Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some Users Experiencing Wi-Fi Problems After Upgrading to iOS 6

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    Sorry for the rest of the world but, iPhone is a US product. If they want the features they should wait to update.
    Apple force you to update. You dont have a choice unless you know what you are doing.
    Forced as in today an update to iMovie came out and its for IOS6.0 ONLY. So if you have and use iMovie then you are FORCED to update to IOS6.0

And you are also FORCED to update your hardware. The iPad 1 still works fine but it now wont update anymore as its stuck on 5.1.1.
    So any new app that uses 6.0 will no longer run on the iPad 1. All those apps updated via iTunes for 6.0 wont install or update in the iPad 1.
    SO in the end you are FORCED to update to an iPad2 or 3.

Apple dont know how to play nice, they want EVERYONE to be a clone and do what they say when they say and how they say.
    Thay dont want you do have a video as your background, they dont want you to hide Spotlight, they dont want you to disable the lockscreen, they dont want you to access files they dont wasnt you to do pretty much anything you actually want with YOUR device unless they say you can do it.

This is the reason why jailbreak is so popular. Jailbreaking the iDevice is for people that are NOT clones of Apple and actually have their OWN opinion and a brain.
    IF you dont jailbreak your iDevice you are a clone of Apple. Have fun in your grey boring existence. I'll be enjoying my colorful life.

Rant over. I've never liked the way the iDevice is so locked down and I love the way Android is so open and customizable. And YES I already own Android devices and iDevices and I prefer the Android as its so much more friendlier than any iDevice. BUT I paid for the apps on the iDevice thats why I still have it. If I got them for free I would've got rid of all iDevices years ago.

^^^^I'm not reading all of that. My fifth grade edumacation prevents me from doing so.

Sorry for the rest of the world but, iPhone is a US product. If they want the features they should wait to update.
    I'm from the philippines and Siri now recognizes places of interests here. I haven't tested the turn-by-turn feature though. And I fortunately have not experienced any wifi issues.
    iphone 5 16gb iOS 6.1 beta 4

What a daft comment to make. Why would apple release a product elsewhere without all the features enabled? It's like saying people outside the US will have to wait to get bubbles in their coke as its an American product! And maps has been working fine for me in the UK....

I just reboot my iPhone 4 and the problem was gone

Thanks
    iOS 6 works fine in the uk, Siri, maps and camera all work as they should

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had the wifi issue. I didn't follow the fix here, but instead went to Settings-->Safari-->Advanced-->Website Data and just clicked on Remove Website Data. It worked for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I ran into that same issue, but I set HTTP settings to Auto (I didn't put in any URL when it asked) for my home network, and it has been working without any problems since.

No other network I've tested so far has shown that issue.

I'm using an iPhone 4, btw.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    Why has Apple still not enabled Siri on the iPhone 4 and turn by turn on the maps app, when the JB community has proven Siri works on the device with no issues? Looks like I'll still be waiting for a JB before upgrading as I'm sure the community will come up with better solutions and as always show Apple how to do it!!
    That's because it's their third and final device aka most outdated. Just like the 3G didn't have iPhone 4 features. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Had this problem on a 4s. I just waited 20 mins and it connected fine. I wonder how long it’ll be before there are reports for batteries draining fast, it has happened on every one of apple’s big software .0 releases.
    I can say I have seen a vast improvement in battery life since using the GM build of iOS 6 and I've been using 4s just as much and started to use Bluetooth as well, now after a 12 hour day I'm heading home with 70% still avail where as before I would have been looking at only around 35-45% at best. So I'm happy! And I always do a clean install when updating so shouldn't have that as an issue!

Guys, the issue had NOTHING to do with the update or the device itself.

Apple stupidly deleted the verification page from their web site so when the wifi login portal looked for said page to verify you were online, it was nowhere to be found. They quickly realized this and brought the page back online once everyone started freaking out.

None of your "fixes" addressed anything since the problem wasn't on your side. So unless you bypassed the portal login (as some did), your "fix" was timed around the same time Apple brought the page back up.

I had this problem but I am on 5.1.1 and my girlfriend had that problem too 5.0.1. Also my uncle had this issue too but he was on iOS 6 but we were all on the some WiFi. I think Apple F'd something big on this one.

all well. Everything seems well after about 8PM EST for me. we even tried different wifi's and I tried using PDAnet and MyWi to let the other users connect and the same thing happened.

I had the wifi issue yesterday evening at around the 7 p.m. hour (EST) on my 4S, "new" iPad, and my wife's 4. I rebooted my wireless router and problem went away.

even though i could be called an apple fan boy. The more i read about ios 6 flaws, limitations, reduced funtionalities,, just a minor bump is iphone 5 specs and features,, the more i've started to drift away from the iphone now... Even though i had ordered the ipone 5, i just might return it once i get it... I'm hearing nothing good about IOS6 so far.. maps application seems to be pretty crappy from the reviews so far....
    Google maps might be the deciding factor for me to upgrade to ios6 and even iphone 5. I really hope google comes out with a stand alone app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    Why has Apple still not enabled Siri on the iPhone 4 and turn by turn on the maps app, when the JB community has proven Siri works on the device with no issues? Looks like I'll still be waiting for a JB before upgrading as I'm sure the community will come up with better solutions and as always show Apple how to do it!!
    To get people like you and I to upgrade our phone to a newer model.

my volume wasn't working with the update. It seems a big buggy. Hard reset seems to help

Thanks

Quit trolling, y'all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassvictim's Avatar
    Thanks

I took the update first thing yesterday, and not one issue that I know of. Siri, maps, nav, wifi, panorama- all good.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

MMS doesnt work, anyone else?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Apple force you to update. You dont have a choice unless you know what you are doing.
    Forced as in today an update to iMovie came out and its for IOS6.0 ONLY. So if you have and use iMovie then you are FORCED to update to IOS6.0
    That's not true. I have iMovie on my iPhone 4S on 5.1.1. I do get a badge that I can update if I want to but no force from apple's side. Matter of fact, i can't even update iMovie coz I'm not on iOS 6.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast