+ Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Releases New Anti-iPhone Ads: "It Doesn't Take a Genius"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I keep forgetting that other touch screen phone that came out before apple released the very first iPhone. Oh wait...
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,027 Posts

I keep forgetting that other touch screen phone that came out before apple released the very first iPhone.

Oh wait...

Green Apple
    Thanks

^^ ahhh this guy. is the kewl guy.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 667 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmay227 View Post
    google bricked iphone, or iphone error, see how many results you get
    WTF are you talking about? you cant even brick a iphone that im aware of! And my buddy has bricked 2 of his android phones and i know this personally because i was there when he did it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    WTF are you talking about? you cant even brick a iphone that im aware of!
    Of course you can.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 667 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmay227 View Post
    I love how all the apple websites post story after story about samsung this or android that just trying to get a reaction.
    Go to any android site and it's not constant apple bashing. This was a great site yrs ago....now it's garbage. most the post are just biased
    blind apple ibots loyal to what ever apple does. It's really sad. everything on this site is just crying about what other phone makers are doing. good bye modmyi...you have lost your way.
    Cya BYE

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Of course you can.
    As far as im aware of? as long as you can get the phone into DFU mode your pretty much safe and can reload IOS. But who knows??? LOL i have always followed instructions on the jailbreaking, tweaks, themeing and such. I have never had to worry about it.
    Last edited by Carvensno; 09-15-2012 at 06:19 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Omg!
    So brave!
    Talk about jumping in the Lion's den...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    WTF are you talking about? you cant even brick a iphone that im aware of! And my buddy has bricked 2 of his android phones and i know this personally because i was there when he did it.
    I removed back in the day people talked about bricking iPhones. I'm not aware of that happening anymore. And if it does its very uncommon

My iPhone is a Part of Me dwizurd's Avatar
    Thanks

I used android phones until my wife bought me an iPod touch 4g. I quite literally went the next day and got an iPhone. I think it comes down to personal preference, and I prefer the beauty and ease of use that came stock with iOS. Now, I'm patiently waiting for my iPhone 5.
    On a side note, that plug statement was hilarious.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 09-15-2012 at 06:42 PM.
    Noobus Majorus thanks are welcome <---

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Apple products are no different than Samsung product except in the end, Apple has showmanship.

Green Apple
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Carvensno;6678736]Cya BYE

As far as im aware of? as long as you can get the phone into DFU mode your pretty much safe and can reload IOS. But who knows??? LOL i have always followed instructions on the jailbreaking, tweaks, themeing and such. I have never had to worry about it.

If you could get off the apple c... for a minute you might be surprised by what you see.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 09-15-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,923 Posts

Props to Samsung, that ad is hilarious. Specifically the totally different plug statement. Love it! Still gonna get me an iPhone 5 though, of course.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^Yes, this was a great site but after this new horrible site change, A LOT of people left including the main members who I NEVER see posting anymore.

Samsuck, did you forget to mention i5 has a better camera with better Image Stabilisation, better lens, better audio recording, better apps, access to the worlds largest music and mobile App Store?

I think it's time Apple started iPhone vs Android adverts like PC vs Mac, I miss those.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ah, I love these drama threads. Let me chime in. First off, I've owned an iPhone 3gs, an iPhone 4s, and a 4th gen iPod touch (I have my iPhone 5 on the way...can't freakin' wait!!). On Android side, I've owned an OG EVO, an EVO 3D, a Galaxy s2, a Galaxy nexus, a Galaxy note, and most recently, a Galaxy s3. I just returned my galaxy s3 and pre-ordered my iPhone 5. Here's the main difference, imo, and why I'm choosing iOS for the moment. Android is great if you want to work real hard to make it great, with some exceptions that I'm sick of dealing with. Vanilla Android, like what comes stock on a nexus device is nice and custom ROM's are great too. The problem with all of them, as someone already mentioned, is that just when you think you've got the perfect set up, you download an app and realize it's not compatible. Or, an app that was working fine a minute ago suddenly forces closes. Its REALLY frustrating. So, you read up on forums, ask questions, find a fix and apply it, but alas--the "fix" breaks something else. And you have to start all over again. What I love and miss about iOS is that you don't need a custom ROM. Everything works perfectly. Plus when switching devices, you don't have to worry about compatibility.

Aside from this, you cannot compare build quality. iPhone wins every time. It feels so damn good in your hands. Not sure what manufacturers using Android's OS don't get about this. Plastic sucks. Period. Finally, if you like gaming (like me), Android is really gonna piss you off. Games don't work accross all devices. The best games only work on Tegra-chip devices. On iOS they pretty much all work (except for iPad only games, which, correct me if I'm wrong, aren't many). Just to top it off, if you enjoy using a lot of custom ROMs be careful about your games saves. I don't know how many I've lost when jumping from one rom to another. I know there are apps that save them but they're not perfect.

The only thing that kept me from coming back to iOS sooner was the 3.5" inch screen size and lack of 4G. IMO, Apple has knocked it out of the park with iPhone 5. Thank God they don't come out with something every other month, like on Android. It really sucks when you spend all your money on the "best" only to have it not be the best anymore next month.

Android has some nice things about it. Customization is out of this world. If you like tinkering with your device (A LOT), then maybe give it a shot. I'm not saying I'll never own an Android device again, I'm just saying that for now, iOS is where I wanna be.

BTW, Samsung IS ridiculous. With every ad they put out I hate them more. And it's true, most of the features they threw in to the Galaxy s3 are useless.

Thanks
    ok, I just ordered the iPhone 5 factory unlocked infect all my devices are factory unlocked ( iPhone 4, 4S, iPad 1, iPad 3 + got an iPod 4) and I like to say that even so I ordered the 5 I'm disappointed and I'm sure Steve Jobs is turning in his grave because after he died the company died with him meaning they are scared to take a risk and make big changes instead of just trying to keep up with the competition! Now because I always paid cash for my devices I think it's time to get a free phone and I'm not sure if I'll get the Galaxy SIII or the the Galaxy Note 2, now I've been an Apple guy since the first iPhone came out but u must admit that beside the plastic back which we all cover with protective cases any way it's a superior phone with unlimited memory upgrade because u can always change the upgrade memory chip to another new one and that a big plus in my book and what about keeping a spare battery in your pocket which we can't do on our iPhones and as much as I hate to admit i believe that Steve Jobs got us by the balls with the money that we spent on the Apps at the App store and accessories at least that how Apple got me! There is much more I can say in favor of the Galaxy which is getting a firmware upgrade really soon and the fear that Apple never felt before that they had to actually go to court to try to be on top again which makes me sad that Steve Jobs is gone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    Apple products are no different than Samsung product except in the end, Apple has showmanship.
    And build quality!! iPhones are sold to hold! Samsung and many others are plastic and just feel like phones you can buy for 40! And what's worse u always have to open the phone to fit the battery's and these days the way to open the plastic phones is to pull it apart !! Apple take phone out the boxes stick in sim and away you go!

Thanks
    By the way watch some videos of iPhone 5 VS Galaxy SIII, just see how apple is actually trying to catch up the galaxy had LTE for awhile now and 4 core CPU and 1GB of ram to name just a few things + with the Camera the 5 still don't catch up!

But I'm still an Apple guy!
    Ps: and I'll always be an Apple guy as long as I can jailbreak it and get Cydia.

Thanks

You know why i buy apple products? Its because they build quality products meant to last. Not cheap plastic pieces of crap like the samsung or basically any other smartphone or laptop out there. My friend has the samsung ant the other day all she did was take off her case and her volume button popped off. You wont see that happen to an iphone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    I keep forgetting that other touch screen phone that came out before apple released the very first iPhone.

Oh wait...
    You're not funny bro. Just stop & get a life. Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"Tilt to Zoom"!? That sounds stupid.
    I think they took all apples good features and compared it too there feature and throw in a bunch of ****** and stupid features I could care less about as potential consumer.
    Last edited by Simon; 09-15-2012 at 08:36 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Funny thing is everything mentioned after "NFC" can be had via Jailbreak Apps, with the exception of removable battery of course. I WILL NOT TOUCH AN iP5 UNTIL A JAILBREAK IS AVAILABLE! STOCK iOS IS LAAAAAAAME AND BOOOOOOORING! JB4LIFE!!!