+ Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Releases New Anti-iPhone Ads: "It Doesn't Take a Genius"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I never get my devices from the U.S.A because even when they do sell Factory Unlocked some parts are still locked like tethering as an example now Canada on the
    Thanks
    I never get my devices from the U.S.A because even when they do sell Factory Unlocked some parts are still locked like tethering as an example now Canada on the other hand only sell unlocked iPhones on line other countries got both just like the U.S when they sell unlocked, I'm guessing it's got something to do with AT$T contract with Apple not to sell unlocked till after the holidays also like one guy said that in the states the Galaxy S3 is a duel core and at the rest of the world it got 4 cores that's how messed up America and the curt system is, thats why I love traveling so much you can smell the freedom in other countries and when I get back home to LA. I can feel how bit by bit they take away the freedom that America used to stand for.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maksimred View Post
    You know, what tics me off? apple fan heads saying that this feature is stupid, that feature sux, why did samsung invent this feature? on and on and on. Sure go ahead and bash on samsung and other android makers out there, but when apple incorporates the same ("slightly different") feature that samsung ALREADY has, all apple fans are all "Wow, that is genius, thats awesome and on and on and on" Think about it.. Cydia for example has tons of packages to install to customize your iphone that STOCK android ICS already has, and apple grabs that idea and implements a feature in their next "iOS" software update and also patent it, so no one can steal it.

I'm a GLAD samsung galaxy sIII owner and wouldnt get the iphone if even the 6th, 7th, or 8th, came out. I had iphone 3g, 3gs, and iphone 4, and finally made the switch to the galaxy sIII. Yes I waited, because it was rumored that samsung is coming out with samsung sIII and all should wait, and I did, and IT PAID OFF...

Yes, samsung went over board with their 790 hrs of standby time. That all though can be achieved with custom roms, I for example run CleanROM, with CleanKernel and I get 3 days of battery life on a single charge (stock battery) and use it extensively for work. the Difference? Under volting the CPU with the help of the kernel, and clocking down the CPU, iPhone? I had to re-charge twice a day.

Anyway, im glad to get this off my chest, it just frustrates me to see that apple fan boys wow, and aaahhh, on a feature that android already has.
    Lmao at this post.

Typical fandroid post that is so insecure with there product choice they feel they have to tell people why they like what they like is wrong because android does is stock.

But then goes on to say at how many things you have to do to get it to run right and get good battery life. 1st if you expect me to believe you get 72 hours off one charge with using the phone regularly. Lmao pretty sure old *** Nokia phones that did nothing but take phone calls didn't even get that battery life. Let alone a phone that is checking the Internet posting **** and getting push notifications all day long.

And news flash not everyone needs to beable to have all these features. Last time I checked you give someone a phone and ask them to zoom they will probably pinch. Why. Cause true innovation made that an industry standard. Building a phone with enough flash memory to hold your music. Hmmm who was the innovator on that.

I mean hell when a car company comes out with a new model guess what it's based off???? You'll never guess so ill give you a hint (the previous model)
    Last edited by subywrex; 09-15-2012 at 11:14 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by runey71 View Post
    Unlocked iPhone 5s are available in Australia from day one. Probably many other countries as well. Always found it odd that this isn't an option in the USA but I assume it's some agreement Apple have with the telcos over there. I also have my unlocked iPhone 5 winging it's way to me on launch day. Glad to finally be off my iPhone 3GS which I went back to after my iPhone 4 took a swim it never recovered from lol
    Lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

well, this is what i think.
    That's a pretty darn good phone!
    If it was running iOS, I would buy it.
    I tried it out, don't like the Android OS.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

I do hope with the iPhone 6 that the screen width is adjusted. The i5 already looks like a remote; I'm sure Apple can increase the width and still make it look nice. Who cares if it fits in one hand or not? We're not crippled; we have two hands to function, not one.

Thanks
    I'm gonna tilt my phone to zoom !!! Wow it worked to bad I dropped it

Why do they always add more pixels (Samsung) and still have less ppi then the iPhone dumb asses

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    So the only reason you have an iphone is because you paid for some apps?? Hmm.......that makes a lot of sense. Thats like saying "the only reason im keeping my beat up crappy car is because i paid for some new tires".
    Hahaha funny **** kikerman thats true and i think hes stupid

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    I do hope with the iPhone 6 that the screen width is adjusted. The i5 already looks like a remote; I'm sure Apple can increase the width and still make it look nice. Who cares if it fits in one hand or not? We're not crippled; we have two hands to function, not one.
    In all fairness there are a lot of one handed people out there. Also. My prediction is 16:9 may become an industry standard. However I have my reservation on the feel of the phone.

rcm
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

good going samsung, your phone is older and still needs to compete with something that isn't even out yet.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    ^^^Yes, this was a great site but after this new horrible site change, A LOT of people left including the main members who I NEVER see posting anymore.

Samsuck, did you forget to mention i5 has a better camera with better Image Stabilisation, better lens, better audio recording, better apps, access to the worlds largest music and mobile App Store?

I think it's time Apple started iPhone vs Android adverts like PC vs Mac, I miss those.
    Exactly I forgot to mention how iTunes literally binds all your products together! That's why it's a universal phone!

iPhone? More like MyPhone shmi117's Avatar
    Thanks

S3 beats the 4S any day. I, myself, have a S2. It lasts around 2 days with constant usage (texting, internet, a game or two, youtube, etc). Plus, running a stable ROM over an unstable one or stock one (which most of you are referring to) makes a big difference. My custom lightweight CM9 ROM could beat iOS5/6 any day in performance or battery.

Also being able to underclock my CPU and force render most parts of the phone through the GPU maxes out my performance and battery. The amount of customization that Android allows is what every phone should have, but applefags don't see that. I use to be the biggest apple fan ever, but once I made the switch I'm glad I got rid of any and all Apple devices. The thing is, most of Apple products suck, and they steal ideas from jailbreak developers or from other phone companies and claim those ideas as their own by patenting it.
    Last edited by shmi117; 09-15-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shmi117 View Post
    S3 beats the 4S any day. I, myself, have a S2. It lasts around 2 days with constant usage (texting, internet, a game or two, youtube, etc). Plus, running a stable ROM over an unstable one or stock one (which most of you are referring to) makes a big difference. My custom lightweight CM9 ROM could beat iOS5/6 any day in performance or battery.
    Lets see the numbers then? Then we can all show you how jailbreak apps are better than any android tweak that is basically a cheap knock off of a jailbreak app.

Also being able to underclock my CPU and force render most parts of the phone through the GPU maxes out my performance and battery. The amount of customization that Android allows is what every phone should have, but applefags don't see that. I use to be the biggest apple fan ever, but once I made the switch I'm glad I got rid of any and all Apple devices. The thing is, most of Apple products suck, and they steal ideas from jailbreak developers or from other phone companies and claim those ideas as their own by patenting it.
    I find the logic of under clocking to have better battery life crazy as hell. Now that I think of it I may de tune my suby so I get better gas mileage haha
    Last edited by subywrex; 09-15-2012 at 11:53 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    In all fairness there are a lot of one handed people out there. Also. My prediction is 16:9 may become an industry standard. However I have my reservation on the feel of the phone.
    I know there are one-handed people out there, but when they say it "still fits comfortably in one hand" sounds like they're advertising it to one-handed people only.

Thanks

Samsung is such a genius for coming up with this ad, it doesn't take a genius to know that Samsung does know what stand by time is.

STAND BY TIME
    The maximum length of time a wireless phone or communicator is fully charged, turned on and ready to send and receive calls or data transmissions.

790 hours that's over a month, that's asinine! Their getting desperate it seems, losing a lawsuit and over a billion dollars will do that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    I know there are one-handed people out there, but when they say it "still fits comfortably in one hand" sounds like they're advertising it to one-handed people only.
    Think there catering to the millions and millions of people that use there phone daily with one hand. I know I do all day long.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ferris419's Avatar
    Thanks

UnderClock My CPU for max performance? hmm.....please explain.....if thats the case im going out to the garage and pull 4 spark plug wires off my car cause i want max performance right?
    Last edited by ferris419; 09-16-2012 at 12:07 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

SG3 still lags on speed , even with all that horsepower... coz all that crap they got running in the background, no wonder they have a Sasquatch screen on there, to hide the car battery it takes to run the thing! ha!

iPhone? More like MyPhone shmi117's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets see the numbers then? Then we can all show you how jailbreak apps are better than any android tweak that is basically a cheap knock off of a jailbreak app.
    You want stats? Give me around 2 days to do a full discharge of my battery from 100%. You will be stunned by how much better it is. I remember being like you, and thinking the same things as you, but once you open your eyes you will soon realize. Apple fanboys (you) always will think their overpriced product is better. By the way, mostly all jailbreak tweaks are knock-offs of anything Android because well, ever since the first Android device was released, mostly all the things you could do on an iPhone was already available. Go to xda-developers.com and just look at everything there is. Look at modmyi and any other Apple site, same stuff over and over again.

I find the logic of under clocking to have better battery life crazy as hell. Now that I think of it I may de tune my suby so I get better gas mileage haha
    Good for you, go do that and see how it affects your "suby". You are comparing apples and oranges here. If I choose to underclock but still have great performance, then it's my choice. Even if I kept my CPU at the average (1512) MHz, it would still have great battery (tested, only get 1 3/4 days). And if I overclocked it (1800 MHz) I'd get what you have right now in terms of battery, which is 1 day from 100% to 0%. Oh yeah, I also have 1GB RAM on my S2, I can multitask like there's no tomorrow and my device slows down by like 10%. You multitask 5 apps, it slows down like 90%. So yes, go ahead, and "de tune [your] suby" because all you'll do is ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by ferris419 View Post
    UnderClock My CPU for max performance? hmm.....please explain.....if thats the case im going out to the garage and pull 4 spark plug wires off my car cause i want max performance right?
    If you're little Apple brain had the ability to process visual text, then you would know that I said it maximizes both performance and battery. Did I say it does one and not the other? I'm getting the best of both worlds, and if I wanted insane speeds, I'd overclock. Try adding more spark plug wires to your car bro.
    Last edited by shmi117; 09-16-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Thanks

