+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 9/10 - 9/16

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Best Tweaks of the Week 9/10 - 9/16

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of September 10th until today, September 16th as per the opinion of our staff. This is a weekly recap.

1. Smart Ringer - 99

Smart Ringer is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer dmarinov that allows you to confirm whether or not you meant to enable silent mode via the hardware switch at the side of the device. The tweak adds a software fail-safe, so that if a pocket lint loop ends up being strong enough to grab hold of your ringer/silent switch and flips it by mistake, the device will not enter silent mode. It also works for other situations where the switch my be unintentionally switched. The confirmation comes up on the screen asking you to slide the slider to confirm you want to be in silent mode. If you don’t slide the slider, the phone will ring regardless of the switch’s position. This tweak is great for keeping you from accidentally missing important calls.

2. Quantum - FREE

Quantum is a new free jailbreak tweak from iOS developer Sirifl0w. The tweak gives the user the ability to change the font of the iOS 5 notification banner content and titles. There are several different fonts to choose from and you can mix and match fonts between the title and the banner content. You will have to respring for each change to take effect, but it’s a great way to customize your device so it doesn’t look exactly the same as your friend’s iPhone.

3. Privata - FREE

Privata is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developers Rudolf Lichtner and Ravirajm. Privata allows the user to enable and disable private brosing right from the Mobile Safari Web browser without the need to dig into the Settings application and fiddle around with the preferences. This quick little toggle adds a whole lot of convenience to the use of Mobile Safari. The toggle is located right inside the share button menu at the bottom of the list. If you just need to keep your browsing history a secret from someone, this is a tweak you have to grab.

4. YTOpener - FREE

YTOpener is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer thekirbylover. With this tweak, you will be able to launch YouTube links with Google’s new YouTube application, which was made available in the App Store for free. The new YouTube application is much better than Apple’s stock YouTube application and the tweak will continue to be useful throughout iOS 6, as Apple has removed their YouTube application from the operating system, forcing all YouTube links to open up in Mobile Safari. Trust us – YouTube is not as fluid and gorgeous from Mobile Safari as Google’s new YouTube application is. If you’re a YouTube addict, you need this tweak.

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on Modmyi!

If you missed our last best tweaks of the week, you can view it from this link.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-16-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Thanks

For number 4, you typed TY, instead of YT.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    For number 4, you typed TY, instead of YT.
    Thanks, fixed.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Wasn't ytopener only worked with desktop links instead of mobile?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Thanks, fixed.
    Feels like you guys aren't trying anymore, this was weak
    You posted about these, you guys should do the themes too, you stopped doing those also >.> everything's about iPhone 5 this is modmyi not FindNewiPhone

Just saying still love you guys thought when you give me good tweaks like YTOpener...

Now watch everyone hate on my comment -.-

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYPIFF View Post
    Feels like you guys aren't trying anymore, this was weak
    You posted about these, you guys should do the themes too, you stopped doing those also >.> everything's about iPhone 5 this is modmyi not FindNewiPhone

Just saying still love you guys thought when you give me good tweaks like YTOpener...

Now watch everyone hate on my comment -.-
    I agree mostly everything posted here is about the new iPhone and really not much importance to anything else...as you can tell by my name I am more of an iPod Touch person and in these forums I rarely find iPod Touch being talked about

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just got a new iPad, can you recommend some good tweaks for that please?