+ Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6 Released - Full Review

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Striknine I remember when we had to pay for iPhone updates. Glad their free now. Don't remember them charging for iPhone updates!! iPod yes but not iPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
    I remember when we had to pay for iPhone updates. Glad their free now.
    Don't remember them charging for iPhone updates!! iPod yes but not iPhone updates!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

When visiting Web sites in Mobile Safari that have App Store applications, iOS 6 will alert you and prompt you to download the application from the App Store. If you have the application installed already, it will ask you to open the application instead of using the Web-based version. In the event that you do launch the application version of the Web site instead, the application will pick up where you left off on the Web site, so no time is lost.

what if i dont want the mobile app version ..........

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Om3r View Post
    new map app only US??? are you kidding?
    Apple (Canada) - iOS 6 Feature Availability
    can you confirm it works in canada?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks
    Thanked 8,052 Times in 1,693 Posts

Thank god I updated my retina iPad to this before shelling out my money Friday. Pre-order cancelled for me. Maps are horrible and Siri is a joke. I'll be keeping my iPad and ip4 but it looks like Nokia is getting my new business.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Dummy For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (09-19-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Volume slider bugs on iOS for many users. the nob disappears and there is no volume

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Who cares if it works anywhere but the us. How about some country besides this one come out with technology worth a $&@". And where is the ability to swipe out of applications, out of all the jb ideas they could have stolen, they did not take zephyr nor did they take switchy or backgrounder. Come on apple. Great idea on holding out on NFC, this world is nowhere close to being secure enough for that technology. Go ahead google and jump into something way too early( just like you rushed that worthless wannabe mobile operating system). Although without jobs apple will become more and more like google. Conformity here we come ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Thanks

You had to pay for updates at one time?! Wow that's greedy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lovin the update. JB to me is worthless considering my iphone crash a majority of the time. I would rather stick with refined iOS rather than a hacked up JB iOS.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,190 Times in 6,648 Posts

Apple has never charged for iPhone updates. Only iPod touch updates way back in the day.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hardly anything worth updating for to be honest. Maps was probably the only one new thing I'd use a lot but by reading comments it appears to be US only? Nice one, Apple.

The part of this review that really made me laugh was the new YouTube app. Besides looking better, there really is nothing worth the praise this reviewer gave. Nothing.

All in all this update is looking kind of mediocre. Js.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Geez so much hate for iOS6. It's the smoothest UI and probably the most reliable. Has many new features. Secure. Huge App Store.

Yet people aren't satisfied?
    Wake up! It gets what you need done and rarely, if ever, gives a hassle.

Green Apple
    Thanks

not much for iphone 4 ... cant want wait for the 5 on friday

Thanks

Default US Only...
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocknine View Post
    New map app sucks US only
    Turn by turn navi US only
    Siri is still dumb or dumber if your not from US
    Obviously. But I'm sure apple would have started mapping other countries. Its new. google maps also took a long time to develop. Glad to see apple not relying on other companies and is getting more self sufficient.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

The gorgeous and beautiful screen on my new iPad was......CRACKED a week or so ago...... It was dropped, thats all i will say, as it is to painful to talk about.

Luckily, I had purchased a warranty for it, which covers accidental damage. I bought it at the Navy Exchange. They offer their own warranty, this is the one I bought. I have to send it in, and they will either replace the screen, or give me a new one.

So my question is, has anyone dealt with a situation like this, with the 3rd gen iPad? Whether it be through Apple, Navy Exchange, or any of the other plans that cover cracked screens. If so, did they replace just the screen, or replace the entire iPad? Is it more likely that they will give me a new one, or just replace the screen? It is badly cracked, completely shattered in some areas. And even before the drop, I could see a lot of light bleeding in when the screen was black, more than other iPads I compared it to. I have heard it is more difficult to replace just the screen on the 3rd gen iPad, don't know how true this is.

I am asking this because if they do replace just the screen (assuming they don't do a factory restore), I won't update to iOS 6 in order to save my jailbreak. But if they do give me a new one, I am assuming it will already be loaded with iOS 6...right? In which case, I will update to 6 now, as I would really like to test drive the new iOS!

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my horribly disfigured iPad.
    El Zurdo

Thanks
    Thanked 8,052 Times in 1,693 Posts

I dropped mine too and took it to Apple, paid my $49 deductible and walked out with a new one. It won't have iOS 6 on it. I have had warranty issues numerous times and they have never given me a replacement with a current iOS.

Banned
    Thanks

What's great about this feature is being able to simply sit back and let the phone do everything for you. Back in the Google Maps days, you had to be constantly looking at the Google Maps image, distinguishing road names for yourself and spending more time looking at the screen instead of the road. It is certainly a much-needed feature for iOS, being requested for so long. Unfortunately it took a while to get here, but it's finally here and it's great!
    This is a joke on the iPhone 4 as it doesn't speak and you DO have to look at the screen. And Google Maps had StreetView and 3D buildings which this new Maps doesn't have.
    So the new maps on the iPhone 4 is a huge step backwards.

Thanks

Don't know why iOS 6 is getting so many negative comments, I find Siri more useable now on my 4s and apple maps works well in the uk! Although the fly over function is limited but like google maps I think it will get there. And for google street view I' m sure google will make an app for the people that clearly miss it, but have a feeling it won't be free!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Glocknine View Post
    New map app sucks US only
    Turn by turn navi US only
    Siri is still dumb or dumber if your not from US
    Works for me in Canada

New map app is 100x better. You fanboys are so happy with google then go buy an android.
    Last edited by Simon; 09-20-2012 at 06:44 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do all those features work for the iphone4 too? or are there some things only 4s and 5 can handle?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by energiesource View Post
    Works for me in Canada

New map app is 100x better. You fanboys are so happy with google then go buy an android.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by georgeD View Post
    do all those features work for the iphone4 too? or are there some things only 4s and 5 can handle?
    Most are only iPhone 4S and up! Apple still seem to be a bit **** that way!