+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: AT&T and Verizon Expand Their 4G LTE Networks Prior to iPhone 5 Launch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Alaska.... WTF are you kidding me
...
  1. #21
    Green Apple brandyn baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Claremore, Oklahoma
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Alaska.... WTF are you kidding me

  2. #22
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield
    Posts
    305
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Do you live in bako?


    Ya, have lived in bakersfield for about 10 years now.

    Gonna be heading to camp out in a little at the ming att, supposed to be getting 100 iphones. Last I saw there were 10 people outside already at around 8


    Edit: Forgot to mention, in a few weeks att is going to be pushing 80 some odd more 4G cell sites throughout california. Seems like they are going to start pushing 4G hard.
    Last edited by HighTymes; 09-21-2012 at 12:45 AM.

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone RoloDiva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Orlando, Florida, United States
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brandyn baker View Post
    Alaska.... WTF are you kidding me
    2011 U.S. Census:

    Anchorage, Alaska 295,570


    America Falls, Idaho 4,428
    Americus, Georgia 16,809
    Aspen-Snowmass, Colorado 2,826*
    Billing, Montana 105,636
    Helena, Montana 28,592
    Bremerton, Colorado 35,091
    Coffeyvilley, Kansas 10,137
    Cheyenne, Wyoming 60,096
    Ellijay, Georgia 1,619
    Emporia, Kansas 24,791
    Greeley Colorado 94,962
    Lawrence, Kansas 88,727
    Marion County, Ohio 65,655
    Moultrie, Georgia 14,160
    Merced, California 80,232
    Pueblo, Colorado 107,577
    Richmond, Indiana 36,670
    Silverdale, Colorado (who the hell knows, since I can only find references to this place as "ghost town"...)
    Statesboro, Georgia 28,422*
    Tifton, Georgia 16,869



    -Point being, if I were AT&T I would initially focus putting my network expansion efforts in cities with populations in the six digits rather than these small towns in the middle of nowhere, most which don't even top 40k people.



    *(2010 Census)

  4. #24
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,383
    Thanks
    3,638
    Thanked 8,441 Times in 4,286 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RoloDiva13 View Post
    2011 U.S. Census:

    Anchorage, Alaska 295,570


    America Falls, Idaho 4,428
    Americus, Georgia 16,809
    Aspen-Snowmass, Colorado 2,826*
    Billing, Montana 105,636
    Helena, Montana 28,592
    Bremerton, Colorado 35,091
    Coffeyvilley, Kansas 10,137
    Cheyenne, Wyoming 60,096
    Ellijay, Georgia 1,619
    Emporia, Kansas 24,791
    Greeley Colorado 94,962
    Lawrence, Kansas 88,727
    Marion County, Ohio 65,655
    Moultrie, Georgia 14,160
    Merced, California 80,232
    Pueblo, Colorado 107,577
    Richmond, Indiana 36,670
    Silverdale, Colorado (who the hell knows, since I can only find references to this place as "ghost town"...)
    Statesboro, Georgia 28,422*
    Tifton, Georgia 16,869



    -Point being, if I were AT&T I would initially focus putting my network expansion efforts in cities with populations in the six digits rather than these small towns in the middle of nowhere, most which don't even top 40k people.



    *(2010 Census)
    His point, obviously, was why Anchorage before places like Philadelphia that have nearly 1,536,471 residents. I was also shocked by Anchorage which only 'barely' qualifies as a 'large' city.

  5. #25
    What's Jailbreak? cuzz501's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Sorry that was not one of the features. (check your facts).
    Does the iPhone 4S support 4G / LTE? | The iPhone FAQ
    Is the iPhone 4G 4G?
    Is the AT&T iPhone 4S a 4G phone or not? | Signal Strength - CNET News


    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    You're dead wrong. That was one of the main new features of the 4S. Do some homework.

  6. #26
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,670
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 569 Times in 520 Posts

    FYI: Bremerton and Silverdale are both in Washington state, not Colorado.

    OT: AT&T's LTE rollout list is kind of baffling to me. Why little "Podunk" towns in the Midwest are getting LTE connectivity before several major cities is astonishing (but, in fairness, AT&T is making an effort to rectify this gap--slowly).

  7. #27
    iPhone? More like MyPhone RoloDiva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Orlando, Florida, United States
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    His point, obviously, was why Anchorage before places like Philadelphia that have nearly 1,536,471 residents. I was also shocked by Anchorage which only 'barely' qualifies as a 'large' city.
    If it was that "obvious" then we wouldn't be having this exchange, now would we? I love how some folks like to ***** about EVERYTHING these carriers do. Nothing is good enough it seems. If Big Blue isn't moving fast enough for ya jump ship. No one will miss you.

    As far as why AT&T would blanket LTE in Anchorage before Philly, who knows? Maybe they have more customers in that city or they've gotten approval for network improvements quicker there than Philadelphia. I'm just speculating. I'm also going to leave such decisions up to those who actually own, maintain and PAY for said network improvements to decide when/where they lay them out.

  8. #28
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I got the iPhone 5 from Verizon and it is the worse iPhone I ever got and i had all of them from the first one. The iPhone 4S is way faster than this one and all that BS that Verizon has better signal is really pissing me off. Don't trade the 4S!! Maybe cuss its only came out today but I was always so happy when I got a new iPhone

  9. #29
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    my LTE isnt working here. in sacramento, for att. It barely connects to it. ugh. i did a speedtest while it was connect i got 50mbps.

  10. #30
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,383
    Thanks
    3,638
    Thanked 8,441 Times in 4,286 Posts

    You can't change the subject midstream, dude. Foul! ;-). No one here ever said 4S had LTE. But it did have 4G HSPA+ which is hugely faster than 3G. And HSPA+ is NOT the same as LTE which is a factor of 10 faster than HSPA+. This topic has confused people huge. 4G simply means 4th generation and there are 3 different speeds that were allowed to be marketed as 4G last year. LTE being the winner by far. The 4S did NOT have 4G LTE (no one here ever said it did) but one of the major new features of the 4S was 4G HSPA+, hence, why you see a little 4G insignia near the signal bars on any 4S in the 4G HSPA+ zones. I have done my homework thoroughly, my friend, you're just a little confused as to the nature of 4G and the different speeds.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  11. #31
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,403
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 207 Times in 160 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    Ya, have lived in bakersfield for about 10 years now.

    Gonna be heading to camp out in a little at the ming att, supposed to be getting 100 iphones. Last I saw there were 10 people outside already at around 8


    Edit: Forgot to mention, in a few weeks att is going to be pushing 80 some odd more 4G cell sites throughout california. Seems like they are going to start pushing 4G hard.

    Nice, ive lived here for about ten years as well. Nice to see somebody from Bakersfield on here.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts