+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T: iPhone 5 Pre-orders Break the Record of Any iPhone in the Past

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Just want to get and idea about something. How many people here have vzw?
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Just want to get and idea about something. How many people here have vzw?

iPhone? More like MyPhone starkall's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    you're ******* ********.
    How so? I own a 27in iMac, MacBook pro, MacBook air, both of my kids have iPads. I'm by far a Mac lover due to their shear performance and quality design. But I use my phone most out of all. IMHO the i5 is just a huge marketing ploy to extort more money from us consumers. They could've easily released this phone last year. I was at least hoping for a whole new design but to me it's just to similar and not that much better for me to drop $800 on something I pretty much already have ( 4s) so call me a troll or whatever you want but until they actually impress me with another iPhone I won't buy one. I bet most ppl who ordered them don't even care and just bought it cause it's " the new iPhone ". Epic fail in my book. I'm sure it's a very cool phone but I'll spend my money on a better performer. I love haters btw

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone knew it would be the most sold... just think it's crazy that Apple was amazed at how many they sold :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes last night i was discussing the same point with my about iPhone 5 sales. It will give huge profit to Apple

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    How so? I own a 27in iMac, MacBook pro, MacBook air, both of my kids have iPads. I'm by far a Mac lover due to their shear performance and quality design. But I use my phone most out of all. IMHO the i5 is just a huge marketing ploy to extort more money from us consumers. They could've easily released this phone last year. I was at least hoping for a whole new design but to me it's just to similar and not that much better for me to drop $800 on something I pretty much already have ( 4s) so call me a troll or whatever you want but until they actually impress me with another iPhone I won't buy one. I bet most ppl who ordered them don't even care and just bought it cause it's " the new iPhone ". Epic fail in my book. I'm sure it's a very cool phone but I'll spend my money on a better performer. I love haters btw
    Um...isn't that the objective of EVERY SINGLE PROFITABLE BUSINESS in America? Show me one that doesn't try to get more money from consumers, and I'll show you a failing business.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Um...isn't that the objective of EVERY SINGLE PROFITABLE BUSINESS in America? Show me one that doesn't try to get more money from consumers, and I'll show you a failing business.
    No crap, but when they release a product with a couple measly changes to get another $800 out of me it kinda upsets me. Just like the iPhone 4- 4s transition. Company profit is good, but at least produce something that is far superior to your competitor or previous line. I guess if you have a 3GS or iPhone 4 it'd be a good upgrade. Don't get me wrong, I love iOS but it's time for a change and hopefully I can get use to android.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I stayed with AT&T and my unlimited plan. I really don't care about the facetime restrictions, I barely use it anyways. BUT having the ability to surf and talk is awesome.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

No crap, but when they release a product with a couple measly changes to get another $800 out of me it kinda upsets me. Just like the iPhone 4- 4s transition. Company profit is good, but at least produce something that is far superior to your competitor or previous line. I guess if you have a 3GS or iPhone 4 it'd be a good upgrade. Don't get me wrong, I love iOS but it's time for a change and hopefully I can get use to android.
    The iPhone 5 comes with huge changes. Not everything is aesthetic. I don't understand how you can say it's nothing big. The hardware advancements while keeping the device's form factor took major engineering skill and hard work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The iPhone 5 comes with huge changes. Not everything is aesthetic. I don't understand how you can say it's nothing big. The hardware advancements while keeping the device's form factor took major engineering skill and hard work.
    I agree. But if he wants to switch to an android that's up to him. However, ten people I work with switched to android when the 4S came out, and now are buying the iPhone 5. At cost. Funny how the grass actually isn't greener...
    I could not get android because I want an iPod. iCloud and iTunes match works too well.

Thanks

So what constitutes a good enough change to justify your money? Do you just want a different looking device? If that's the case I'm perfectly okay with that, but you should probably admit it's an aesthetics issue and not a functionality issue.

The camera is improved, processor is improved, resolution is improved (through a larger screen), speakers are improved, siri is improved...they improved almost every aspect of the phone while making it thinner and lighter. Sure, it may not LOOK much different, but from year to year the macbook pros don't look very different either...but it only takes a few minutes on a newer one to see that they are indeed improved every year.

Keep in mind that Apple has also improved the iPhone for four straight years while not increasing the cost of the phone.

BTW, where do you live? I'm just wondering where you are paying $800 for an iPhone. Even the unsubsidized iPhones in America don't run that much. I guess the 64 GB models will. In America, if you sign a contract with one of the big 3 carrier (Sprint, AT&T, Verizon) even the 64 GB iPhone 5 is just $400.
    Last edited by AUZambo; 09-18-2012 at 07:56 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to agree with not being impressed with the i5. I also expected a bit more like that built in pay at stores (what ever it's called) but they pretty much announced what other phones are doing already and thought they would at least throw something no other phone is doing. I understand that what apple produces will do it smoother (I also own android phones to play with) easier due to a well polished Os.

With that being said I did pre order the i5 and will get it this Friday because it is a good upgrade from i4. If I had a i4s I will say I would not spend the money for I don't think it is a goof upgrade between the 2 phones.
    I Like Eletronics

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There are a multitude of businesses that don't only try to make the most money. Some actually give you the best that they have instead of limiting what they have so you will pay more later.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster77 View Post
    there are a multitude of businesses that don't only try to make the most money. Some actually give you the best that they have instead of limiting what they have so you will pay more later.
    lolz, okay!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    There are a multitude of businesses that don't only try to make the most money. Some actually give you the best that they have instead of limiting what they have so you will pay more later.
    Well said

Thanks

Of course there are. And a lot of the time those companies do that because they HAVE to produce the absolute best that they can in order to be competitive. Apple is in the position where they don't have to do that. Is that wrong, or just a sign of tremendous success? Some companies do release the absolute best they can release because they just want to do that, and ideally that's what I wish Apple would do (assuming they're holding back).

The person I was talking to is upset with Apple's business model so he (she?) chose to use the word "exploit" as if Apple is doing something morally wrong in how they choose to release their products. Almost like there's something evil about being the most successful tech company in the world. Do you see evidence of exploitation in Apple's method of releasing products? I certainly don't. Sure, it's frustrating when Apple waits two years after 4G is available to finally put it in their phone, but that doesn't mean they're exploiting customers.

And with all that said, even with Apple holding back they're still releasing phones that are just as good if not better than the leading competitor.

EDIT: After posting all that I looked up the definition of "exploit," and most of the definitions make the word synonymous with "use," so in that light I can agree that Apple does use/exploit people for profit...but then again so does every other profitable business. Whenever I hear someone use the word exploit it is usually used to describe an immoral use of something.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Of course there are. And a lot of the time those companies do that because they HAVE to produce the absolute best that they can in order to be competitive. Apple is in the position where they don't have to do that. Is that wrong, or just a sign of tremendous success? Some companies do release the absolute best they can release because they just want to do that, and ideally that's what I wish Apple would do (assuming they're holding back).

The person I was talking to is upset with Apple's business model so he (she?) chose to use the word "exploit" as if Apple is doing something morally wrong in how they choose to release their products. Almost like there's something evil about being the most successful tech company in the world. Do you see evidence of exploitation in Apple's method of releasing products? I certainly don't. Sure, it's frustrating when Apple waits two years after 4G is available to finally put it in their phone, but that doesn't mean they're exploiting customers.

And with all that said, even with Apple holding back they're still releasing phones that are just as good if not better than the leading competitor.

EDIT: After posting all that I looked up the definition of "exploit," and most of the definitions make the word synonymous with "use," so in that light I can agree that Apple does use/exploit people for profit...but then again so does every other profitable business. Whenever I hear someone use the word exploit it is usually used to describe an immoral use of something.
    Well not putting new features in is one thing. But what I am thinking of is them purposely holding back the things that they already have. The example that bothered me the most is the 4th generation iPod Touch. Everyone can pretty much agree the camera sucked. But for only about $10 more they could have put a better camera in more on par with the iPhone 4. Instead the chose it to "save" for the next iPod Touch.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Off topic. How many people work at a vzw store or best buy. Just wanted to know how many phones that have on release day? My girl didn't get so lucky on pre order day.

Thanks

Well not putting new features in is one thing. But what I am thinking of is them purposely holding back the things that they already have. The example that bothered me the most is the 4th generation iPod Touch. Everyone can pretty much agree the camera sucked. But for only about $10 more they could have put a better camera in more on par with the iPhone 4. Instead the chose it to "save" for the next iPod Touch.
    Can't say I disagree with that one bit. I almost wonder if the iPod touch is now an afterthought for Apple.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12