+ Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Releases New Anti-iPhone Ads: "It Doesn't Take a Genius"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
"A totally different plug" that actually made me laugh.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The only features that appeal to a consumer with half a brain will actually see that over half the features are just retarded software features on the s3. Samsung still hasnt realized people want a simple phone with simple toggles pinch to zoom is much easier than tilting your phone to zoom. Autosharing your photos to people 3 feet away from you instead of just showing them it or just texting them it thats just ridiculous. The biggest points personally are the display, ram and nfc.

they act like a 4.8 inch screen is good? Samsung isnt appealing at all to sophisticated users who have used smartphones. They are appealing to people who fall for things like bigger displays and dont use reason.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrhudson View Post
    everything after nfc is like meh, who gonna use that.
    well the s3 is a pretty good phone.
    Yea it is a great phone but some features will u ever use them? The NFC feat. Is sweet but the phone really could of been made with a better type of plastic.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Yea it is a great phone but some features will u ever use them? The NFC feat. Is sweet but the phone really could of been made with a better type of plastic.

exactly thats what i meant. who's gonna use any of the features after nfc. and alot of people still dont use nfc.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

never had a samsung phone but its funny that we have spent months trying to find out and think about new iphone 5 specs but samsung makes a ad and everyone is like who cares about specs lol hhhmmm weird...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    The only features that appeal to a consumer with half a brain will actually see that over half the features are just retarded software features on the s3. Samsung still hasnt realized people want a simple phone with simple toggles pinch to zoom is much easier than tilting your phone to zoom. Autosharing your photos to people 3 feet away from you instead of just showing them it or just texting them it thats just ridiculous. The biggest points personally are the display, ram and nfc.

they act like a 4.8 inch screen is good? Samsung isnt appealing at all to sophisticated users who have used smartphones. They are appealing to people who fall for things like bigger displays and dont use reason.
    If u ever held a s3 in real life it's weird it's just to wide. But hey it fits 20 million people. Well some people like apples and some people like bananas.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Boycott all Samsung Products, I have as well as my friends and their families as well. And they are right thought I do see the best phone.....Apple's iPhone 5! Also better customer service as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    never had a samsung phone but its funny that we have spent months trying to find out and think about new iphone 5 specs but samsung makes a ad and everyone is like who cares about specs lol hhhmmm weird...
    Exactly. Where was the crazy hype for the s3. We're their sold out pre orders?

Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    Boycott all Samsung Products, I have as well as my friends and their families as well. And they are right thought I do see the best phone.....Apple's iPhone 5! Also better customer service as well.
    It's just a better built phone all around.

Lol. That's a good one...
    Last edited by mlee19841; 09-15-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,027 Posts

So I took the time to watch a video showing tilt to zoom and some of the other useless features listed.

Why on earth would I ever use tilt to zoom. The only reason they even have features like that is an attempt to quit getting sued.

It just boggles my mind. With all specs aside. Just hold the two phones. One feels like a solid 6-800 phone. The other feels like a kids toy.

At the end of the day. Even if an IPhone could some how be flashed to droid, I still wouldn't want it. It's great that the android market is open source and rooted apps are in the same store as stock but no one in their right mind can ever compare or compete with the "jailbreak" and "Cydia".

One of my biggest problems with android was its inability to have simple tweaks that made my phone how I want. Cydia on the other hand has very thing. If I wanna hide statusbar elements I simply type in statusbar into Cydia, and a million other examples.

And themes alone make the iPhone a million times better. ROMS are cool. But a total pain in the ***. Winterboard is simple and easy to use.

I think us "fanboys" could go on forever. But it's literally worse than politics talking about this.

Samsung people hate apple. Apple people support their products and dislike Samsung.

I think droid would do a lot better if they didn't come out with a new one every month. We get an iPhone once a year, for good reason. They make a solid great product with all the features they want to incorporate. Android releases a new phone with every new feature. It's sad

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    when you say customer service, do you mean these guys as well?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung Releases New Anti-iPhone Ads: "It Doesn't Take a Genius"-6290288541_dd1d185953.jpg  
    Last edited by mindblown; 09-15-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I don't understand the big deal about a removable battery. I have never felt the need to remove my battery from my phone. While on the other hand, a friend of mine dropped her SII and the back came off and she LOST her battery. She found it like 3 days later. Granted user error is a factor, but i'm glad i'll never have to worry about LOSING my battery. It's where it needs to be and isn't going anywhere.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 687 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    So I took the time to watch a video showing tilt to zoom and some of the other useless features listed.

Why on earth would I ever use tilt to zoom. The only reason they even have features like that is an attempt to quit getting sued.

It just boggles my mind. With all specs aside. Just hold the two phones. One feels like a solid 6-800 phone. The other feels like a kids toy.

At the end of the day. Even if an IPhone could some how be flashed to droid, I still wouldn't want it. It's great that the android market is open source and rooted apps are in the same store as stock but no one in their right mind can ever compare or compete with the "jailbreak" and "Cydia".

One of my biggest problems with android was its inability to have simple tweaks that made my phone how I want. Cydia on the other hand has very thing. If I wanna hide statusbar elements I simply type in statusbar into Cydia, and a million other examples.

And themes alone make the iPhone a million times better. ROMS are cool. But a total pain in the ***. Winterboard is simple and easy to use.

I think us "fanboys" could go on forever. But it's literally worse than politics talking about this.

Samsung people hate apple. Apple people support their products and dislike Samsung.

I think droid would do a lot better if they didn't come out with a new one every month. We get an iPhone once a year, for good reason. They make a solid great product with all the features they want to incorporate. Android releases a new phone with every new feature. It's sad
    My friend is a big droid fanboy LOL :P Cant tell you how many phone he has almost bricked because of rooting and installing custom rom's. Plus seems like who ever develops these roms? there are always glitches, some of the features not working right or not working at all LOL

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    My friend is a big droid fanboy LOL :P Cant tell you how many phone he has almost bricked because of rooting and installing custom rom's. Plus seems like who ever develops these roms? there are always glitches, some of the features not working right or not working at all LOL
    whoa, see i have no idea what androids do but root. but i didnt know bricking still existed for them. yay for apple.
    and who cares, im a fanboy of apple. its cause they have great products.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

whoa, see i have no idea what androids do but root. but i didnt know bricking still existed for them. yay for apple.
    and who cares, im a fanboy of apple. its cause they have great products.
    nonononon, not just great products... but great quality products

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    nonononon, not just great products... but great quality products
    exactly

Green Apple
    Thanks

I love how all the apple websites post story after story about samsung this or android that just trying to get a reaction.
    Go to any android site and it's not constant apple bashing. This was a great site yrs ago....now it's garbage. most the post are just biased
    blind apple ibots loyal to what ever apple does. It's really sad. everything on this site is just crying about what other phone makers are doing. good bye modmyi...you have lost your way.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cmay227 For This Useful Post:

feidhlim1986 (09-15-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmay227 View Post
    I love how all the apple websites post story after story about samsung this or android that just trying to get a reaction.
    Go to any android site and it's not constant apple bashing. This was a great site yrs ago....now it's garbage. most the post are just biased
    blind apple ibots loyal to what ever apple does. It's really sad. everything on this site is just crying about what other phone makers are doing. good bye modmyi...you have lost your way.
    okay bye.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    google bricked iphone, or iphone error, see how many results you get
    Last edited by cmay227; 09-15-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,027 Posts

What would android even have to write about apple in a negative way? MMI chooses to post topics about relevant legal issues/advertisements.

This being a topic about why Samsung made a COMMERCIAL bashing apple. But your mad at MMI for talking about it? Odd.

Maybe android should post topics like "We stole apples touch screen technology"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmay227 View Post
    Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out! Bye!