+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Liquify Your iOS Device With 'AquaBoard'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you love custom animations, then you’re going to enjoy this new jailbreak tweak called AquaBoard - Water Effects by iOS developer Elias Limneos . AquaBoard will add a realistic-looking
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 808 Posts

Default Liquify Your iOS Device With 'AquaBoard'

If you love custom animations, then you’re going to enjoy this new jailbreak tweak called AquaBoard - Water Effects by iOS developer Elias Limneos. AquaBoard will add a realistic-looking liquid animation to the lock screen (plugged in or not) and the home screen. It is very cool and comes with some customization options to make it even cooler.

When you install the tweak, you will see immediately what the tweak does; it responds to your touch. You can tap, swipe, or twirl your finger in circles and the water animations will respond to your input. It also runs from behind the application icons on the home screen, so it will not feel awkward while using it.

After installing, you can go into the Settings application and you will find a preferences pane entitled “AquaBoard.” Going into this pane will present you will tons of options for AquaBoard that you can adjust to your liking. The preferences pane is displayed below:

From the preferences pane, you can enable and disable the tweak on demand. You can also enable or disable the animation from any of the individual places: the home screen, the lock screen, and the lock screen while charging.

You can also adjust the theme, or the animation style of the liquid animation and below that, you can adjust the frame rate. For older devices like the iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G, you may want to leave the tweak at the default 20 frames per second. Since these are single-core devices, the higher 30 frames per second may not render correctly. From the themes, you can pick any of the following animation types:
    • Turbulence (default)
    • Aqua Sphere
    • Waves
    • Shockwave
    • Unseen Abyss
    • Abstract Artist
    • Heavy Taps
    • Smudge Brush

You can also pick to have the splashing animations begin at startup or not and choose to reset the lock timer, which helps to keep the lock screen from dimming on you while you’re using your fingers to play with the animations.

AquaBoard is purely for entertainment and customization. People that like making their iPhone do fun things for no real useful purpose will enjoy AquaBoard because it makes your iPhone different than everyone else’s and it offers endless minutes of entertainment for just about anybody. If you can’t stand backgrounds that are constantly moving, then this tweak may not be for you.

It is highly recommended that you use this tweak on newer, dual-core devices like the iPhone 4S. The graphics will render much nicer with that added graphics power. You will also be happy to hear that battery life isn't really affected – AquaBoard uses "battery friendly OpenGL rendering" according to the developer.

EDIT: Users are reporting incompatibility with many WinterBoard themes. Buyer beware.

Name: AquaBoard - Water Effects
    Price: $2.99
    Version: 0.1-48
    Requirements: iOS 5.1.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Elias Limneos
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-21-2012 at 10:00 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn iPhone 5. Lol. Nice tweak.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Very nice have to remember this one

What's Jailbreak? Soldierboykillm's Avatar
    Thanks

Is that second pic the iPhone 5??! Hahaha

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What's the catch? I bought it. It's enabled. And I have NONE of what I saw in the video. Is it not compatible with other themes?? If so, might be nice to know before purchase.

Thanks

To anyone thinking about buying this, it doesn't appear to work with certain themes. Perhaps the modmyi staff should do some more research before shilling products.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spice_weasel View Post
    To anyone thinking about buying this, it doesn't appear to work with certain themes. Perhaps the modmyi staff should do some more research before shilling products.
    It is up to the developer to warn of incompatibilities with their products.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-21-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks

Yep. In my case, I disabled ALL themes and it works. Thanks for the waste of three dollars.
    Last edited by Orby; 09-22-2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Don't reference that repo, however clever you feel you're doing so.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Agree with everyone else, it doesn't seem to support any winterboard themes at all. Would be great if it didn't have this setback. As it stands, if it's not fixed to support themes, i see no point in a purchase.

Thanks

We do appreciate the user feedback. I've added a line to the article so that people are aware that there may be incompatibilities with WinterBoard themes.

Everyone having problems should contact Elias via Cydia's e-mail function and alert him of the troubles. He may be able to hammer out a fix for you.

Thanks

What happened there Anthony? Looks like a ninja edit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Did you not advertise it for them, give them publicity, and tell us all "how cool" it was??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    Did you not advertise it for them, give them publicity, and tell us all "how cool" it was??
    It is indeed very cool.

Thanks
    Dude, Anthony, take some ownership! You want to take credit for the good reporting, but not the bad. Poor journalism.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Guys Elias is not a new dev he is reliable he will add more support don't have such little faith. Since when has the jb community ripped you off..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spice_weasel View Post
    Yep. In my case, I disabled ALL themes and it works. Thanks for the waste of three dollars.
    E-mail Saurik asking for a refund. Saurik AT! saurik D0T! com. Best advice I can give there.

Quote Originally Posted by jfreezy View Post
    Dude, Anthony, take some ownership! You want to take credit for the good reporting, but not the bad. Poor journalism.
    It's just not possible for a single author to extensively test a tweak against the untold thousands of tweaks and themes out there, particularly when put against time constraints. The tweak worked as apparently intended--just not with certain other themes installed.

We're sorry you're all having difficulty with this tweak. We've added a note to the original post detailing the situations you've had. We've contacted the coder of this tweak, and we encourage any and all of you who aren't having a good experience to do so via Cydia as well. Further, the coder tells us an update rectifying this issue is en route.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soldierboykillm View Post
    Is that second pic the iPhone 5??! Hahaha
    Lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    And it's up to the writers to know their products they are writing articles about
    Last edited by StayyyFlyyy; 09-22-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,535 Times in 1,743 Posts

Did I miss something?? There's no[Review] written in the tittle. He was just reporting it as news, and furthermore, if he was to wait until all the known issues had arise'd then there'd be people moaning about how it's "last months news". I saw this in cydia today, and surprised to see a write-up here about, and liked the extra info. I also thank the users who posted feedback regarding the tweak. Thank you Anthony for all your work at modmyi. Please continue

Thanks

There are several themes that don't play nice with Winterboard..this is just one of them. I want to try it out tho..looks pretty cool.

*T*
    Thanks

I love Elias, he is a fantastic dev... but this is crap.