Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Continues its Anti-Apple Campaign with a new TV Commercial

Thanks

Default Samsung Continues its Anti-Apple Campaign with a new TV Commercial

Samsung recently aired a new commercial where it continues to promote its “The next big thing is already here” message referring to the Samsung Galaxy S III handset. In the latest commercial, customers are shown waiting in line for what is presumably meant to be Apple’s iPhone 5 (although the product is never mentioned by name). You can watch the video below:

Customers are shown calling the device a “precious jewel” and expressing excitement that the headphone jack will be on the bottom of the device. There was particular attention paid to the new, smaller Lightning connector Apple introduced with the iPhone 5. Here, the Apple fans proclaim that the Lightning port is “all digital” but admit that they don’t exactly know what that means. The iPhone 5 buyers are also seen talking about how an adapter is needed to use the Lightning port with legacy accessories but one person has to say that Apple makes “the coolest adapters.”

As per previous ads, the Apple fans that come cross Samsung’s latest flagship Android set are left wanting more as the features of the device are shown off or touted. An example of this would be two users on the street exchanging music playlists via NFC by touching their phones together. It was also noted in the commercial that the Galaxy S III has a larger display than the 4-inch screen on the iPhone 5 and that is Samsung’s handset had 4G LTE connectivity before Apple.

The Samsung advertisement comes in just a week after the iPhone 5 was unveiled. The purpose of the advertisement is to attempt to take away some of the momentum that Apple has gained with the announcement of the iPhone 5 last week. We'll see how effective the campaign is when more data starts to roll in.

Source: YouTube (Samsung Mobile USA)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

This is so childish!!!! Just say you have a best phone, and consumers will decide what's best for them... this ad makes me think of my grandparents... back to the 60s...

Wow, Samsung.

First you copy (ride on the coattails of) Apple's product(s) (hardware?/software?)...
    Then, you ride on their advertising coattails (some of you may not be aware Samsung is placing their ads as lead-ins to the You Tube videos addressing the new iPhone 5 capabilities).

At least the marketing strategy isn't illegal, so you're making SOME progress.
    Last edited by GeoffS4; 09-20-2012 at 09:23 AM.

I love these commercials!! Most of it is so true! I have a 4S, wife has the SG3, which is a better phone IMO. I don't expect the 5 to be much better...
    Last edited by sammy1977; 09-20-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy1977 View Post
    I love these commercials!! Most of it is so true! I have a 4GS, wife has the SG3, which is a better phone IMO. I don't expect the 5 to be much better...
    Good to know.

Of course comments like yours that were also made for the iPhone 3, 4 & 4S were certainly not reinforced, actually overwhelmingly proven otherwise, by the millions upon millions of returning and new Apple customers.

Additionaly, companies like Samsung also obviously think otherwise (both historicaly and currently) as can be seen by the multiple reproductions (aka copies) of the successful iPhone (Apple) products.

Thanks

Its an opinion in the end. We are all entitled. Funny how we all pick sides and defend them tooth and nail. What is Apple giving us? What is Samsung giving us? Not a damn thing! Relax and get the phone of your choice..yikes.

So fanboys claim that Samsung copied the iphone? If thats the case galaxy phone suck as well..because it was copied from crappy phone made by childish company that instead make better product to be competetive they take their battle on bias country with bias judges and. Itize... Oh my...

Envy is an ugly shade of green.

They can make fun of people standing in lines for iPhones all they want, but anyone with the the smallest amount of common sense know that Samsung would love to have that kind of demand and attention for their products. Any for-profit company would!

The saddest part of all is that they have to make up fake over-the-top stupid things people say in order to then make fun of it. If people were really that stupidly excited, I'd give them some slack on making fun of them. But it's just not true.

This is much in the same way I hear many gadget blog comment trolls make up fake extreme situations about Apple like "they're going to sue because it has a screen, and then proceed to complain about the fake situation they made up.

Samsung, don't be like internet trolls. They're the lowest of the low.
    Last edited by fleurya; 09-20-2012 at 09:34 AM.

When did apple release a 4GS?

Did i hear correctly? Near 1:18 the dude says that he "can watch a video while sending an email"????
    Seriously? How on earth one can type and watch videos at the same time????

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Its an opinion in the end. We are all entitled. Funny how we all pick sides and defend them tooth and nail. What is Apple giving us? What is Samsung giving us? Not a damn thing! Relax and get the phone of your choice..yikes.
    +1

I like iPhone for my own reasons and don't really care what others think about it. Some people try to convince others that their phone is better but it's all a matter of opinion and user preference.

Blah...

Quote Originally Posted by Lysias55 View Post
    When did apple release a 4GS?

Blah...

Quote Originally Posted by spinn3rs View Post
    Did i hear correctly? Near 1:18 the dude says that he "can watch a video while sending an email"????
    Ha! That's hilarious...reminds me of the recent commercial showing a phones image stabilazation but the reflection in a "passing" window shows a major camera system doing the stabilization.

Maybe it's a split screen???

Quote Originally Posted by spinn3rs View Post

Yep, that's what they said. How can you not laugh at that??

Quote Originally Posted by fumiteru View Post
    This is so childish!!!! Just say you have a best phone, and consumers will decide what's best for them... this ad makes me think of my grandparents... back to the 60s...
    really? I thought it was pretty funny.

I'm done with my iphone, im gonna try out android. My friend just got one, looks super great. I'll post my reviews and if I decide to switch back. It'll suck losing all my apps but it'll be fun trying something new. hopefully it'll work out!

Pathetic. How will this entice people to switch?? That's just free promotion.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple bashes competition in advertising and it's just good marketing.
    Samsung does it and its "anti-apple"

...uhhh

Quote Originally Posted by frankyfontaine View Post
    I'm done with my iphone, im gonna try out android. My friend just got one, looks super great. I'll post my reviews and if I decide to switch back. It'll suck losing all my apps but it'll be fun trying something new. hopefully it'll work out!
    Good luck! A few of my co-workers had Android phones and switched to Apple last year but maybe the current Android phones are better.

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post

...uhhh
    When has Apple bashed the competition except for those old Mac vs. PC commercials?

Quote Originally Posted by Glocknine View Post
    So fanboys claim that Samsung copied the iphone? If thats the case galaxy phone suck as well..because it was copied from crappy phone made by childish company that instead make better product to be competetive they take their battle on bias country with bias judges and. Itize... Oh my...
    Great comment! Thank you . (Serious)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post

...uhhh
    The only time Apple bashed their competition in their advertisements was the PC vs. Mac advertisements, and we all know how many parodies we saw on that. People are softer on Samsung than they were on Apple.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast