+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Continues its Anti-Apple Campaign with a new TV Commercial

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
this is seriously childish behavior i feel like im watching presidential campaign advert :-| is this the levels we've sunk too?
    Green Apple
    Thanks

this is seriously childish behavior
    i feel like im watching presidential campaign advert :-|

is this the levels we've sunk too?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I dont understand why so many people here get offended by this commercial? Its a phone, and they are competitors in business.... I would rather watch commercials like these than some other commercials. I pre-ordered the iPhone 5 simply because I like the IOS market better, but I have to say the Samsung has some cool features too. Some of you people get carried away and need to come back into reality.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Envy is an ugly shade of green.

They can make fun of people standing in lines for iPhones all they want, but anyone with the the smallest amount of common sense know that Samsung would love to have that kind of demand and attention for their products. Any for-profit company would!

The saddest part of all is that they have to make up fake over-the-top stupid things people say in order to then make fun of it. If people were really that stupidly excited, I'd give them some slack on making fun of them. But it's just not true.

This is much in the same way I hear many gadget blog comment trolls make up fake extreme situations about Apple like "they're going to sue because it has a screen, and then proceed to complain about the fake situation they made up.

Samsung, don't be like internet trolls. They're the lowest of the low.
    Been reading how a lot of those that are waiting in line are publicity hounds for various companies. They pay employees to stand in line and when the frequent reporter shows up they are touting their employer. I believe it was Cnet that had an interesting article about it.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    It's so funny that samsung ran the same comercial last year against the crappy 4s and still it sold twice as much as the S3 and still they do the same thing and the phone already sold more than 2 million, the problem with samsung it's that their line is too complicated, for the S2 they had like 10 different models that did 10 different things, yet apple had 1 model that did 10 different things. And the S3 is the same, there is more than 1 model and yet apple only needs 1 iphone to do all. The screen thing is crap, all it gives you is more room to break in either your pocket or by accident, and Android is the worst operating system ever, i've used it and didn't like it at all. Yet it has advantages, expandable memory, faster processor, better sync with the pc since you don't need itunes, but most games come on ios first anyway, and are cheaper too and who really uses a phone for video or sound editing???. The problem with samsung it that it concentrates it's campain on the obvious instead of actually showing real comparisons, show the same game on both devices to see which is better, use the cloud software of both devices at the same time to see the difference, but stop comparing the screen, stop comparing processor and ram, actually compare the things we really care about. Oh and by the way the part about the grandparents using the iphone and the grandson using the S3...IF MY GRANDFATHER EVEN KNEW HOW TO TURN ON THE IPHONE THAT WOULD BE AWESOME SO DON'T TELL ME THAT THE S3 IS THE PHONE YOUNG PEOPLE USE, BECAUSE ONLY HIPSTERS AND PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO CHEAP FOR A REAL PHONE ARE THE ONES WHO BOTHER WITH A SAMSUNG.
    Wow this scream FANBOY!! in response to "who uses a phone for video and sounds editing" who uses a phone for gaming? You cant't make that statement about the video and sound editing yet praise the iOS for getting games first? Both fail in the gaming and editing department compare to a PC or Mac. You really want to compare the iphone and the S3 for gaming? Sorry but people don't care if Angry Birds plays better on the S3 or iPhone, they care more about what they can do with their phones. Last i checked the S3 was a REAL phone just like any other phone out there and isn't the price the same when you sign up for the 2 year contracts with the exception of memory expansion? But if your talking about an Unlocked S3 or iphone then i would get neither, too much money! Instead i bought myself an unlock Galaxy Nexus and saved the rest of the money. Lastly, this video might answer your question about why people keep buying iphones, you can find your straight answer at 2:38. But if you want my answer, is PERSONAL PREFERENCE!!! Pick a phone that suits your needs, end of story. BTW how come no one has reported on this? BBC News - New Apple maps app under fire from users
    Last edited by Painkiller006; 09-20-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    from my rooted Droid DNA

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Apple bashes competition in advertising and it's just good marketing.
    Samsung does it and its "anti-apple"

...uhhh
    PC vs Mac were awesome and TRUE, these adverts are just pure jealousy that no one wants to line up for a Galaxy S3.

I'd be stuck on a island with a iPhone than a unreliable S3 with crap apps and a horrible battery.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 09-20-2012 at 12:15 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spinn3rs View Post
    Did i hear correctly? Near 1:18 the dude says that he "can watch a video while sending an email"????
    Seriously? How on earth one can type and watch videos at the same time????
    Simple. The S3 has the capability to overlay a video over another running application. By using this feature you can be watching a smaller window of the video while working in the other application (in the case of the example given the email app).
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Its an opinion in the end. We are all entitled. Funny how we all pick sides and defend them tooth and nail. What is Apple giving us? What is Samsung giving us? Not a damn thing! Relax and get the phone of your choice..yikes.

yea. this guy here knows what its all about.
    who gives a crap. really. i like iphone more. thus i choose them.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    Samsung has to resort to this type of slander, they have nothing on the iPhone. I've already gotten commitments from 32 families to boycott all Samsung products (ALL), working on more, and they are working on more.
    Please learn what slander actually is before trying to declare it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    PC vs Mac were awesome and TRUE, these adverts are just pure jealousy that no one wants to line up for a Galaxy S3.
    I'd be stuck on a island with a iPhone than a unreliable S3 with crap apps and a horrible battery.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, i give you MetallicaFan1991! One of the most dedicated die hard apple fanboy. But seriously, stuck on an island with an iphone, what the hell are you gonna do with it? You most likely won't have service and your precious battery will die soon enough as well. Next time your in an island, try to take something more meaningful other than a useless phone, whether it be an iphone or android phone.
    from my rooted Droid DNA

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

i would take my fleshlight ^^^

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Smart
    Yeah, its a great strategy to make fun of the same users you want to swith over. Insult them and make them look stupid for waiting in line, that's a nice strategy to get them to your side. Samsung wishes they had those kinds of lines for the SGIII, this is just pure jealousy and sour grapes.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Old new it was on bgr like 2 days ago. Come mmi keep up

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spinn3rs View Post
    Did i hear correctly? Near 1:18 the dude says that he "can watch a video while sending an email"????
    Seriously? How on earth one can type and watch videos at the same time????
    SGS3 has an option for a pop up video in their video player, all androids can download it from the Google Play store and watch all videos (YouTube and other streaming websites as well as from the device itself) in pop up windows (kina like on the computer)
    -Ex-iPhone 4s owner, proud owner of HTC One X :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    i would take my fleshlight ^^^
    +1 plus a billion more!
    from my rooted Droid DNA

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    +1 plus a billion more!
    no just 1 and i'll name it wilma

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post

You and NakedFarie should start dating

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think the ad is funny. No hard feelings...the Apple cult does have its downside.
    That said, can't wait for my iPhone 5 tomorrow. I have a couple Android fanatic friends and they're just as bad...playing up the good and downplaying the bad. GS3 is a great phone, but IMO the screen is too damn big, and android is a jumbled mess. I like fine engineering, glass and aluminum, and a more polished user experience. That's why it's iPhone for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

straws and clutching springs to mind

Thanks
    Thanked 3,839 Times in 876 Posts

Didn't really find the commercial that funny or very clever. Already the old Mac vs PC ads were clever.

With all that I can see why apple would need to run those adds because of being an under dog to PC by far.

Anyway all this commercial shows is that the "next best thing" has already been out but people don't care enough to have to remind everyone. Lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hahaha love this advert...i hope they have a next advert that takes the piss out of the new maps app