+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Has a Powerful Triple Core GPU

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 5 Has a Powerful Triple Core GPU

The iPhone 5 is no slouch when it comes to gaming. At the iPhone 5 keynote event, Apple let some application developers demonstrate their creations for the iPhone 5 on the big screen for the audience. One of the developers was a popular gaming firm and they had shown a great new racing game that touted “console quality graphics” in the palm of your hand.

We know that the iPhone 5 comes with a new A6 chip, but what we weren’t expecting to hear was that the iPhone 5 has triple-core graphics. Apple’s iPhone 4S had amazing graphics with the dual-core A5 graphics, but the iPhone 5’s A6 chip can render graphics two times faster than the iPhone 4S’s A5 chip.

Shown above is an illustration of the iPhone 5’s three GPU cores highlighted with yellow bounding boxes. Also illustrated are the ARM cores, which are highlighted with a red bounding box.

The triple-core graphics of the iPhone 5 have benchmarked even higher than the new iPad’s quad-core A5X graphics, which is a significant feat for a smartphone. It’s not too much of a surprise though, since the new iPad’s A5X GPU has to power a retina display the size of a tablet – meaning more hungry pixels than a phone would have.

If you received your iPhone 5 today, how are the gaming graphics treating you?

Sources: AnandTech via MacRumors

Thanks

I can't wait for my iPhone to arrive in the mail,only two more weeks to go :-(

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

All I can say is that mine is amazingly fast at everything. I'm still getting used to the larger screen though. It more that some apps haven't been updated, *cough* modmyi * cough*, to support the new screen. I have a hard time typing on it for some reason when the keyboard isn't on the very bottom. Anyone else had that problem?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    I can't wait for my iPhone to arrive in the mail,only two more weeks to go :-(
    Where are you, I walked into my ATT store this afternoon and got one of the Black 64GB iPhones, only a few of those were left.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shark101au View Post
    Where are you, I walked into my ATT store this afternoon and got one of the Black 64GB iPhones, only a few of those were left.
    You lucked out. All of my local AT&T stores were sold out by the afternoon.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    You lucked out. All of my local AT&T stores were sold out by the afternoon.
    Just called mine and they said they sold out by 10 am. Looks like I will have to attempt on monday. Not a morning person so I will end up having to wait a couple weeks I'm guessing.

Thanks

Sony and Nintendo should review their current handheld market cause apple are really making moves into this area now, even if they don't mean too! But a larger out lay at the start and then 1000s of games for 69p and over but even the most expensive ios game is still far cheaper than a ds game!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Just called mine and they said they sold out by 10 am. Looks like I will have to attempt on monday. Not a morning person so I will end up having to wait a couple weeks I'm guessing.
    I just ordered mine over the phone. There is a 14-21 day back order.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I know a lot of people who just walked in (Miami) at ATT stores and got theirs, also i walked in in the afternoon in BestBuy and they were selling the phone as well, only reason i didnt get it is because mine has shipped already, get in my hands next Thursday.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

I walked into my local AT&T at 9:15am and got mine. No line, no waiting for anyone to ring me up, was very smooth.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

lol u guys are nuts as an apple fan and iphone 4 owner i am extremely dissapointed by the iphone 5 and ios 6 as well my wife has a 4s i was expecting some kinda revolutionary type of thing and another thing correct me if im wrong but all of the best selling apps dont need this power and when u say twice as fast what are you talking about a sec faster two what? does it really matter?

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    lol u guys are nuts as an apple fan and iphone 4 owner i am extremely dissapointed by the iphone 5 and ios 6 as well my wife has a 4s i was expecting some kinda revolutionary type of thing and another thing correct me if im wrong but all of the best selling apps dont need this power and when u say twice as fast what are you talking about a sec faster two what? does it really matter?
    See u can't expect to much because u will be let down. The lte was the go for me. UpdAte your app modmyi. Lol

Thanks

I don't even notice the apps that haven't been updated. The contrast is so great the black top/bottom bars just blend in.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's 14-21 business days

Thanks
    Thanked 5,430 Times in 2,678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meatholes View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's 14-21 business days
    U got that one right.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Who needs iPhone 5, when you have an awesome 3GS, 4, or 4S!

Who Needs iPhone 5? TUTORIAL: Make your iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS Feel Faster, Like New! iOS 5.1.1 Below - YouTube

(Fellow ModMyI'ers, please comment here what you think about the vid and how I can improve it! I posted here because this community is particularly well versed in iPhone!)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruslan120 View Post
    Who needs iPhone 5, when you have an awesome 3GS, 4, or 4S!

Who Needs iPhone 5? TUTORIAL: Make your iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS Feel Faster, Like New! iOS 5.1.1 Below - YouTube

(Fellow ModMyI'ers, please comment here what you think about the vid and how I can improve it! I posted here because this community is particularly well versed in iPhone!)
    Lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    Ugh. Yes it does matter. I hate the laggy scrolling on the iPhone 4 in the App Store. It would be so nice if it could scroll smoothly.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

I'm talking about just walk ins. Not ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    Sony and Nintendo should review their current handheld market cause apple are really making moves into this area now, even if they don't mean too! But a larger out lay at the start and then 1000s of games for 69p and over but even the most expensive ios game is still far cheaper than a ds game!
    They have nothing to worry about. They have pysical buttons. Their target audience are gamers and gamers prefer real buttons and controls. Also as for the cost thing Sony has a thing where developers of mobile apps will be able to put their apps on the Vita or any Playstation certifide device. PlayStation Suite's 'open beta' SDK available to download now -- Engadget
    Last edited by Cer0; 09-21-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I'm talking about just walk ins. Not ordering.
    I would assume it's going to take the stores about the same amount of time to stock up on iPhone 5 units as it would take for an individual to get one.