Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Appstore UI First Real Pics

ok full signal :P
    that better? hahaha.. i just happen to be in a bad spot when i did those captures.

formerly known as arturpokusin playful_cyanide's Avatar
    Thanks

wait. so it's still running? you can reopen it and it still opens to this page? wow. that's awesome. can anyone else that has 1.2 do that?
    Don't forget to hit
    Get your custom MMi Signature's here!

Join the MMi \/\/AVE experience

yea but if you press it , it transitions to a page and then says cannot connect to store.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to drunknbass For This Useful Post:

playful_cyanide (03-23-2008)

Thanks

aahh. thanks.
    Don't forget to hit

how can i get this 2.0?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    Have you been wondering what the appstore will look like? Drunkenbass of monsterandfriends.com (known for the first video recording on the iPhone) has been kind enough to share the first screenshots of the upcoming appstore with us here @ modmyi.com

He was just bored pressing buttons on his phone and suddenly instead of getting the normal "cannot connect" message that he had previously encountered, appstore launched revealing the appstore UI. Browsing around he found that the Genres and Top 50 categories contained a few apps.

As you can see from the pictures it seems that Apple is currently just doing some testing off appstore and its functionality. There are two current categories and within them are a couple of webapps? I would speculate that Apple is using webapps just to test the menus of appstore, along with a potential rating system for apps. There also appears to be a little area for the icon of the app to appear, letting you know what icon will appear on your phone's springboard once you install an app.
    Oh my god! I just checked at it's really there! I guess Apple saw this though and removed the webapps because both categories are empty now...THANKS A LOT CASH :P j/k

Thanks

they're not releasing it yet.
    Don't forget to hit

Quote Originally Posted by Numberzz View Post
    I call shenanigans!
    Why would the apps, that aren't even supposed to be released yet, have reviews and ratings. What happened to the timeout error that usually happens when you connect to the App Store.
    No I just checked, it's just a test, if you tap the app the page that appears is blank. This is real though.

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    yea but if you press it , it transitions to a page and then says cannot connect to store.
    Dude press featured, it has a different error message for some reason.
    Last edited by King Chronic; 03-23-2008 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

lol..
    i dont know if i should be scared
    or like happy for the upcoming future. of 1.2

Thanks

that's funny how apple just removed the apps. it's one of two reasons. either apple was done with whatever tests they were taking, or (more likely) they saw that people already had access to it and took it down because of that.
    Don't forget to hit

they didnt remove them, the apps were never there.. just these 2 pages were.. i dont know how youd download a webapp anyway

looks nice but id rather have free apps

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    they didnt remove them, the apps were never there.. just these 2 pages were.. i dont know how youd download a webapp anyway
    Ah.

It is kind of unrelated, but if you have IDA Pro, join me in looking for the URL that it checks for things in the AppStore. Then we just have to find the user agent that it uses, a la, how Installer.app uses 'AppTapp', then we can go in and try to replicate an AppStore repository. That would be the ultimate pwnage on Apple.

I really think it would be wise if the makers of installer were to mirror the appstore as much as possible. I love the idea of being able to see the icon. And the top 50 would be awsome as well. And search, then i wouldnt have to spend like 10 minutes scrolling and scrolling looking for one app.

Looks nice, cant wait for june!

That is wicked can't wait for it to come out . . . thanks for the screen shots dude . . .

Thanks

yeah. I can wait till June, but some of the apps are really nice
    Don't forget to hit

Thanks

Sweet!
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

looks cool, but its just installer that you're gonna have to pay for. Like itunes instead of limewire. Apple is just trying to catch up with all of the people who made their own installer and apps.
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me

The appstore is meant to be grey, yes. When Apple showed it on March the 6th, it was also shades of grey!. They might change it before release date though, but I don't mind the colours.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to scienceguy For This Useful Post:

reppin4you (03-23-2008)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast