Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile to Offer iPhone 5 Ready Nano-SIM Cards in Mid-October

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Trust me, I have been a T_mo customer for over 10 years and for the last 4 1/2 years I have had unlimited data with no throttling ever.
    Check out the T-Mo web page.
    Not sure why we're getting conflicting info. I have two close friends on T-Mobile and both are data hounds and have been throttle TWICE in the last six months. Is it possible you never get anywhere near 5GB in a month?

When I was looking at new carriers I went into one of their stores and asked them if they had any 'true' unlimited plans because of what I'd read about their throttling on the web -- and the rep in the Philly area said, "NOW we do". We've had a 5GB throttle on plans before - but rolled out new plans to compete better. AT&T also says nothing about their 3GB throttle on their website either. So I'm not surprised it's not on the T-Mobile site.

Here's one article from a reputable source proving my point. It moved from 10GB cap to 5GB cap (throttle point) back in 2010.
    http://www.tmonews.com/2010/10/t-mob...-5gb-of-usage/

But I don't want to argue.

We're all just trying to find the best plans. And it's a moot point anyway now that TMobile is 'currently'/'today' offering non-throttled plans. It's all good.

Peace.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-16-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,178 Times in 6,197 Posts

According to my monthly bill I average over 8GB a month since January. Looking at T-mo site, there are now several data plans. I am grandfathered in so my plan never changes. In fact I am some what embarrassed to tell you how little I pay a month. Being a loyal customer has it's benefits.
    Unlimited data, talk and text = $79.99 a month now.
    Search Results: T-Mobile
    Last edited by blkcadi; 09-17-2012 at 12:37 PM.

According to my monthly bill I average over 8GB a month since January. Looking at T-mo site, there are now several data plans. I am grandfathered in so my plan never changes. In fact I am some what embarrassed to tell you how little I pay a month. Being a loyal customer has it's benefits.
    Unlimited data, talk and text = $79.99 a month now.
    Search Results: T-Mobile
    Well that explains it. You have a very old plan you've been grandfathered into - that predates even the changes in 2010. But there are a lot of people that don't have what you have there and had to deal with Throttling, first at 10Gb in '08-'09 and then down to 5GB starting Sept of '10 and those plans stayed throttled until just mid August when they and many companies starting changing in response (I believe) to the legal battle that guy won against AT&T for throttling something they termed 'unlimited'.

I maintain that the only company that never had any throttles - ever - with their Unlimited Plan is Sprint. But they have lousy coverage so... ah well....

Finding the best carrier is indeed a 'hassle'.

Have a good night!

Thanks

Ok, reading a bit more, you may be correct on throttling. Sux for new customers. My apologies.

Ok, reading a bit more, you may be correct on throttling. Sux for new customers. My apologies.
    Actually it's the newer customers (as of Aug'12) that are going to be able to buy 'true' unlimited from what I'm reading. But it's the folks between '08-Sept'12 that were proverbially 'screwed'..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Actually it's the newer customers (as of Aug'12) that are going to be able to buy 'true' unlimited from what I'm reading. But it's the folks between '08-Sept'12 that were proverbially 'screwed'..
    Yup, just read that, seems so unfair.

Yup, just read that, seems so unfair.
    It's actually pretty damned near 'false advertising'. We live in a world where you can invent meanings to words. Bill Clinton stated "It depends on what the meaning of 'is' IS...." back in the Monica Lewinsky scandal -- ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????

"Unlimited" has a meaning in the dictionary. You can't 'doctor it' for your own uses.. Uggh..

Well T-Mobile made the right step now and to the future. TRUE 'unlimited'.

AT&T and Verizon get around the whole Unlimited thing now by simply offering NO new plans with Unlimited. They just charge you when you go over. And 'grandfathered - in' people on AT&T's ancient unlimited STILL get throttled at 3GB and have FaceTime over cellular disabled on the iPhone 5. Can you imagine?

Sounds like T-Mobile's taken VERY good care of their 'pre-2008' clients. That's what a company SHOULD do - for people who've decided to stay that long. That's GOOD business!

Thanks

^Yup, been with them since 1999, before it was T-Mobile. Cingular I think was my original carrier. Been so long.

^Yup, been with them since 1999, before it was T-Mobile. Cingular I think was my original carrier. Been so long.
    Cingular was it's own company that became intertwined with AT&T for a season but not T-Mobile. T-Mobile's original company name - pre 1999 was VoiceStream.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Cingular was it's own company that became intertwined with AT&T for a season but not T-Mobile. T-Mobile's original company name - pre 1999 was VoiceStream.
    That's it, cool. VoiceStream. Back then My husband took care of phone stuff.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....................

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nderosa View Post
    Where in new york are they 4G capable? I am in brooklyn and am still stuck with Edge.
    I'm in the Bronx and I'm stuck also I went with Sprint but I'm so confused I might just send my iphone back and just get one unlock from Att like that I'll have better options

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12