+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: That Was Fast... iPhone 5 Already Jailbroken

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Silverado1987 I'm trying to cut down my tweaks as much as I can so that I can live with it enough to upgrade to ios6 and hopefully
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,546 Times in 3,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I'm trying to cut down my tweaks as much as I can so that I can live with it enough to upgrade to ios6 and hopefully soon a jailbreak will be available. Hoping 4s will be next soon to be jailbroken
    Not 'til close to Christmas. And the nature of non Boot Rom exploits is that the jailbreak for iOS 6 won't be released for one phone before another. When we finally get the untethered JB it will be for all phones running iOS 6 at the same time. The iPhone 4 exploit was a bootrom exploit meaning that an iP4 will always have a JB as soon as any new iOS comes out.

But the 3GS, 4S and 5 will get the untethered JB at the same time. As was the case for the 4S too- which i will add took a little over 15 weeks.

So about Christmas-time. And each new iOS gets a little harder to JB. So maybe January. :-(. That's why I'm sticking with 4S for now. Long about Jan there'll be an untethered JB AND LTE should be in my city with AT&T. Til then I need my jailbreak.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-23-2012 at 08:52 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The reason it took so long to JB the 4gs they NOT working on it as hard, as who can be the first to JB the Iphone 5... think about it GEEZ...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys, I need help here. So, I updated my iPod 4G to iOS 6 then proceeded with redsn0w's jailbreaking process.
    Well the problem is that I've done everything and jailbroken successfully but now have to root my device to install Cydia as you may know.
    I'm on a Windows 7 laptop, so I downloaded WinScp for my laptop and yes before you ask my laptop and iPod are both on the same wireless network so no issue there. But when I type in my iPod's IP address into WINscp and type 'root' and 'alpine' as the user and password respectively and click login, it waits for a couple of seconds and says "Server unexpectedly closed network connection".

What is the problem and is there anything at all that I can try to fix it.

Please and thank you,
    h4mex

Thanks
    Thanked 9,161 Times in 5,672 Posts

Make sure your phone stays awake, don't allow it to sleep. Make sense?

EVO
    Thanks

lets just hope it doesnt come AFTER xmas like what happened with the 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak, but whatever, I'm still grateful no matter what

Thanks

mod edit/comment removed
    Last edited by blkcadi; 09-24-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by N2bnfunn View Post
    The reason it took so long to JB the 4gs they NOT working on it as hard, as who can be the first to JB the Iphone 5... think about it GEEZ...
    That same logic could applied to ANY new iPhone.. The 4 took a long time too. And I disagree about "not working hard". The devs work very hard for no pay and have their day jobs too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I wouldn't even bother getting a 5 until the jailbreak was out. I just got a 4S last December so I won't be getting a 5 but I'd never get one as soon as it came out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h4mex View Post
    Hey guys, I need help here. So, I updated my iPod 4G to iOS 6 then proceeded with redsn0w's jailbreaking process.
    Well the problem is that I've done everything and jailbroken successfully but now have to root my device to install Cydia as you may know.
    I'm on a Windows 7 laptop, so I downloaded WinScp for my laptop and yes before you ask my laptop and iPod are both on the same wireless network so no issue there. But when I type in my iPod's IP address into WINscp and type 'root' and 'alpine' as the user and password respectively and click login, it waits for a couple of seconds and says "Server unexpectedly closed network connection".

What is the problem and is there anything at all that I can try to fix it.

Please and thank you,
    h4mex
    Ummm so that doesn't work anyone willing to help out a newbie?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,161 Times in 5,672 Posts

Keep trying, maybe uninstall WinSCP and re-install. Strange problem, I have gotten that error before but always have been able to connect eventually. Wish I could be more help. There are several other SSH apps out there, perhaps try another one for now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hahah awesome

iPhone? More like MyPhone jps1012's Avatar
    Thanks
    ‏@pod2g
    About the iOS 6 JB : I'm not working on it ATM, sorry. I'm focusing on my job. Maybe discussions at #WWJC will generate ideas (?).

That doesn't seem promising

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    from @pod2g:
    [[ the iOS 6 JB : I'm not working on it ATM, sorry. I'm focusing on my job. Maybe discussions at #WWJC will generate ideas (?).]]
    That doesn't seem promising
    I wouldn't put too much stock in these early updates. I do love and appreciate our awesome devs (don't flame me) but our devs are also "rock stars" in their own view of themselves and enjoy a little of the 'making us hang on their every word' syndrome. They want us to 'beg' them to work on it .. Lol!!!! certainly they have their day jobs; certainly they work hard; certainly they're working for free and certainly we're grateful - but trust me they 'create' this fever "on purpose". ;-)

I've watched it for years. It is what it is. ;-)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blwallace5 View Post
    That was a developer account, and muscle nerd was up front about that. Grant said this is actually jail broken, ill take his word for it; he has earned it.

it.
    You were saying?

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456