+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 133

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS 6 Released - Full Review

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by bstunt10190 The Waze app is much better than both, check it out. +1
...
  1. #41
    What's Jailbreak? sepelcure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bstunt10190 View Post
    The Waze app is much better than both, check it out.
    +1

  2. #42
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    I should know this by now but how long will apple be signing 5.1.1 for? I have a 4s on 5.1.1 that's about to be factory unlocked from ebay and I know one of the steps is to restore the phone. I'd much rather keep my jailbroken 5.1.1 than miss the window and be forced on to ios 6 (even though I'll be unlocked)

    Anyone have a guess?

  3. #43
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Won't be upgrading my 4S. Just a useless cosmetic upgrade and the few features it adds are already available to me via jailbreak. Sigh oh well

  4. #44
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,503
    Thanks
    6,795
    Thanked 15,203 Times in 6,978 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by captainmccool View Post
    I should know this by now but how long will apple be signing 5.1.1 for? I have a 4s on 5.1.1 that's about to be factory unlocked from ebay and I know one of the steps is to restore the phone. I'd much rather keep my jailbroken 5.1.1 than miss the window and be forced on to ios 6 (even though I'll be unlocked)

    Anyone have a guess?
    Normally a day or so after a new firmware release they stop signing it. Normally.

  5. #45
    What's Jailbreak? XideviceX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    DON'T UPGRADE !!! This upgrade disappointed me I been an apple fan since the first ever iPhone 2g and since the I always loved there new updates this update is pointless ..the only difference I saw was a new map new clock and re-designed App Store/iTunes what kind of noticeable upgrade is that was looking forward to the iPhone 5 this update made me change my mind ..Galaxy s 3 here I come

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to XideviceX For This Useful Post:

    cpotoso (09-19-2012)

  7. #46
    Livin the iPhone Life xboxbml's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    US-MI
    Posts
    1,277
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 64 Times in 61 Posts

    I'm liking this so far...many many more settings option changes...maps is better I think than old one..so far.

  8. #47
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    393
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by XideviceX View Post
    DON'T UPGRADE !!! This upgrade disappointed me I been an apple fan since the first ever iPhone 2g and since the I always loved there new updates this update is pointless ..the only difference I saw was a new map new clock and re-designed App Store/iTunes what kind of noticeable upgrade is that was looking forward to the iPhone 5 this update made me change my mind ..Galaxy s 3 here I come
    See ya, you won't be missed.

  9. #48
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Walnut, CA
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davy4475 View Post
    What is in this for iPhone 4 users?
    I just put it on my iPhone 4...

    Facebook isn't integrated for nor does it have Siri!! ********!

  10. #49
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    393
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tha1youshouldfear View Post
    I just put it on my iPhone 4...

    Facebook isn't integrated for nor does it have Siri!! ********!
    Apple never said Siri is coming to iPhone 4. They said it will only be included with iPad 3, iPhone 5, 5th Gen iPod Touch, and iPhone 4S.

  11. #50
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    622
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 76 Times in 73 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tha1youshouldfear View Post
    I just put it on my iPhone 4...

    Facebook isn't integrated for nor does it have Siri!! ********!
    Facebook's integrated. You still have to install the app first, sign in via Settings, and enable the share widget in Notifications to post from NC. Integration is there.

    Siri: well, we knew that wouldn't happen from the get go. You'll just have to wait for an unofficial trick for that.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

  12. #51
    Livin the iPhone Life xboxbml's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    US-MI
    Posts
    1,277
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 64 Times in 61 Posts

    I can't see at this point why anyone should not update...unless u absolutely need an untethered JB...

  13. #52
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Is it me or my iphone 4s feels a bit smoother with iOS 6? Even i think the open/close animation of apps is a bit different.

    I can live without jb so im good with the update
    iphone 5 16gb iOS 6.1 beta 4

  14. #53
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Luiscastro23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    246
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 123 Times in 76 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tha1youshouldfear View Post
    I just put it on my iPhone 4...

    Facebook isn't integrated for nor does it have Siri!! ********!
    Lmfaoooop at you oh lawd this was hilarious

  15. #54
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by captainmccool View Post
    I should know this by now but how long will apple be signing 5.1.1 for? I have a 4s on 5.1.1 that's about to be factory unlocked from ebay and I know one of the steps is to restore the phone. I'd much rather keep my jailbroken 5.1.1 than miss the window and be forced on to ios 6 (even though I'll be unlocked)

    Anyone have a guess?
    A5, A5x and A6 chip devices will not be able to be downgraded once the update is done. Apple already stopped signing 5.1.1. Newest redsnow may allow you to, but it's not out yet.
    ►o·pen/ˈōpən/
    Accessible to all.
    Allowing access; not locked up.
    Having no means of closing or barring.
    Free from limitations, boundaries, or restrictions.

  16. #55
    What's Jailbreak? madrockz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Waiting for Jailbreak

  17. #56
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    245
    Thanks
    236
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts

    IOS 6 = boring. Nothing really interesting there, especially to justify moving away from my beloved JB ipad2. No Siri (WTF?!), new maps s*ck, other upgrades are really minor. Is that all you can make in a year apple? Too much effort in lawsuits rather than developing interesting software. In the meantime, android has a much more modern interface with true multitasking and much more interesting information available on the screen at all times rather than that stupid 4x4 grid of icons.

  18. #57
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    IOS 6 = boring. Nothing really interesting there, especially to justify moving away from my beloved JB ipad2. No Siri (WTF?!), new maps s*ck, other upgrades are really minor. Is that all you can make in a year apple? Too much effort in lawsuits rather than developing interesting software. In the meantime, android has a much more modern interface with true multitasking and much more interesting information available on the screen at all times rather than that stupid 4x4 grid of icons.
    You should sell your ipad 2 and buy an android tablet. I wouldnt want to support a company that disappoints me by using their products. Thats just wrong..
    iphone 5 16gb iOS 6.1 beta 4

  19. #58
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Walnut, CA
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    Facebook's integrated. You still have to install the app first, sign in via Settings, and enable the share widget in Notifications to post from NC. Integration is there.

    Siri: well, we knew that wouldn't happen from the get go. You'll just have to wait for an unofficial trick for that.
    I know they never said that but I'm still mad it isn't there.

  20. #59
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    245
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    NOBODY cares about Passbook.
    +1 passbook and newsstand should be app store apps!

  21. #60
    Livin the i raduga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,631
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 94 Times in 85 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic636 View Post
    A5, A5x and A6 chip devices will not be able to be downgraded once the update is done. Apple already stopped signing 5.1.1. Newest redsnow may allow you to, but it's not out yet.
    Really?
    Which platforms have they stopped signing for?

    iPod4G 5.1.1 is still being signed.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts