+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone 5 Deemed "The Fastest Smartphone in the Land"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple's iPhone 5 Deemed "The Fastest Smartphone in the Land"

A recently released report by PC Mag put the iPhone 5 against previous iPhone models, then against top Android models including Samsung’s Galaxy SIII released in June and Google’s Motorola Droid RAZR M released just last week. Guess what? Apple’s iPhone 5 was declared the world’s fastest smartphone.

When compared to previous years’ iPhone models, the iPhone 5 obviously came out ahead. If that wasn’t enough, it should be noted that it often came out ahead by a factor of two. In browser tests, it scored nearly twice as fast as the iPhone 4S in Browsermark, where it was more than three times as fast as the iPhone 4, even with all phones upgraded to iOS 6 (which boasts improved browser speeds for all). The graphic tests resulted in the iPhone 5 scoring 2.2 times as high as the iPhone 4S and more than 8 times as fast as the iPhone 4. In general, PC Mag said the iPhone 5 was overall 2.5 times as fast as the iPhone 4S and over 4.2 times as fast as the iPhone 4.

When Apple’s new iPhone was pitted against Android phones, PC Mag noted that last year’s iPhone 4S running iOS 6 on its dual core, 800MHz A5, “is about on par with leading Android 4.0 phones like the Samsung Galaxy S III and the Motorola Droid RAZR M, both of which are using the 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processors,” adding that “obviously, the difference is that Safari is a faster browser than the Android browser.” PC Mag continued by saying that the new iPhone 5 “takes things to the next level,” stating that “its Browsermark score is 80% higher, and it shows much quicker Sunspider times.”

The iPhone 5 won overall by a narrower margin, but as noted, “the ‘memory’ and ‘stream’ scores, both of which test loading data in and out of RAM, come out much better on the Apple device.” In a graphics-specific processing test, the iPhone 5 beat the S III and RAZR M by more than a factor of three. The report concluded that “based on these benchmarks, the iPhone 5 lives up to the promise of being twice as fast as the iPhone 4S. I’s also, for now, the fastest handheld computer sold in the U.S.”

If you want to read test results in further detail, hit the source link below.

Source: PC Mag

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone fredHD's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh my Samsung galaxy S3 is quad core oh oh oh and yeah it will destroy iPhone 5 errrr no lol can't stop laughing. Where are the android fanboys now I mean don't get me wrong I have a htc one x and a lumia I like to try all platforms but the way I see the android fanboys come here and give that makes me laugh so guys its not all about the aize of the CPU and also I know you will mention yeah the galaxy S4 it's not here yet either way.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fredHD View Post
    Oh my Samsung galaxy S3 is quad core oh oh oh and yeah it will destroy iPhone 5 errrr no lol can't stop laughing. Where are the android fanboys now I mean don't get me wrong I have a htc one x and a lumia I like to try all platforms but the way I see the android fanboys come here and give that makes me laugh so guys its not all about the aize of the CPU and also I know you will mention yeah the galaxy S4 it's not here yet either way.
    In a hurry? Wait for them to post . . .

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow!! Apple smashing the competition! Apple realizes i"ts not the size of the device...it's about how you use it"!!

Looks like "the next big thing" is indeed...already here!
    El Zurdo

Thanks

"But wait, Android specs are so much higher and better than iPhone 5...the numbers don't lie!

How can the iPhone 5 be faster???"

Ohhhhh, that's right...I forgot Apple that actually pays attention to making its hardware work at its full potential and they make that hardware work smarter.

"But it just looks like a stretched iPhone 4/4S"

Ohhhh, that's right. Apple took the time to determine that typing on-the-go w/ one hand is still feasible with their new screen dimension. After all, this is still a phone...not a tablet.

"But I don't mind typing w/ two hands..."

Good luck avoiding crashing into people or having them crash into you while you have to stop in the middle of a sidewalk to type on your 5" screen!

Stupid Fandroids!
    Last edited by thazsar; 09-22-2012 at 09:37 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Anonymous (09-22-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

I upgraded from a 4 to a 5 and I was blown away!!! This thing is blazing fast! I downloaded a song in 4 seconds!!! (Using my home wifi, not LTE) I was so used to the iPhone 4 taking about 45-60 secs to do that using the same wifi...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CarlDeanCatabay View Post
    In a hurry? Wait for them to post . . .
    mod edit/comment removed.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 09-22-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Thanks

[QUOTE=bmwraw8482;6684554mod edit/comment removed.[/QUOTE]

Huh??? What was wrong w/ that person's English?
    Last edited by blkcadi; 09-22-2012 at 07:51 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone TechnoUniversity's Avatar
    Thanks

Bull!! I have a iPhone 5 and the dang thang hardly pushing my 4s lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    "But wait, Android specs are so much higher and better than iPhone 5...the numbers don't lie!

How can the iPhone 5 be faster???"

Ohhhhh, that's right...I forgot Apple that actually pays attention to making its hardware work at its full potential and they make that hardware work smarter.

"But it just looks like a stretched iPhone 4/4S"

Ohhhh, that's right. Apple took the time to determine that typing on-the-go w/ one hand is still feasible with their new screen dimension. After all, this is still a phone...not a tablet.

"But I don't mind typing w/ two hands..."

Good luck avoiding crashing into people or having them crash into you while you have to stop in the middle of a sidewalk to type on your 5" screen!

Stupid Fandroids!
    Well said loooool maybe the galaxy s4 will have 8 cores and just be slightly faster than a iPhone 5.

Thanks

Well said loooool maybe the galaxy s4 will have 8 cores and just be slightly faster than a iPhone 5.
    And it'll also come in green and be cooler than the 5 because its made out of high quality plastic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    And it'll also come in green and be cooler than the 5 because its made out of high quality plastic.
    LoooooL

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Samsung has to put out commercials like that, it's the only way they can try and compare with Apple....not that it's working...The iPhone 5 is incredibly fast and the screen size is perfect. How many android phones have to come out to try and beat the one latest and greatest that Apple has out?....

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Hahah love it

Green Apple
    Thanks
    For that matter its only Quad-core over seas. In the US its Dual-Core. I still prefer freedom though. My tablet choice is the iPad though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    Bull!! I have a iPhone 5 and the dang thang hardly pushing my 4s lol.
    I'm still trying to figure out what this means....😶?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

They'll use the the great remark "well my phone has had that for months" on you. They can never accept defeat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spazmonic View Post
    For that matter its only Quad-core over seas. In the US its Dual-Core. I still prefer freedom though. My tablet choice is the iPad though.
    The Galaxy could use a Sect-Core and still not perform at top performance. Samsung justs wants to use numbers to entice their customers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Buying my s3 monday!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Banks4004 View Post
    Buying my s3 monday!
    Do you want a high-five?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast