Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iMessage Experiencing Outages

Thanks

Default Apple's iMessage Experiencing Outages

Apple’s popular instant messaging service, iMessage, is supposedly experiencing outages across the globe as users are reporting problems sending and receiving messages. Despite displaying an “all clear” status on its iCloud website, iMessage users from all around the world are complaining of sporadic service outages, according to reports from Apple’s online Support Communities recently.

The exact issue is currently unknown but it appears to be originating at Apple’s servers as some users claim wireless provider-based SMS text messages seem to be going through without any issues. There aren’t any effective workarounds that have been found so far and furthermore, Apple has yet to comment on the matter.

Originally introduced with iOS 5, the BlackBerry Messenger-like iMessage service has become Apple’s smartphone-integrated answer to online messaging services such as AOL Instant Messenger and Google Chat. The service is data based and allows Wi-Fi connected iOS device users to communicate without racking up text fees. With OS X Mountain Lion, Apple expanded iMessage to Macs and the operating system’s upcoming 10.8.2 update will bring extended functionality such as phone number support.

The iMessage issues that are currently afloat come shortly after an iCloud email outage last week which affected 1.1% of the service’s user base. Apple seems to be quite busy with the launch of the iPhone 5 and the new iPod Nano and iPod Touch models as well but hopefully the Cupertino California company can keep everything running smoothly.
    Did any of you experience any issues with iMessage?

Source: Apple (Support Forums)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

No issues here. Just texted few people just to be sure after I read this and all messages delivered without any problems.

No problems here. I think people are just overreacting.

Mine hasn't been working all day

Quote Originally Posted by ssjbrolly View Post
    No issues here. Just texted few people just to be sure after I read this and all messages delivered without any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    No problems here. I think people are just overreacting.

Thats because it was mainly yesterday. It was trending on twitter with the amount of people complaining. I guess they dont like green bubbles.

Yeah mine has been all day as well and a little yesterday

so that's why my text to my wife yesterday wasn't delivered and this morning it had to be sent as a SMS instead of iMessage.

mine hasnt worked for about two weeks now

Seems to be working fine in oklahoma

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    iMessage is iAwful. I have it turned off so that my text messages will actually be sent and received. #WorstAppleIdeaEVER
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Thanks
    No issues here .. Been sending iMessage all-day
    JomEr

I've already had problems since 25.12.11. Get with the program. Hipster swag. Jk. I hate both hipsters and the term swag. Lol. But I have had problems with it since that day on my Verizon 4s

ever since i jailbroke my iphone 3S, i cant send imessage messages. after a while i lose the
    Messages tab in settings from jailbreaking. Even tried restoring couple times....still disappears and no imessages.
    been a month or so.

I notices over the last 48 hours that iMessage has used SMS more than it ever has. I usually think nothing of it but I noted it did seem it a bit off over the last two days.

Thanks

I was shaving ttrouble and turned it off for a few hours and turned it back on. Seems to be fine now

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I've been having some trouble not receiving some iMessages from people now and then for the past week. It isn't affecting me too extensively though. It is kind of irritating when someone says "I messaged you about this" and I have no idea what they're talking about... But it's only happened like twice so no biggie as long as it gets fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsancheezz View Post
    ever since i jailbroke my iphone 3S, i cant send imessage messages. after a while i lose the
    Messages tab in settings from jailbreaking. Even tried restoring couple times....still disappears and no imessages.
    been a month or so.
    Sounds like a problem with hacktivation. If you officially activated the phone with the carrier SIM the phone is locked to, it shouldn't be a problem. If not, well start a new thread and I'm sure the MMi community can help you resolve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by spoofdogg View Post
    iMessage is iAwful. I have it turned off so that my text messages will actually be sent and received. #WorstAppleIdeaEVER
    i think it's a great idea. i am not a big texter, and being able to send a text message to the wife or kid without having to pay extra each month for a texting plan is a great thing.

most of my imessages get delivered. every now and again, the blue bubble will not show as delivered, and i'll just resend it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ekim60 View Post
    i think it's a great idea. i am not a big texter, and being able to send a text message to the wife or kid without having to pay extra each month for a texting plan is a great thing.

most of my imessages get delivered. every now and again, the blue bubble will not show as delivered, and i'll just resend it.
    +1. Many of my family and friends have iPhones, although I use TextFree (which I hate but I don't really text enough to subscribe to a text package). It's great for me and the people I talk most to and those just so happen to be people with iPhones!

I haven't been able to send a single video or picture message. Neither can my girlfriend with her 4, or my other friend with his 4. We're all on 5.1.1.

Thanks

Like you all haven't been able to, ever?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast