+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Black iPhone 5 Anodized Aluminum Reportedly Prone to Scratches

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Fender This was actually a HUGE consideration as to why I wanted, and subsequently got, the white iP5. My concern didn't stem from Apple but from having
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    This was actually a HUGE consideration as to why I wanted, and subsequently got, the white iP5. My concern didn't stem from Apple but from having previous devices/items that boasted a coated metal ANYTHING. The black on black is a very sexy look but I knew the first time I saw silver scratches on the black backing I would have a total BF. I'm thrilled that I stuck with my instincts and I have my gorgeous phone!

Side note, I will be switching this one out for a new phone as there is some sort of fingerprint sized discoloration behind the screen. I have buffed and buffed and it doesn't come out. It can only be seen when holding the device at an angle but I'll stare at it forever if I don't get it replaced. For what we pay they should come perfect but knowing what goes into these devices I understand that sometimes flukes happen. (My screen issue, not the scratching)
    That blows. U have to wait for re up in stock?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default The pursuit of the ultimate device
    I'm all for better quality products, but when this becomes a bunch of people gripping, and expecting the perfect device, now it's being silly. Every true gadget geek knows that the pursuit of the ultimate device is better than attaining it. If you guys have a better idea, earn an engineering degree and make a diference, so we can all benefit. That, or buy your phone and hope for a better one next year. Otherwise, may I recommend buying a flip phone? Plastic, durable, screen rarely cracks, doesn't drop calls, etc etc.

Many trolls irritate me because of their over generalizations, and unfounded assumptions. To them, and to the comment below, please view links.

Faster than other phones as of today:
    Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Apple's iPhone 5 Deemed "The Fastest Smartphone in the Land"

Extremely Durable:
    iPhone 5 Drop Test and Durability Video - YouTube
    iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S3 Drop Test - YouTube!

Easily fixed:
    iPhone 5 Teardown Review - YouTube

CDMA and GSM on one phone:
    Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Verizon iPhone 5 Unlocked and Ready for Other GSM Networks Right From the Factory

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Sounds like they've sacrificed quality of materials over the look of the device.

Green Apple
    Thanks

check out this video on youtube of the worlds first broken iphone 5

search " iphone 5 vs hammer "

they also do a screen replacement on the iPhone 5 in their follow up video. its worth watching lol

Thanks

What's mess up is now on the iPhone 5 we can't just replace the back cover as easy as the iPhone 4 :-(

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

All phones scratch, expecially when you are CARELESS. Don't put your nice new phone in the same pocket as coins, or keys...Its a no brainer. Protect your investment, either put ZAGG protector on or put a case on it.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    All phones scratch, expecially when you are CARELESS. Don't put your nice new phone in the same pocket as coins, or keys...Its a no brainer. Protect your investment, either put ZAGG protector on or put a case on it.
    Exactly.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 667 Posts

Had a case and screen protector 2 days before my phone came on Friday :P I learned to take care of my iPhone's because when i had my 1st one 3G, no insurance was offered/available and i sure in hell didn't have another 300.00 to shell out for another one LOL

Green Apple
    Thanks

I too have a slight ding on the edge near the SIM card slot but to me it's not that serious. Eventually is going to get a small ding here and there, and some are so small that most of you didn't even notice it till this posting. I don't believe in cases, it takes away the sexy in the iPhone, and majority of you will be putting cases on yours with or without a ding so stop crying.
    -= Formally known as SiLeNtKiLLa =-

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by one_crazy_dude View Post
    Why I invests in these

Not really fond of the front protector but I love the sides and back.
    Where did you find the best price? How much was it?

I bought this:

Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Apple iPhone 5 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

My finances coworker was bragging about how sweet his black phone looked. When I told him about my concerns about the color easily scratching off he insisted he was tough on his phone already and there was no way he would have issues, that it was somehow a manufacturer defect. I told him to allow me to rub my ring relatively lightly on the side of the phone twice to simulate holding it in his wedding ring hand. If it doesn't show any signs of damage I'd buy him dinner ($50). If it does, he does the same for me. Longer story shorter, my medium rare T-bone steak was delicious!

Thanks

Well that's the problem with Painted or Anodized celphone housing....It get scratch EASILY! iPhone 4 / 4S housing is far more better than iPhone 5 IMO.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Really, "Black iPhone 5 Anodized Aluminum Reportedly Prone to Scratches". All phones are prone to scotches. I thought this was a website for apple stuff not lets bash apple stuff. Lets just make news instead of reporting actual news then.

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

All these reports make it seem like the coating is very fragile, especially on the sides. I'm afraid that even just putting on something like a snap case would scuff it. I won't be buying it for a while at least so I can sit back and watch how this plays out and what Apple's response is, if at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GTRagnarok View Post
    All these reports make it seem like the coating is very fragile, especially on the sides. I'm afraid that even just putting on something like a snap case would scuff it. I won't be buying it for a while at least so I can sit back and watch how this plays out and what Apple's response is, if at all.
    Yea I passed on a snap on case. I got a 2 piece slide on.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Bit of a strange comparison here but look at a can of coke... Its anodised, doesn't scrape or rub off in your hand, will scrape if you take a knife or keys to it... Obviously. Mine had a small dent in the back panel, brought it back and got a new one.The best cases are slip cases in my eyes, keep it safe in your pocket but also let you use it as it was meant to be used.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GTRagnarok View Post
    I'm so happy I bought the iPhone 5 cellular device, it sounds like those that decided to purchase the iPhone 5 fashion accessory are very unhappy with their purchase! Maybe you should purchase the cellular device and not the fashion accessory as well!

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

I go to iskin.com and get the rubber soft coating polymer cases. Love them since iPhone 3G. I wonder if any companies will make a regular white glass back just like iPhone 4s for anyone who wants to switch it out.

Thanks

Im sorry Iphone 5 but Im keeping my 4S for a while coz my 4S is way better looking and more durable when it comes to casing. So what if you have a bigger screen, thinnest shell, fastest software, lightest iphone. I just love my 4S the way it is. ^.^
    Iphone 4S - T-Mobile Prepaid Plan No Contract

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12