Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 161 to 174 of 174

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Samsung Releases New Anti-iPhone Ads: "It Doesn't Take a Genius"

  1. #161
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,718
    Thanks
    6,952
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    You apple fan boys are a piece of work. I used to love the iPhone but once you go android you wont' go back that's for sure. And yes the iPhone is junk compared to the GS3 and Galaxy Nexus. Give it a try why don't you or stay loyal to the fan boy club.
    Have owned a Galaxy Nexus and still own a S3. Both very nice phones. Still prefer my iPhone.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Don't know if it is a hard coded limit on Verizon or phone limit. Will activate my TB to check.
    The Thunderbolt also warns you the attachment is to large (306mb). Are you inferring that the iPhone will allow you to send a 300+mb attachment via MMS?
    Yes I was referring to the iPhone being able to send it.

  3. #163
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    213
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Yes I was referring to the iPhone being able to send it.
    Via MMS? Time to go to my local store and check. We ARE referring to MMS and not iMessage (or whatever it is called). And are you on Verizon or another carrier? Have you modified your carrier.plist from default?

    As of 2012 Verizon has a reported 1.2mb attachment size limit on MMS from ANY phone for MMS. And for what it is worth I just got off the phone with Verizon technical support and they confirmed there is NO way you can send a 300 + MB file through MMS on their network.

    AT&T support site shows that they have a max attachment size of 600kb from ANY phone for MMS. http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=34458&cv=820#fbid=bx5PpLorFrt
    Last edited by Tperry; 09-18-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Via MMS? Time to go to my local store and check. We ARE referring to MMS and not iMessage (or whatever it is called). And are you on Verizon or another carrier?

    As of 2012 Verizon has a reported 1.2mb attachment size limit on MMS from ANY phone for MMS.
    AT&T support site shows that they have a max attachment size of 600kb from ANY phone for MMS. http://www.att.com/esupport/article....id=bx5PpLorFrt
    Yes if u take a verizon iPhone 4s and a Verizon sg3 open up the video recorder. Don't change the settings in the sg3 and start filming let both go to 2 min. Then send them out as a mms not through iMessage the iPhone will go through but the vzw sg3 will say not able to send this message. Also when u change the format on the sg3 it's only a min long and it still sometimes will error out and not let u send it.

  5. #165
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    213
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Yes if u take a verizon iPhone 4s and a Verizon sg3 open up the video recorder. Don't change the settings in the sg3 and start filming let both go to 2 min. Then send them out as a mms not through iMessage the iPhone will go through but the vzw sg3 will say not able to send this message. Also when u change the format on the sg3 it's only a min long and it still sometimes will error out and not let u send it.
    Are the iPhone recordings in 1080p? I believe that is the default for the S3. You are concentrating on TIME of recording. I'm referring to attachment size itself, which is the limitation factor according to both AT&T and Verizon that no phone can exceed since it is a SYSTEM/INFRASTRUCTURE limitation that they have put in place.
    Last edited by Tperry; 09-18-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Are the iPhone recordings in 1080p?
    They are

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Via MMS? Time to go to my local store and check. We ARE referring to MMS and not iMessage (or whatever it is called). And are you on Verizon or another carrier? Have you modified your carrier.plist from default?

    As of 2012 Verizon has a reported 1.2mb attachment size limit on MMS from ANY phone for MMS. And for what it is worth I just got off the phone with Verizon technical support and they confirmed there is NO way you can send a 300 + MB file through MMS on their network.

    AT&T support site shows that they have a max attachment size of 600kb from ANY phone for MMS. http://www.att.com/esupport/article....id=bx5PpLorFrt
    Lmao love when people play dumb. "Not iMessage (or whatever it's called)"

    1.why would you even be on this site if you didn't know anything about iPhone? I mean there are other trolls here that talk crap about iPhones but they all have had them.

    2. If your going to use the "or whatever it's called" maybe next time get it wrong.

    3. Think it's funny that you put that in there but yet you seem to know exact numbers that both carriers allow or mms.

    4. Lastly you seem to know enough about iMessage to know how it works.

    Hahaha, really just giving you a hard time is all. But come on resorting to the ol "or whatever it's called" as to try and say its not important enough for you to for sure know its name. Lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Are the iPhone recordings in 1080p? I believe that is the default for the S3. You are concentrating on TIME of recording. I'm referring to attachment size itself, which is the limitation factor according to both AT&T and Verizon that no phone can exceed since it is a SYSTEM/INFRASTRUCTURE limitation that they have put in place.
    Well in that case it would seem that the iPhone records video more Efficiently if you have two devices recording 1080p for the same time but one is smaller than the other but yet still has full quality, it would appear the iPhone just does It better Lmao.
    Last edited by subywrex; 09-19-2012 at 09:56 AM.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Have owned a Galaxy Nexus and still own a S3. Both very nice phones. Still prefer my iPhone.
    If you could not jailbreak the iPhone would you still prefer it?

  9. #169
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,718
    Thanks
    6,952
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    If you could not jailbreak the iPhone would you still prefer it?
    I havent had my iPhone jailbroken in months. That's an easy yes. I don't rely on or need anything from cydia.

  10. #170
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    +1. I think all the little tweaks I install from Cydia are nice additions but they don't make or break my decision to have an iPhone.

  11. #171
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    213
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Lmao love when people play dumb. "Not iMessage (or whatever it's called)"

    1.why would you even be on this site if you didn't know anything about iPhone? I mean there are other trolls here that talk crap about iPhones but they all have had them.

    2. If your going to use the "or whatever it's called" maybe next time get it wrong.

    3. Think it's funny that you put that in there but yet you seem to know exact numbers that both carriers allow or mms.

    4. Lastly you seem to know enough about iMessage to know how it works.

    Hahaha, really just giving you a hard time is all. But come on resorting to the ol "or whatever it's called" as to try and say its not important enough for you to for sure know its name. Lmao



    Well in that case it would seem that the iPhone records video more Efficiently if you have two devices recording 1080p for the same time but one is smaller than the other but yet still has full quality, it would appear the iPhone just does It better Lmao.
    1) Because I have (and am typing this in on) an original iPad. If i am not mistaken, the site is modmyi, not modmyiphone. The same JB's that apply to the iPhone apply to the iPad. Had the 4 but quit using it since I went back to my preferred phone OS.

    2) can you direct me to the application on the original wifi iPad? The only application my iPad shows is "Messages", that it? Reason I ask is in settings it refers to iMessage, but there is no iMessage application so didn't want to ASSume that it was the same.

    3) It's called Google and research. Maybe you should try it sometimes.

    4)Since I have an iPad and HAD an iPhone, yes I am somewhat familiar with it.

    That's why I was asking. Not to get a smartass response but a definitive response, which yours is not.
    If you wanted to be informative you would give the file SIZE that the iPhone records a 2 minute HD video in and then the file SIZE and resolution the recipient receives it in. From some quick research it appears that the iPhone will compress/change the video format to whatever will allow it to comply with the carrier .plist settings, whereas the S3 keeps it in its native format. As it is I will swing by the local Verizon store today and record one and beam it via NFC.....oh wait, that's right the iPhone still doesn't have NFC capability. Guess I will send it via MMS since that's "guaranteed" to work.
    Once I get it on my phone I will check that it maintained its HD resolution.
    Last edited by Tperry; 09-20-2012 at 01:59 AM.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    1) Because I have (and am typing this in on) an original iPad. If i am not mistaken, the site is modmyi, not modmyiphone. The same JB's that apply to the iPhone apply to the iPad. Had the 4 but quit using it since I went back to my preferred phone OS.

    2) can you direct me to the application on the original wifi iPad? The only application my iPad shows is "Messages", that it? Reason I ask is in settings it refers to iMessage, but there is no iMessage application so didn't want to ASSume that it was the same.

    3) It's called Google and research. Maybe you should try it sometimes.

    4)Since I have an iPad and HAD an iPhone, yes I am somewhat familiar with it.

    That's why I was asking. Not to get a smartass response but a definitive response, which yours is not.
    If you wanted to be informative you would give the file SIZE that the iPhone records a 2 minute HD video in and then the file SIZE and resolution the recipient receives it in. From some quick research it appears that the iPhone will compress/change the video format to whatever will allow it to comply with the carrier .plist settings, whereas the S3 keeps it in its native format. As it is I will swing by the local Verizon store today and record one and beam it via NFC.....oh wait, that's right the iPhone still doesn't have NFC capability. Guess I will send it via MMS since that's "guaranteed" to work.
    Once I get it on my phone I will check that it maintained its HD resolution.
    Wow I clearly stated was just busting your balls an was being friendly. But go ahead keep playing dumb (by the way modmyi use to be modmyiphone).

    You tell me to google search and yet you play as if your dumb on the name of "iMessage" haha. Give me a break. Go play with you droid and go NFC some stuff. Cause I would get the majority of the population here could care less.

    Also next time you want a "definitive" answer and not sarcastic ones like I gave maybe try not making snide comment pretending like you have no clue what iMessage is. I mean when you go to settings the icon to click for iMessage I believe is the same icon for the messages app.

    So while your out there still perplexed about mms sizes (why you would want to send a compressed down long video is beyond me rather than email the full version) I will go ahead and move on lol.

    But for real man I was just busting your balls but guess you took it like an attack.
    Last edited by subywrex; 09-20-2012 at 10:05 AM.

  13. #173
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    213
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Wow I clearly stated was just busting your balls an was being friendly. But go ahead keep playing dumb (by the way modmyi use to be modmyiphone).

    You tell me to google search and yet you play as if your dumb on the name of "iMessage" haha. Give me a break. Go play with you droid and go NFC some stuff. Cause I would get the majority of the population here could care less.

    Also next time you want a "definitive" answer and not sarcastic ones like I gave maybe try not making snide comment pretending like you have no clue what iMessage is. I mean when you go to settings the icon to click for iMessage I believe is the same icon for the messages app.

    So while your out there still perplexed about mms sizes (why you would want to send a compressed down long video is beyond me rather than email the full version) I will go ahead and move on lol.

    But for real man I was just busting your balls but guess you took it like an attack.
    The comment was not snide, sorry if you took it that way. I could not remember for sure what it was called, but figured since almost everything they do is "i" something that must be what it was called. The additional comment required me to exit out of the site app, go into settings and then figure out that they must be the same. Since I never use messaging on the wifi only iPad, and quit using the 4 when it was still on 4.2.6 (which I don't remember having iMessage but maybe it did) I would not be real familiar with it, only remember them tooting trumpets about it when it was released. My point is I WOULD NOT want to send a compressed one, but it appears that the iPhone performs the compression automatically. And I agree, why would anyone ship a large video via MMS when it will either be rejected or compressed when you can maintain your native format by sending via email. The original post I responded to was touting the ability of the iPhone to send a 2 minute video via MMS and was trying to figure out how because of the carrier restrictions that are in place. If it was a simple .plist setting, then the S3 messaging .apk can be decompiled, the .xml pulled and modified and reinjected and then the .apk recompiled and the hard coded size restriction would be increased. Not much different than changing the carrier.plist setting.
    I'll grant that the NFC could be taken as a cheap shot, but if the 5 had it and a slightly wider screen I would buy one of them also when I buy the upcoming RAZR MAXX HD. I have $1800 set aside currently for phone purchases.
    Sorry if it seemed like an attack, but it does get tiresome when someone apparently is touting a "feature" that they really are not willing to or can't go into specifics on, possibly because they don't know...only that it "just works".
    Last edited by Tperry; 09-20-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

  14. #174
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    213
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    They are
    Yes, they are RECORDED in HD. I went by the store and recorded a 2 minute video in HD, sent it (finally, after being told the file was to large - have a photo of that warning). It SEVERELY compressed it, to comply with the 1.2mb limit that the carrier imposes. When it came into my S3 it was NOT in HD format. Entire file size was around 1.1mb. I've got to transfer it to my Linux box to see what format it compressed it to.

    It was just as I suspected, the original commentor failed to give the full story, implying that it would send the video in its native format. Not!

    While I was there I went ahead and picked up a black 32GB one to play with.

    Edit:

    So, still like the larger S3 screen better for reading. Hard getting used to such a small screen again. Maps at the local store showed part of the location, the rest was just grid lines. Can you put direct dial shortcuts on the screen of this thing. Haven't found how yet. Also haven't figured out how to get it to display my upcoming events on the screen where the app icons would be, nor display a nice digital clock that shows the current weather conditions.
    Last edited by Tperry; 09-21-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •