Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile to Offer iPhone 5 Ready Nano-SIM Cards in Mid-October

Thanks

Default T-Mobile to Offer iPhone 5 Ready Nano-SIM Cards in Mid-October

In recent tweets, T-Mobile revealed that it will be carrying iPhone 5-compatible nano-SIM cards for use on its network starting mid-October, giving subscribers access to Apple’s latest handset. The news comes in after a number of T-Mobile customers took to Twitter recently, asking the telecom if and when it would be releasing nano-SIM cards to be used with Apple iPhone 5 as the carrier is not yet an Apple partner carrier. According to The Verge, the wireless carrier issued multiple responses, promising subscribers access to the appropriate cards needed to operate the new Apple device on its network.

If you are a T-Mobile subscriber, you’ll need to purchase an unlocked iPhone 5 to use the smartphone on T-Mobile’s network, however it isn’t clear when Apple will begin selling the unlocked versions in the U.S. The pricing of the unlocked units was discovered recently, pointing at similar pricing to previous iPhone iterations, with the 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB models running $649, $749, and $849, respectively.

Once the nano-SIM cards arrive, subscribers will be able to operate the iPhone 5 on T-Mobile’s 2G Edge network, while the company slowly continues to roll out 4G HSPA+ service across the country. The 4G HSPA+ service is currently available in Seattle, Las Vegas, and New York City and is said to be expanding.

How many of you will be trying to get the iPhone 5 to use on T-Mobile’s network?

Source: The Verge

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

How is service on tmobile compared to others and is it unlimited data?

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    T-Mobile just started their new "truly unlimited" plan with unlimited data and no data caps. Unfortunately, they are still working on refarming their network to support the iPhone with 3g speeds. By the end of the year should be complete, with LTE releasing next year. Check this out:

Sightings of T-Mobile 3G/4G/HSPA+ coverage on 1900MHz (PCS/UMTS band II)

These fools want people to buy a $700+ phone and use Edge/GPRS on it....im surprised they are still in business

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    T-mobile has "unlimated" data plans but they throttle your speed at 5gb, I'm switching to Sprint. Too little, too late, Eff T-mobile.
    word

I did order the iPhone 5 from AT&T as an upgrade and I got to keep my unlimited data. The only thing I'm not happy about is that my current iPhone is factory unlocked, I will definitely miss that specially when I travel as my current iPhone will go to my brother who lives in Argentina.

I ordered a T-Mo SIM card as well. I want to see if it works. I've seen people getting 15mb on T-Mo's HSPA+ and now that they're offering unlimited data non-throttled. I actually checked my account and it reads 9,999.99 Gigs of High speed... call me crazy but that's a 10Ts.

My credit card has already been charged, which means that my iPhone should be on its way... Now I just need it unlocked... Not jail broken or any of that crap... but unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
    These fools want people to buy a $700+ phone and use Edge/GPRS on it....im surprised they are still in business
    Exactly. Even if they can use 3G its still 3G.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
    No, that is just an option. The other option is to take unhappy customers away from AT&T, which there are plenty of.

here in Puerto Rico T-mobile is actually faster in some areas than AT&T, sadly Verizon left a couple of years ago and Sprint just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazyfool88 View Post
    T-mobile has "unlimated" data plans but they throttle your speed at 5gb, I'm switching to Sprint. Too little, too late, Eff T-mobile.
    That's better than AT&T they throttle you at three gigs.

There is no 3G HSPA+ that can get anywhere near 15MB. That's the upper middle range of LTE's speed. TMobile is notoriously the slowest Data speeds of all. But to characterize TMobile as only 2G/Edge is also just as wrong. HSPA+ is way faster than edge.

I'm glad to hear TMobile is at least another option for iPhone. And which is it? Throttled or unthrottled with the new TMobile plans?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Exactly. Even if they can use 3G its still 3G.
    Be thankful for what you have! Living in the UK and not in a major city 3G is as good as it gets. I receive speeds of no more than 5mb's on average although have on occasion not in peek times (early in the morning say 1 or 2 am) got 7mb's but never had more than that so be thankful for your "supposedly" super fast 4G LTE and stop complaining

EDIT: Just to prove a point here's a speedtest I just took and this is pretty good for 3G in my opinion. Although I bet your speeds are better than this...

Last edited by aidanharris; 09-15-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 Times in 6,153 Posts

LMAO, of coarse. After I ordered a nano sim cutter yesterday. Should have known T-mo would be on top of this with well over a million iPhones using their service.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazyfool88 View Post
    I believe they have a new unlimited plan that isn't throttled anymore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    I believe they have a new unlimited plan that isn't throttled anymore.
    Correct, they do and always have had truly unlimited data.

yesssss. the news i've been waiting for.. i'll pay the $700, because in the long run i'll be actually saving, with att i kept going over my data by like 2-3GB thats $20-30 extra on my $100 monthly unlimited bill with only 2GB of data a month [rip-off].. tmobile gives you 5GB of 4G data for $70 a month plus unlimited talk/text, after the 5GB/4G unlimited 2G data no restrictions, best plan without a contract on the carrier market right now, the good thing is that tmobile is 4G HSPA+ ready in new york already..
    Last edited by n0id; 09-16-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Correct, they do and always have had truly unlimited data.
    Not really, Cadi. They haven't 'always' had true unlimited. Like AT&T's "unlimited" - at a certain point (3GB for AT&T/5GB for TMobile) you are throttled. TMobile has only changed that recently. Sprint's the only carrier to be able to claim true unlimited since the start. But they have sucky coverage- so it's moot.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Where in new york are they 4G capable? I am in brooklyn and am still stuck with Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by n0id View Post
    yesssss. the news i've been waiting for.. i'll pay the $700, because in the long run i'll be actually saving, with att i kept going over my data by like 2-3GB thats $20-30 extra on my $100 monthly unlimited bill with only 2GB of data a month [rip-off].. tmobile gives you 5GB of 4G data for $70 a month plus unlimited talk/text, after the 5GB/4G unlimited 2G data no restrictions, best plan without a contract on the carrier market right now, the good thing is that tmobile is 4G HSPA+ ready in new york already..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
    Be thankful for what you have! Living in the UK and not in a major city 3G is as good as it gets. I receive speeds of no more than 5mb's on average although have on occasion not in peek times (early in the morning say 1 or 2 am) got 7mb's but never had more than that so be thankful for your "supposedly" super fast 4G LTE and stop complaining

EDIT: Just to prove a point here's a speedtest I just took and this is pretty good for 3G in my opinion. Although I bet your speeds are better than this...

Be happy you have 3G!
    I don't have 3G and I do not have EDGE either, just GPRS and that in the Midlands in the UK.
    My screenshot might be over a year old, but it still is the same now. You also can see my broadband speed (WiFi), which is crap.
    So why should I need a super duper fast 4G enabled phone if all I can get is GPRS?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Not really, Cadi. They haven't 'always' had true unlimited. Like AT&T's "unlimited" - at a certain point (3GB for AT&T/5GB for TMobile) you are throttled. TMobile has only changed that recently. Sprint's the only carrier to be able to claim true unlimited since the start. But they have sucky coverage- so it's moot.
    Trust me, I have been a T_mo customer for over 10 years and for the last 4 1/2 years I have had unlimited data with no throttling ever.
    Check out the T-Mo web page.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast