+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First iPhone 5 Unboxing Photos Surface

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Wait now I'm confused...Is the rear all glass or just the top and bottom are glass? From the camera reflection it looks like there's glass over the middle aluminum part.
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Wait now I'm confused...Is the rear all glass or just the top and bottom are glass?
    From the camera reflection it looks like there's glass over the middle aluminum part.

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    Wow it got banned so fast...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPodTouch149 View Post
    Is the iPod Touch 5G coming with a wall charger?
    I'm pretty sure Apple's site doesn't include that in the list of included accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Always does always will
    It has always only come with the cord for plugging it into a USB port.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    This phone is going to suck. No one realizes it now but once it's out for a little they will. Trust me. I thought it was cool that droid had different size screens but it sucked because the apps only worked with certain screen sizes and that's exactly how it'll be for iPhones soon. Just you iPhone 5 users watch and be "amazed" when apps look terrible on it this Friday.
    It won't be so bad...it would just be like an iphone app on ipad and iphone 5 is not so much bigger than iphone 4/4S, so there you go

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Why not order the phone on the online store?? It took me 10min to order in bed @ 3:00am est time, and FedEx will bring it to me on the 21st. After 4 years, I'm DONE waiting hours on a retail line, don't know what I was thinking!!!
    Well I can tell you from personal experience why this would not work for me... I actually work for a living and will not call in sick to receive a phone from FedEx.
    Instead, I will be going to a low volume AT&T retail location and wait for 30 minutes to get mine. Oh and BTW, I will get mine before you on my way to work and didn't have to stay up until 3am to order it and make sure I'm home all day to receive the package.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    You mean the 30 pin to lightning adapter? That price is correct although overpriced I think. I just ordered another lightning cable instead since its $20. I'm sure there will be plenty of cheaper aftermarket adapters coming out soon.
    Right.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't put my finger on it but there is just something I don't like about the back of the phone. I prefer the black glass =\

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    I can't put my finger on it but there is just something I don't like about the back of the phone. I prefer the black glass =\
    I don't like that either. The iP4/4S definitely looks sleeker to me in terms of the back housing. Maybe it'll grow on me later.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,694 Times in 5,954 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    Now that's funny.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    This phone is going to suck. No one realizes it now but once it's out for a little they will. Trust me. I thought it was cool that droid had different size screens but it sucked because the apps only worked with certain screen sizes and that's exactly how it'll be for iPhones soon. Just you iPhone 5 users watch and be "amazed" when apps look terrible on it this Friday.
    Unless you have some inside information and can convince me of that I'll disagree with you. Apps designed to run on the 4" screen will simply have a small black bar above & below them. It will be no different than watching a 4x3 SD program on an HDTV. The picture is the same as it would be on an SD TV, but you just have the black bars on left & right.

Plus, as has already been mentioned, the new screen size will be the standard and developers will adjust to it. Unlike droid phones, Apple is not simultaneously producing multiple models with multiple screen sizes.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,694 Times in 5,954 Posts

Think white fellow desert person.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I hope the back will look better in person because it look hideous in the picture.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i know right. the black glass looked slick.
    two tone. meh the iphone. the first phone meh.
    well id kill to get mine this early.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Wait now I'm confused...Is the rear all glass or just the top and bottom are glass?
    From the camera reflection it looks like there's glass over the middle aluminum part.

It's the protective plastic that comes with the new phones. The center part of the back is not glass like at all.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jdot1224 View Post
    It's the protective plastic that comes with the new phones. The center part of the back is not glass like at all.
    Yeah I was thinking that too, good thing it's not all glass.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

ewww, S3 here i come!!!
    Last edited by mindblown; 09-18-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Thanks

I remember being at my office when everyone's iPhone 4 was delivered (We were all Apple fans), and some got there's the day before the ACTUAL release date and flaunted them to the rest of us who quietly plotted their death. While I doubt mine will show up on Thursday, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Here's to hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post

The top and bottom are glass as each houses an antenna. I've seen it noted many times that the double finish was intentional because an all metal housing would disrupt the RF transmitters. I'm unsure how much validity there is to the statement but it sounded as good to me as any other. The schematic that was released some time back (Which is my background on my Macbook Air) also notes that it needs to be left unobstructed.

I didn't even know there was an ad to ban. Weird.
    Last edited by Fender; 09-18-2012 at 11:54 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I'm pretty sure Apple's site doesn't include that in the list of included accessories.

It has always only come with the cord for plugging it into a USB port.
    Out of the 4 generations of iPhone iv owned In the UK they've ALL shipped with a wall charger ie that pronged bit the USB inserts into. If you look at the picture of the unboxing you can clearly see the two pronged US wall charger

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,696 Posts

I think it's funny you can already buy the back cover for an iPhone 4 with the same looking metal back.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kyphur's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Plus, as has already been mentioned, the new screen size will be the standard and developers will adjust to it. Unlike droid phones, Apple is not simultaneously producing multiple models with multiple screen sizes.
    O rly?!?!

I could swear the iPhone 4/s & iPod Touch share a screen size while the iPhone 5 is a different size, that makes multiple models with multiple screen sizes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

umm he said "simultaneously"...