+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'DoNotDisturb 2' Seeks to Replace 'DoNotDisturb' for Hiding iOS Notifications

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
In the middle of May, ModMyi showed you a free jailbreak tweak for iOS 5 called DoNotDisturb by iOS developer Rudolf Lichtner that brought an iOS 6-like “Do Not Disturb”
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default 'DoNotDisturb 2' Seeks to Replace 'DoNotDisturb' for Hiding iOS Notifications

In the middle of May, ModMyi showed you a free jailbreak tweak for iOS 5 called DoNotDisturb by iOS developer Rudolf Lichtner that brought an iOS 6-like “Do Not Disturb” feature to iOS 5. The tweak would effectively suppress notifications from your device so you could sleep well at night or so that you could sit through a class without your phone going off and attracting all that unnecessary attention.

Today, Rudolf has released DoNotDisturb 2, a tweak that does ultimately the same thing, just in a different way. If you recall, DoNotDisturb added a widget to Notification Center that included a switch for toggling the feature. DoNotDisturb 2 uses a cell-tapping method instead of a switch to toggle the feature. As shown above, the new widget looks more Notification Center-friendly in that it’s cleverly disguised in a Notification Center cell. The tweak also hides the "No New Notifications" indicator.

Titled “Do Not Disturb,” The cell will tell you if the feature is enabled or disabled right from the cell and is easily toggled by simply tapping on the cell. Being that the DoNotDisturb 2 cell is basically a widget, you will be able to move its location around in Notification Center from the Notifications preferences pane in the Settings application as indicated below:

Having the Do Not Disturb functionality is extremely useful because you will never be in a good mood when you don’t want to deal with iOS notifications and your iPhone just keeps spilling them out. As soon as you disable the tweak, your notifications will appear once more. It’s a good way to disable notifications without completely turning off your iPhone’s Internet access.

In my opinion, DoNotDisturb 2 looks a lot better than the original DoNotDisturb. Check it out!

Name: DoNotDisturb2
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Rudolf Lichtner
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I would have to disagree. The original looks much better with a simple on/off switch. This one takes up too much room with redundant lines of text. On or off, that's all I need.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I am not going to get giddy over any more JB tweeks, on Weds I am pulling the trigger on my JB 4s, and giving ios 6 a whirl !

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,696 Posts

I smell a lawsuit lmao

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chriskaraokeman View Post
    I am not going to get giddy over any more JB tweeks, on Weds I am pulling the trigger on my JB 4s, and giving ios 6 a whirl !
    I'm sure it will be cool but I'll pray for you. I'll switch once I hear a jb on the way

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I'm sure it will be cool but I'll pray for you. I'll switch once I hear a jb on the way
    I agree with that. Lol

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Thanks

iOS6 isn't bad. There are still plenty of tweaks working right now & ive been on the GM version since it came out. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on the internet but Bigify+ is working on ios6..as well as Icon Control & Fake Clock Up.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

looks great!

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

Still not an SBSettings toggle -_-
    (I know most people don't like SBS but many tweaks support it, including SBProfiles, which could be used to simulate the iOS 6 Do Not Disturb on iOS 5.)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I agree with that too..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Should I still be hearing my Email alerts when this is enabled? My text alerts are silent, but Emails aren't.
    Last edited by lennie paz; 10-04-2012 at 02:45 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is this still around? i can't find it in modmyi's repo any more.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I really like this tweak much better that iOS do not disturb. Will you make a version for iOS 7?

Thanks