You want stats? Give me around 2 days to do a full discharge of my battery from 100%. You will be stunned by how much better it is. I remember being like you, and thinking the same things as you, but once you open your eyes you will soon realize. Apple fanboys (you) always will think their overpriced product is better. By the way, mostly all jailbreak tweaks are knock-offs of anything Android because well, ever since the first Android device was released, mostly all the things you could do on an iPhone was already available. Go to xda-developers.com and just look at everything there is. Look at modmyi and any other Apple site, same stuff over and over again.

Good for you, go do that and see how it affects your "suby". You are comparing apples and oranges here. If I choose to underclock but still have great performance, then it's my choice. Even if I kept my CPU at the average (1512) MHz, it would still have great battery (tested, only get 1 3/4 days). And if I overclocked it (1800 MHz) I'd get what you have right now in terms of battery, which is 1 day from 100% to 0%. Oh yeah, I also have 1GB RAM on my S2, I can multitask like there's no tomorrow and my device slows down by like 10%. You multitask 5 apps, it slows down like 90%. So yes, go ahead, and "de tune [your] suby" because all you'll do is ruin it.

If you're little Apple brain had the ability to process visual text, then you would know that I said it maximizes both performance and battery. Did I say it does one and not the other? I'm getting the best of both worlds, and if I wanted insane speeds, I'd overclock. Try adding more spark plug wires to your car bro.
    Lmao your a pathetic waste of reading. Hahaha. Sense when does underclocking maximize performance. The detune comment was being sarcastic obviously your to narrow minded to even see that.

If your underclock something you are DECREASING it's performance to save on battery life (like if I detune my wrex I will get better gas mileage). Having an argument that in order to get normal battery on your phone you under-clock it is a dumb *** logic.

The fact is my phone does not slow down a single bit and I never close apps. You obviously have not the slightest clue on what ram is there for and how it is used. And how multitasking uses it. Do a little research on how ram is allocated. My SG3 on AOKP couldn't last an 8 hour work day if it tried.

And I could give two shits on you specs. To be honest android needs big specs to run as smooth as iOS.

Typical fandroid. All you care about is specs on a peice of paper. A true pawn of life that needs the thrill of seeing numbers to excite them.

Most apple users love there apple devices because they just run right and make sense. A VERY small amount of purple care about over and under clocking. And when your phone burns out from all that **** your doing to it. Guess you'll have a nice paperweight.

What's funny is that you hate apple so much you let it consume your life going onto apple sites and trying to prove everyone wrong. Get a clue man. It's people's preference. You will not change that because its theirs and not yours.

If Samsung was so great there fans and company wouldn't need to put so much effort into trying to prove them wrong.

I guess what in saying is be proud of your decisions. No need to troll around pro apple sites looking for reasons to remind yourself why you got an android. People that are happy with there devises tend to stay in places that discuss them with fellow fans.

But it's ok we know you are deep down upset that you have made a horrible choice and are in denial about it so much that you have to come to this site.

Ps. Obviously I'm just trolling this person. In no way am I directing this at any other person in this site. The same ol "your wrong I'm right" is getting old. People like this guy feel that millions upon millions of people are hooked into this apple spell and only buy products from them because there sheep. Like anyone who buys an apple product is a mindless person who can't think on there own.

What's ironic is the biggest apple fan (Steve jobs) is noted to be the biggest Innovator an best minds of this time.

Well sheep on
    Last edited by subywrex; 09-16-2012 at 01:33 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shabz_de_don's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not going to lie, the samsung galaxy s3 is a decent phone, I'm a proud owner of a iPhone 4s and a galaxy s3. Previously had all iPhones starting from 2g. And I have pre ordered my iPhone 5. There are a lot of things I would love on my iPhone which is doesn't have. The ability to download torrents. Save files, mp3's etc. rather than having to go to iTunes and my computer to connect them, yes I can jailbreak it but it's not the same as getting it out of the box ready for you. Don't get me wrong I still and will always love my iPhone and it is a fantastic product. The quality it's made in etc. the battery life of my s3 is fantastic it gives me about a day and half with moderate to heavy usage. Compared to my iPhone give me about a day in moderate to heavy usage. The only thing I really can't stand on android is their play store... A lot of the apps are garbage. I yet have not found a twitter app that is decent. There are a f other things I can't stand on android in general but overall the hardware is great. Even the ability to overclock, custom rooms. S3 comes standard with ics but there are leaked versions on jellybean with is due to release in October.

I go to one forum they bash apple products and then i go to another and they bash android products. We all have fanboys inside ourselfs, but can we not bash products because of some of their features?

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

+ Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast