+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google: iOS 6 Users Should Still Use Google Maps

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I look forward to a Jailbreak solution for iOS6 that puts the native Google Maps app pack on.
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I look forward to a Jailbreak solution for iOS6 that puts the native Google Maps app pack on.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,642 Times in 3,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    lmfao at all the iDiotic comments I'm reading about how iOS maps are better than Google's !! I cant believe that some people can be so blatantly dishonest.

Any of you using Google maps on an iPhone have a stripped down and very limited version. Google maps on Android has literally dozens of features that are NOT available on iOS and will not be available on iOS maps.

here's what Ive noticed since updating my iPhone 4S to iOS 6.

- iOS maps is copying features from Google maps such as multi touch swipe to tilt the map & multi touch to rotate the map.
    - iOS maps 3D maps does NOT work. I pan over downtown Manhattan and there are NO 3D buildings. NONE, period.
    - iOS maps has no biking routes directions
    - iOS maps has no voice navigation with turn by turn
    - iOS maps has no places
    - iOS maps has no "layers" traffic, satellite, terrain, transit lines, latitude, my maps, cycling,.
    - iOS maps has no live traffic
    - iOS maps has no offline maps
    - iOS maps doesnt show subway and bus routes
    - iOS maps no street view
    - iOS maps have NO labs (labs lets you add plugins and such to the map app. so for example I have lab that lets me measure the distance between two points along with elevation information.)
    It's obvious you haven't even tried iOS maps in 6 yet. Half the things you list there ARE in iOS 6 maps. So you're just blowing smoke, an obvious Fandroid. Google Maps on iOS was a child's toy compared to the new iOS maps. No comparison. With the only exceptions being no StreetView yet and no Foot/Bike directions. I will miss those two. But there are at least 30 apps in the App Store that can get you the bike/walking functionality back - and as Andrew said - Apple will update it - don't worry. Nice implementation, Apple. For those who will dismiss me as an Apple Fanboy / I own both Apple and Samsung. Samsung doesnt get used so much anymore because Android is such a buggy operating system. Love the S3 screen but Android ruins the experience.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Outside of the USA Apple maps is a joke.

But even in the USA, surely the lack of StreetView must annoy some of you? And if Turn by Turn Navigation is so important to you how come you haven't already bought a proper Satnav App?

Even if the maps were as good here in the UK as Google Maps - which they are not bay a huge margin, I would still prefer Google Maps because of StreetView.

I have updated my phone to iOS 6 but my iPad will remain on 5.11
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Push the home button, up pops siri, I say directions to joe's pizza, and up comes the directions, hit start and turn by turn voice directions start up. I have Garmin USA and use that all the time, but so far I haven't had any problems with the apple maps.

Green Apple
    Thanks

According to other sources, Google has submitted their Gmaps app to IOS.
    ►o·pen/ˈōpən/
    Accessible to all.
    Allowing access; not locked up.
    Having no means of closing or barring.
    Free from limitations, boundaries, or restrictions.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123