+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Spotlight Concept Puts iOS' Current Spotlight to Shame

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple should be paying for this concept to put in IOS. How convenient would it really be as I search most of the time wether it be apps or web
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple should be paying for this concept to put in IOS. How convenient would it really be as I search most of the time wether it be apps or web in spotlight.

Green Apple
    Thanks

dope!

Thanks

damn now this is what tim cook should of added and presented on the keynotes, this would of "WOW'd" a lot of more of people because honestly i'm not WOW'd about any features of the iphone 5 only thing i love about the new iPhone 5 is the hardware. if tim cook wants to keep steve jobs legacy going he gots to patent or buy or get this thing on the next iphone. But this is kinda of a widget but all in one widget type of thing but i love this idea, hopefully apple or tim cook see's this and think about adding it to iOS 6.1.1!

Banned
    Thanks

One of the first Cydia apps I install on a restore of IOS is NOSPOT.
    If spotlight did this I would no longer install NOSPOT.

I'm guessing it'll take a few years for Apple to think about what the public want and incorporate it into their IOS so I guess this will come to IOS8 or IOS9.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

this is amazing but it wont happen any time soon. This spotlight probably requires a bit more juice than the current hardware can handle with a zippy McZippington (quickly). But I'd pay money for an Apple feature like this.

Why doesn't Apple sit down with its hard core community and brainstorm on new ideas for iOS? Its so simple!

tim

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

"Why spend the time opening App Store to download an application that you already know you want."
    Why ask a question without a question mark?
    Anyway, the reason is because it would need to load almost as many resources for all the data sources as the app itself would load and, thus, it would take every bit as long as launching the apps. Longer, even: Having everything from Netflix to App Store performing live searches as you type would be slow and hog resources and use excessive data.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kyphur's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Why doesn't Apple sit down with its hard core community and brainstorm on new ideas for iOS? Its so simple!
    because one of Apple's core business ideals is that they know better than you what you want & need on your iPhone...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    One of the first Cydia apps I install on a restore of IOS is NOSPOT.
    👆Word! I have from day one of jailbreaking disabled spotlight... I have uninstalled No Spot a few times to try out spotlight and see if maybe I might like it... But no... Still don't find it useful, just annoying... Might be for some and that's cool, just not my cup of tea...

Thanks
    Eh still seems a bit useless. I installed SpotLock and haven't looked back. maybe its just for people that don't get the point of an app, you know the things you go to for the content you're actually looking for. I'm betting it'd eat up a bunch of ram anyways

Thanks

I think that if spotlight was revamped to be incorporated with notification center it may be more my thing... Sorta like a NC add on I have that puts a search bar in the NC to search google, Wikipedia, you tube and a dictionary... Add a search to that add on to search phone stuff and that would be great...

Thanks

Really neat concept.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrhudson View Post
    dope!
    No, funky dope!

Oh, and why should any of the "Jailbreakus Appcreatus illuminatus" spend the endless hours of coding that would be required to pull this off when all that will happen (once the $4.99 price tag shows up) is that it will be hacked and available for free? Yea, I'm talking to all you snoot nosed punks downloading and posting endless hacked software reviews on youtube, frack-off you twisted lil Fux!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aries_green_monkey View Post
    Thats a great idea! But then again, its kind of light revamping the iPod Shuffle. No matter how you remake it, its still just an iPod Shuffle.

Who uses spotlight anyway?? =/
    I disabled it via springtomize.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kyphur's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    I disabled it via springtomize.
    But how stupid is it that we have to Jailbreak in order to disable spotlight and hide Newstand?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
    But how stupid is it that we have to Jailbreak in order to disable spotlight and hide Newstand?
    Very

Thanks

Alright then, I think the moral of the story is that 3 people would buy the next iPhone if they revamp their search engine... and 50 more will purchase it if we could just make the damn thing go away

In reality guys, when we look at a feature like spotlight, we are looking at nothing more than a tool people will utilize when they dont really know how to use their iPhones. If you want to play a song, go to iPod. If you are looking to text, we all know where the iMessage icon is at.

We are supposed to be the elite users, the ones who hack our phones, and shy away from ridiculous comments about "Apple listening to the people" or "Apple paying the guy who made this video". Personally, i take how Apple runs their business with a grain of salt. It is a prosperous company, there is no doubt about that, and no matter how much we complain, we all know that we are here because some time or another, they put out a superior product that attracted us here. If it takes them a little longer to stabalize the technology, or if they just want to milk the consumer population because they can, well then, that sounds like a strategic business move. If you want amazing features, buy an Android and move on to a forum all about how the damn phones freeze constantly and have bugs and force close all the apps etc.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Links don't work for YT MMi! You guys seem to not acknowledge all the complaints about bad YT links. Quit playing ignorant

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12