Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6 Released - Full Review

The aesthetics have been improved, but there is still allot of work apple needs doing before their OS can be called 'pretty'. In any case they are doing a damn sight better than android in the design area. I have to say despite how much i don't like it, windows phone 7 has quite a good look!

Looking forward to saving up for an iPhone 4 one day!

So what exactly does this mean for out of the USA users as far as maps go? We get nothing...We get the old Google system? Please explain.

Yes rip my jugular out for what I'm going to say. I waited months for the iPhone 5 stats to be revealed. I paid no attention to the rumor mill and waited still with anticipation. Well....... I believe like many others [maybe not here] were sadly disappointed. So it's got a slightly bigger screen, a faster processor/chip and it's 4G ready. Big deal.

So I went and got the HTC One X last Friday I was very intrigued with when I was at AT&T 2 months ago. I love it. I love it more than my prior iPhone. Enough said. No take-backs.

Now I'm reading here about iOS 6 and I keep scrolling and scrolling just wondering if there were innovate, useful and cool new things the OS was going to feature. Seeing if I made a true mistake by getting an Android phone. Well....... let down again. I see nothing in iOS 6 that even remotely interests me. I will keep my trusty iPad 2 jail broken and on IOS 5.1.1 and enjoy my iPod Touch Nano.

I just didn't want to jail break another iPhone again to get features that Android has had for some time and with more always coming out.

Apple still makes a great line of devices and I never denied they didn't. For others not interested in this new iPhone, give Android a try. You can return it if you don't like it.

Let the rip fest begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    +1 passbook and newsstand should be app store apps!
    Fully agree I tried newsstand and was less than impressed should be like iBooks and install if u want it and dump it if not!

Quote Originally Posted by SepticTank View Post
    Yes rip my jugular out for what I'm going to say. I waited months for the iPhone 5 stats to be revealed. I paid no attention to the rumor mill and waited still with anticipation. Well....... I believe like many others [maybe not here] were sadly disappointed. So it's got a slightly bigger screen, a faster processor/chip and it's 4G ready. Big deal.

So I went and got the HTC One X last Friday I was very intrigued with when I was at AT&T 2 months ago. I love it. I love it more than my prior iPhone. Enough said. No take-backs.

Now I'm reading here about iOS 6 and I keep scrolling and scrolling just wondering if there were innovate, useful and cool new things the OS was going to feature. Seeing if I made a true mistake by getting an Android phone. Well....... let down again. I see nothing in iOS 6 that even remotely interests me. I will keep my trusty iPad 2 jail broken and on IOS 5.1.1 and enjoy my iPod Touch Nano.

I just didn't want to jail break another iPhone again to get features that Android has had for some time and with more always coming out.

Apple still makes a great line of devices and I never denied they didn't. For others not interested in this new iPhone, give Android a try. You can return it if you don't like it.

Let the rip fest begin.
    Had 5 andriod based phones and all are rubbish the phones are cheap and the software never likely to be updated as you have to wait till the phone maker and network can be arsed!
    Last edited by scroogelives; 09-19-2012 at 05:49 PM.

we now have panoramic pictures but can we use them as wallpaper? if not, what a waste...

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    Fully agree I tried newsstand and was less than impressed should be like iBooks and install if u want it and dump it if not!

Had 5 andriod based phones and all are rubbish the phones are cheap and the software never likely to be updated as you have to wait till the phone maker and network can be arsed!
    You are welcome to your opinion.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Are any of the updates in 6 worth losing my JB for my iphone 4 since some seem to be for the 4s and higher?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,882 Times in 1,247 Posts

Haven't read through the posts nor do I want to!!!

I, personally, think the update is going to be awesome! I was asked by my company not to update till their apps are compatible but I'm going to update my wife's 4S when I get home on Friday.

It looks like Apple added some cool features that our jailbreaks have allowed in the past, so she'll be content w/ that (except she'll miss Password Locking certain apps).

BTW, I prolly won't update, regardless; 'll miss my tweaks. My wife wants a simple phone...I still need my powerhouse!!!

Forget you haters...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone know why my iOS6 doesn't have Panorama? I was on Dev, but I let my devlic run up about two weeks ago.. anyway i can update? Says I'm on the newest firmware..

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone having any problems with the mms & FaceTime & iMessage activation?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,882 Times in 1,247 Posts

You are welcome to your opinion.
    Kudos to you, man! Try something new! If u like it - you like it; if you don't - you don't! At least you know the iPhone and jailbreaking but you're ready for something else. Cant foul you for that! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by digitalreflex View Post
    Are any of the updates in 6 worth losing my JB for my iphone 4 since some seem to be for the 4s and higher?
    Prolly not...pending on what tweaks u have.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmccool View Post
    I should know this by now but how long will apple be signing 5.1.1 for? I have a 4s on 5.1.1 that's about to be factory unlocked from ebay and I know one of the steps is to restore the phone. I'd much rather keep my jailbroken 5.1.1 than miss the window and be forced on to ios 6 (even though I'll be unlocked)

Anyone have a guess?
    U don't have to Restore

-Add this source: repo.bingner.com
    -Install: SAM
    -Open SAM and click Utilities
    -Click De-Activate iPhone...
    -Plug your phone into iTunes to verify your phone is unlocked

That's it!!!
    Last edited by thazsar; 09-19-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic636 View Post
    A5, A5x and A6 chip devices will not be able to be downgraded once the update is done. Apple already stopped signing 5.1.1. Newest redsnow may allow you to, but it's not out yet.
    Well, the phone was running iOS 6 last night but I downgraded it at around 1am. Hopefully your wrong! Otherwise I'll have to try to get my unlock somehow without restoring.

Ugh, this stuff never goes smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    NOBODY cares about Passbook.
    Uh, speak for yourself buddy. Between flying (Delta Sky Miles and Boarding Passes) and going to the movies (Fandango), I'm going to be using the hell out of Passbook.

Also, Pet Smart and Walgreens already work and it's totally awesome not having to carry those stupid reward cards.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 09-19-2012 at 07:44 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple clearly went all out on this one.. NOT Effing Craap. We pay enough for the iPhone in Canada plus are ridiclious tax now I come to find out yet again, we've been left in the dark. Way to make that clear when introducing it to the world arseholes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Uh, speak for yourself buddy. Between flying (Delta Sky Miles and Boarding Passes) and going to the movies (Fandango), I'm going to be using the hell out of Passbook.

Also, Pet Smart and Walgreens already work and it's totally awesome not having to carry those stupid reward cards.
    Word. :P I agree with you buddy.

Let the rip fest begin.
    Why would any one rip you? You like your phone and that's awesome for you. No need to come blog about it on MMi but enjoy your new phone and move on with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by samhfoley View Post
    So what exactly does this mean for out of the USA users as far as maps go? We get nothing...We get the old Google system? Please explain.
    Where you live isn't worth mapping is what I think they're trying to say.

Was there anything in this upgrade that was supposed to improve battery life cuz i think i see an improvement...or it may be that i never before had the option to see how much time i used my ipod touch 4g since my last charge

Quote Originally Posted by Retrolock View Post
    Is it me or my iphone 4s feels a bit smoother with iOS 6? Even i think the open/close animation of apps is a bit different.

I can live without jb so im good with the update
    I agree. My 4S does seem a bit snappier than before.

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Why would any one rip you? You like your phone and that's awesome for you. No need to come blog about it on MMi but enjoy your new phone and move on with your life.
    You're exactly who I'm talking about. You just can't stand the fact someone came on here (been a member here for almost 2 years, not like I'm a lurker) with an Android phone and you have to be a jerk by being cynical. Others have been nice, even pm'd about how I like the phone.

Go back and read my post. My intentions were clear. I'm not impressed with the new iPhone or iOS 6. I sought out new options since my contract was up months ago. I still have my other iDevices too.

I only take issue with comments like yours. Blah blah blah
    Last edited by SepticTank; 09-19-2012 at 09:16 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember when we had to pay for iPhone updates. Glad their free now.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast