orientations, Hybrid ortho Ariel imgs ("satellite") vs a simple streets layer, ...
    So, this is a little like holding up a banana and saying "our fruit is orange." If people want an orange, they'll buy it... Either way, both are fully functional fruits. Don't knock a banana for being yellow. Psh, I wouldn't eat an orange-colored banana...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    yup!! i searched the same location using "manhattan" and found it just fine.. Samsung is so focused on making the iPhone look bad, they don't realize that no one care and has already purchased one.. lol
    It's Motorola

mod edit/comment removed
    Last edited by blkcadi; 09-23-2012 at 07:57 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a good thing I bought the full version of 'Navigon' app when it was first introduced and was on sale!

Even Google map can't beat these features: real time traffic/auto detour, lane assist, panoramic 3D view with street names & POI, POI reality scanner, and of course 'turn-by-turn'.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer158 View Post
    I have had no issues with apples maps or turn by turn directions . It's been accurate so far.
    I love the new maps, I've had NO problems what's so ever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

As most of the worlds media has reported Apples maps are crap.

Outside of the US, I'd be better off with paper map while driving. Has already had me going round in circles, told me to walk the last 60 yards to the petrol station and has told me that my town of 25000 people doesn't exists, and the satellite views are either just cloud, or blurry

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JesseDegenerate View Post
    it's not less accurate. They are just exploiting a way safari searches there. The mapping app isn't bad, it's just missing a lot of data.
    Most would refer to that being bad. It's like saying that your car isn't bad, it just has an engine that doesn't run.

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Attachment 612815
    yup!! i searched the same location using "manhattan" and found it just fine.. Samsung is so focused on making the iPhone look bad, they don't realize that no one care and has already purchased one.. lol
    you did catch that was MOTOROLA and not Samsung didn't you? Feeling a little put upon by Samsung?
    Last edited by Tperry; 09-23-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    It's Motorola
    Haha!
    Last edited by blkcadi; 09-23-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks

Yes tom tom is a great app but if tom tom was behind or helped Apple with there navigation, Maps app I would assume it would be much better then what it is now?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Typical comparison on the picture, motorola showing a hybrid map while the iPhone showing the normal map, so typical of these companies not to compare apples to apples....eh? get the pun? hehehe. Motorola can kiss my maps app, iPhones works fine, I travel a hell of alot and have had ZERO ISSUES. droid boys shut the hell up, sampung shut up, your ads suck almost as much as you do, motorola you suck too. GBY (go bite yourself)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Golfinglenn's Avatar
    Thanks

You guys crack me up. You can't even admit when somebody else has a better product. Google maps beats IOS hands down but you guys will deny that to the death just because its your precious apple. Apple would have been better off contracting with google maps and leaving mapping to the professionals. When was the last time you saw a Tom Tom or Magellin car driving around taking hundreds of street views per minute.

If you are in manhattan and punch in a manhattan address you shouldn't have to add manhattan to the search, it should use your gps location and give you the closest addy that it finds and then other optional ones after that.

Most of all, grow up and realize just because you own it, doesn't make it a perfect tool, or you a perfect tool for that matter, just a tool!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All you apple fanboys seem really upset, you should be happy that yours works for you, however for almost everyone I know, the new maps application has given them nothing but problems. One of these problems is that you have to specify the city or the state which is a big problem in many peoples eyes. This can be seen in the picture. If I really wanted to 315 malborough rd, don't you think I would have typed that in instead of E 15th st, even though it might be the same road in a different part of town. Apple fanboys are just cannot except the fact that apple released a broken product (like siri). I can't wait until google releases a fully working google maps application in the app store and it becomes the #1 free app like youtube was =P.

iPhone? More like MyPhone emmanravalo's Avatar
    Thanks

motorola still exist! lol

Thanks
    Thanked 3,856 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spazmonic View Post
    Its Motorola moron
    Wow my bad. Sorry didn't know I offended you. Damn

Just so use to it being Samsung just figures that's who It was from.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfinglenn View Post
    You guys crack me up. You can't even admit when somebody else has a better product. Google maps beats IOS hands down but you guys will deny that to the death just because its your precious apple. Apple would have been better off contracting with google maps and leaving mapping to the professionals. When was the last time you saw a Tom Tom or Magellin car driving around taking hundreds of street views per minute.

If you are in manhattan and punch in a manhattan address you shouldn't have to add manhattan to the search, it should use your gps location and give you the closest addy that it finds and then other optional ones after that.

Most of all, grow up and realize just because you own it, doesn't make it a perfect tool, or you a perfect tool for that matter, just a tool!!
    See the thing is for some people (myself included) iOS maps an google maps both 100 percent recognize any address I néed to go. I've been using iOS 6 for months now and haven't had any issues. Personally iOS 6 maps is faster and looks alot better. So for me and my opinion. Ios6 maps is better than google maps.

And also don't kid yourself there are places that don't show up on google maps but do on iOS maps
    Last edited by blkcadi; 09-23-2012 at 07:59 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erod434 View Post
    All you apple fanboys seem really upset, you should be happy that yours works for you, however for almost everyone I know, the new maps application has given them nothing but problems. One of these problems is that you have to specify the city or the state which is a big problem in many peoples eyes. This can be seen in the picture. If I really wanted to 315 malborough rd, don't you think I would have typed that in instead of E 15th st, even though it might be the same road in a different part of town. Apple fanboys are just cannot except the fact that apple released a broken product (like siri). I can't wait until google releases a fully working google maps application in the app store and it becomes the #1 free app like youtube was =P.
    1. How was Siri broken? I've had an iPhone 4S from the get go, don't see how Siri is "broken" care to elaborate please?
    2. Google released YouTube yes, it was/is (at the time writing time of this post) the #1 one free app, yes. My question however, how does this have to do anything with apple? Apple has NO standalone video sharing website to compete with YouTube (unless there's some new iTube I've never heard of) therefore that comment is irrelevant.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    My first search was Hong Kong with the hop it would have 3D Maps. I ended up somewhere in South America. Impressive.