+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First iPhone 5 Unboxing Photos Surface

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by SAVAGE5 So if I go to a low end AT&T provider I can get an iPhone 5 on release day without the long line? Often yes -
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 4,527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE5 View Post
    So if I go to a low end AT&T provider I can get an iPhone 5 on release day without the long line?
    Often yes - from my experience. After I got my 4S at a Mall Apple Store in the Philly Area - about 9:30am on launch day I went to a Free Standing AT&T Store. No lines.

The Best Buys also almost never have lines and have plenty of product on opening day.

The pictures they show on the news of 'opening day' of a new iPhone - with lines around the block are always in the center of New York City at the busiest Apple Store in the country - or downtown LA.. In most of the places, even big cities like Denver and Phoenix - the lines are just not that big.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    You mean the 30 pin to lightning adapter? That price is correct although overpriced I think. I just ordered another lightning cable instead since its $20. I'm sure there will be plenty of cheaper aftermarket adapters coming out soon.
    I am sure there will be, but considering the adapter has a DAC to produce analog audio, I think I prefer the Apple version. Though an audiophile version would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Often yes - from my experience. After I got my 4S at a Mall Apple Store in the Philly Area - about 9:30am on launch day I went to a Free Standing AT&T Store. No lines.

The Best Buys also almost never have lines and have plenty of product on opening day.

The pictures they show on the news of 'opening day' of a new iPhone - with lines around the block are always in the center of New York City at the busiest Apple Store in the country - or downtown LA.. In most of the places, even big cities like Denver and Phoenix - the lines are just not that big.
    I'm in a relatively small town and I used to just drop by around 7pm after work to the AT&T store and pick one up, but they have started getting lines and crowds and selling out, so I pre-ordered.
    Last edited by NetMage; 09-19-2012 at 10:39 PM.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post

Well I live in New York, but not in the city & For the last 4 years I waited at least 3 hours @ the apple store. One year I waited 2 hours @ the AT&T store and got no phone! I always get there an hour or two before opening.

Anyway, since my phone is shipping to my job by ups, delivery time & date is 10:30am on the 21st!

iPhone? More like MyPhone SAVAGE5's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I'm going to try my luck at a couple local At&T stores lol hopefully I luck up. There is just so many people around me I don't see avoiding a line.
    i5-

Long time reader. I don't care if you have 1 million post.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    I am sure there will be, but considering the adapter has a DAC to produce analog audio, I think I prefer the Apple version. Though an audiophile version would be interesting.

I'm in a relatively small town and I used to just drop by around 7pm after work to the AT&T store and pick one up, but they have started getting lines and crowds and selling out, so I pre-ordered.
    Yes. Apple Stores, on day 1, late in the day after work are chanc-ey. I always set aside a half day of my vacation time each year for launch day. So I always get mine early on launch day.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hogs4Life View Post
    I wish you all could lucky and happy times.

This will be my final post on this website, I do not care for the direction Apple has taken with the iPhone, and I can't help but laugh with Android/Windows guys at this phone. It just isn't very good anymore, and isn't even a Top 3 phone on the market.

I'm not a big enough fanboi to say it's actually a top level phone, when it's simply not.

My 5 year run has ended. Lumia 920, you're all mine baby.

Take care.
    Drama Queen. Geez.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SAVAGE5's Avatar
    Thanks

So I tried my luck at a low end AT&T dealer this morning and they had no 16gb and only 8 phones. So I went to Walmart and was second to get mine. So thanks for the tips on going to a lower end store. Got mine on release day before work and pretty pumped. Only downfall is the damn screen is messed up at the top.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE5 View Post
    So I tried my luck at a low end AT&T dealer this morning and they had no 16gb and only 8 phones. So I went to Walmart and was second to get mine. So thanks for the tips on going to a lower end store. Got mine on release day before work and pretty pumped. Only downfall is the damn screen is messed up at the top.
    Yeah. There are so many outlets for iPhone now. I forgot Walmart was selling them too. LOL!! There's no need to stand in line on Day 1. You just have to be creative. If you live in downtown LA it might be a different story and I can see that person 'pre-ordering'. But there's just so much that can go wrong with shipping that I could never trust the pre-order process. I have to go to a place and buy it on the spot. That's the only way I will know for 100% certain that I'll have mine on Day 1.

Alas, this is the first time since iPhone 2G that I have NOT gotten a new phone on Day 1. No LTE for AT&T yet and not liking the 'goofy' taller look just has kept me away this time. The 'only' reason for upgrading is A6 and LTE. I never use FaceTime - couldn't care less. Other stuff I can get on my 4S by just upgrading to iOS 6 once it's out of 'buggy' mode - which it's DEEP in at this time.

And then to top it off - no untethered jailbreak until likely Christmas-time -- I'm just happy staying put this time until, maybe Christmas. I'll have to upgrade -because all the themes stuff will be upgraded for that 'goofy' lookin' tall screen.. And maybe by Christmas my city will be LTE.. So we'll see.. I'm glad so many of you are happy. Many of us will get the new one - every year - no matter what. That was me until this time. Just so 'underwhelmed' by this design. But I'm not jumpin' ship to Android any time soon. LOL!!!!!!

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234