+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Shipment Dates Slip Once Again to 3-4 Weeks

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Just checked online. My order shows as shipped, but no info regarding delivery date. Up until now, it was showing as processing. I placed my order on 9/14/12 at 12:48AM
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Just checked online. My order shows as shipped, but no info regarding delivery date. Up until now, it was showing as processing.
    I placed my order on 9/14/12 at 12:48AM PST and had received confirmation. My banking acct has not been charged yet. I've called AT&T several times about the order and they don't have a clue...plus they issue the company blab that says I should expect to wait 2 to 3 weeks before getting it.

I don't actually know why I am so apprehensive, since I will be taking a step backwards by getting an iphone 5 with IOS 6, no google maps, can't jailbreak, etc...(I say this because I have a jailbroken iphone 4 factory unlocked).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Just checked online. My order shows as shipped, but no info regarding delivery date. Up until now, it was showing as processing.
    I placed my order on 9/14/12 at 12:48AM PST and had received confirmation. My banking acct has not been charged yet. I've called AT&T several times about the order and they don't have a clue...plus they issue the company blab that says I should expect to wait 2 to 3 weeks before getting it.

I don't actually know why I am so apprehensive, since I will be taking a step backwards by getting an iphone 5 with IOS 6, no google maps, can't jailbreak, etc...(I say this because I have a jailbroken iphone 4 factory unlocked).
    Some employees don't know ****. I called yesterday and some chick said she had no info. Called today and the rep gave me a lot of info. Told me is shipping tomorrow with over night shipping. Said I would get it because I placed my order for the first wave. He said 9 cut off but not sure if am or pm, or its ET or PT. just keep checking. AT&T takes a while to update stuff.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Damn it UPS sucks in my area! I was hoping they use FedEx.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Damn it UPS sucks in my area! I was hoping they use FedEx.
    I Thought they were using FedEx as the main shipping carrier.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I finally got ups track by reference to work , I've only been trying for about12 hrs . One thing I know about myself I's I'm very persistent . N the way I did it was in track by reference option, my phone# (no 1 before areaCode) that's on the order in the refrence box , picked United States for country, n zip code n that's it leave ship acct empty I repeat empty n wallla.,!,!HAYB,!(HOLLAR at Your Boy)
    Last edited by Youngblood 78; 09-19-2012 at 06:38 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Called Apple and they will be using FedEx and UPS. Tried the reference route thru UPS by using my primary phone as reference and it showed shipping label created but not shipped. Other odd thing is it shows 2 packages (I only ordered one iPhone). I was charged yesterday on my acct only one. Still says 9/21 delivery date. Guess I'll find out in couple days. Oh well

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

my phone is shipping to my job by ups, delivery time & date is 10:30am on the 21st!

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T just updated for me this morning. tracking number with fedex gonna be here by 3pm tomorrow

Green Apple
    Thanks

my delivery date says today

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Got the AT&T email with a UPS tracking number and shipment confirmation for tomorrow. Very excited -- didn't do the preorder online until around 9 a.m. last week and figured I'd be looking at a couple of weeks delay.

Thanks

woo woo just got my email from best buy that my pre-order will be ready for pick up tomorrow!! i cannot wait!!
    [CENTER][FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR="#ff3399"]
    Devices
    White iPhone 5S 16 gb on 7.04; Aluminum MacBook Air on 10.8.2; White the New iPad 32 gb on 7.0.4 Jailbroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Got my shipping e-mail from Verizon this morning. My phone will be here tommorow morning.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Just got my email from apple that it has been shipped.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pasmaczek View Post
    woo woo just got my email from best buy that my pre-order will be ready for pick up tomorrow!! i cannot wait!!
    just got a call from the best buy and they set me up an activation appointment for 9 am to make the process easier and more organzied... love it
    [CENTER][FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR="#ff3399"]
    Devices
    White iPhone 5S 16 gb on 7.04; Aluminum MacBook Air on 10.8.2; White the New iPad 32 gb on 7.0.4 Jailbroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Read that the shipping is going on time but the status when checked online is not updated. The volume of orders has astonished apple and looks they are facing problems updating it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So no one else has expected delivery date for the 20th? I dont know if i believe it then.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Mine is shipping via UPS, and still shows Louisville, KY. It has been there since Tuesday, which kinda worries me. Should be closer to me by now. Also it just says "Friday, 09/21/2012, By End of Day." Wish it was a little more specific, gunna be sitting around all day bitting my nails lol. Anybody else's showing the same?

Thanks

Apple lies! 2-3 weeks my a**. Got an email from at&t stating all 3 of my phones will be here tomorrow.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Who is going to have to stand in line tomorrow morning. If there are any lines. I got picked to do it so I might head over at 6am they don't open til 8.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Who is going to have to stand in line tomorrow morning. If there are any lines. I got picked to do it so I might head over at 6am they don't open til 8.
    Why didnt you just preorder it?