Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lucky iPhone 5 Customers See Improved Arrival Dates

Thanks

Default Lucky iPhone 5 Customers See Improved Arrival Dates

Early iPhone 5 orders might be shipping sooner than originally advertised based on e-mails that are being sent out by Apple. According to AppleInsider, one of their readers who was quoted for an arrival date of two weeks received the following email that informing them of the improved arrival date:

Apple’s online store began quoting customers for an estimated shipping time of two weeks just an hour after preorders of the iPhone 5 began early Friday morning. Apple officials were “completely blown away” by the demand for the iPhone 5. As of today, Apple’s online store indicated that all models of the iPhone 5 are available to ship in two to three weeks. The device is set to become publicly available this upcoming Friday, September 21. Apple’s carrier partners are also selling the iPhone 5 at launch but AT&T and Verizon have been completely sold out of their launch-day inventory as well.

For those of you who missed out on preordering an iPhone 5 for launch, you can still attempt to buy Apple’s latest handset at a brick-and-mortar store for Friday’s launch. Apple’s retail stores announced selling the iPhone 5 at 8:00 AM local time on the 21st and retail partners such as Best Buy, Radio Shack, and Walmart will also have inventory on the same day.

Did any of you get such an email?

Source: AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Don't know if this is quite on topic but I was shocked to see H.H. Gregg now offering the new iPhone 5...Glad shipping times have improved as well

Quote Originally Posted by sane478 View Post
    Don't know if this is quite on topic but I was shocked to see H.H. Gregg now offering the new iPhone 5...Glad shipping times have improved as well
    Wow really hh greg. But yea same thing happened last year people got the iPhone they ordered sooner than expected.

Yep, hh Gregg! lol! I couldn't believe it...Guess every electronic store will sell them soon

Thanks
    Yes got the email the next day. Very happy

Quote Originally Posted by coolemt View Post
    What site did u order from? I still didn't get the email yet.

Do u mind helping us narrow down the cutoff point that apple is at? What time was the origional order processing email sent? What time zone are you in? What time did u recieve the follow up email? And what is the status when you check the apple site currently?

I had a confirmation just 1 hour and ten min after the start of pre orders and was screwed with the two week time frame, and have still had no email or update to order status to show that I'll be moved to the 21'st yet.

I didn't get the email but in tracking details on Apple's site, it says delivery is the 21st. When I placed my order it was 2 weeks and I placed my order about 6am EST on Fri. So who knows. I won't be getting my hopes up too much

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope Vodafone can do the same!

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Thanks
    It was Sept 14, 2012 PST at 02:06 that first email said order being processed and that it would be two weeks. Sept 14, 2012 at 13:15 got second email stating phone would be here on Sept 21,2012

It was Sept 14, 2012 PST at 02:06 that first email said order being processed and that it would be two weeks. Sept 14, 2012 at 13:15 got second email stating phone would be here on Sept 21,2012
    Ok, so I just got off the phone with apple. They stated that certain orders being cancelled for multiple different reasons certain orders are being bumped up to a better ship date. When as what the protocol was in selecting what orders are moved up and in what order they stated that it is all automated through a system... But it seems to me that if it was being determined by a system that it would go by order time, and I know because of a previouse post that an order placed 2 hours after mine has been moved up to the 21'st so I'm now questioning the "automated system" or magic 8 ball that apple is using to determine what orders ship when.

Thanks

Wondering if anyone else got a 'Reservation Number'? When Verizon's Server wasn't responding to Apple early on Friday morning a pane appeared telling me that I had a Reservation Number and that I would receive an e-mail instructing me to follow a link to finish my order, which would be processed in the order of my reservation, provided I complete the order by 5pm on Sept 15. I received that e-mail but was never able to complete the order. Two calls to 1-800-MYAPPLE were unsuccessful. Neither intrepid apple rep could figure out why my particular reservation was failing to advance to the next level in the process, and I eventually lost my priority. There is more to this story, and if someone at modmyi would like to e-mail me I will send you screen shots that follow what happened the other night and a full explanation of my conversations with Apple customer service.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

I have not received my email yet.. sigh..

I placed my order around 7 AM and have been told arrival date of 10/4. I just checked and nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by willieworks View Post
    Wondering if anyone else got a 'Reservation Number'? When Verizon's Server wasn't responding to Apple early on Friday morning a pane appeared telling me that I had a Reservation Number and that I would receive an e-mail instructing me to follow a link to finish my order, which would be processed in the order of my reservation, provided I complete the order by 5pm on Sept 15. I received that e-mail but was never able to complete the order. Two calls to 1-800-MYAPPLE were unsuccessful. Neither intrepid apple rep could figure out why my particular reservation was failing to advance to the next level in the process, and I eventually lost my priority. There is more to this story, and if someone at modmyi would like to e-mail me I will send you screen shots that follow what happened the other night and a full explanation of my conversations with Apple customer service.
    ME TOO! I got a reservation and couldn't complete it! I called the 1-800-MY APPLE number and nope. Couldn't order it.

I just eventually did it at the ATT website.

So can anyone confirm color/size of 5s that are getting bumped up? I ordered mine within two hours of release from apple and it still has Oct 5 as my delivery date on the site. This is for a 32gig white one on the apple website.

Same here. Got it at about 430am EST and got an email with ships in 2weeks so October 9 it would be at my door??!

I am quite curious to know what the hell they are using to generate which costumers get better dates?! Mine was a 32 black.

I got the email 10 or less minutes after pre-ordering the phone.

Anyone care to shed some light?

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    I have not received my email yet.. sigh..
    Same here. I ordered Friday 3am est. still no email 2 days later. I called vzw and they said everything's good. Don't know I have a feeling the reps are wrong.

Default Wtf
    Same here. Got it at about 430am EST and got an email with ships in 2weeks so October 9 it would be at my door??!

I am quite curious to know what the hell they are using to generate which costumers get better dates?! Mine was a 32 black.

Quote Originally Posted by kissdaring View Post

well 2 weeks from the day you preordered it. it wouldnt be oct. 9th, it would be sept 28.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast