+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple is "Blown Away" By iPhone 5 Pre-order Results

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple is "Blown Away" By iPhone 5 Pre-order Results

Just today, iPhone 5 units have gone on sale for pre-order from Apple and from cellular carriers. The device will be officially released on September 21 in nine different countries including the United States and Canada. The popularity of the iPhone 5 is not to be taken lightly, as the sales results thus far are staggering according to an Apple spokeswoman who says Apple is “blown away” by the sales results.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Spokeswoman
    Pre-orders for iPhone 5 have been incredible," said Apple spokeswoman, Natalie Kerris. "We’ve been completely blown away by the customer response.
    Since the announcement of the iPhone 5 this Wednesday, the iPhone 5 has been given a ton of negative feedback such as, “It looks too much like the iPhone 4/4S,” and, “That's it, I'm getting the Samsung Galaxy S III.” While the iPhone 5’s case may resemble the iPhone 4/4S, the hardware inside the device is exactly what consumers have demanded from the iPhone for ages – 4G LTE support, a four-inch display, and an even faster CPU and GPU. Despite the feedback, it doesn't appear to be slowing down the speed of which the iPhone 5 is flying off the shelves.

Apple has seen so many pre-orders for the iPhone 5 today, that not even half-way through the first pre-order day, iPhone 5 shipment dates were pushed back up to two weeks. In fact, Apple's Web site now says 2-3 weeks, showing that the demand just keeps on coming.

If you want to reserve your iPhone 5 unit, we suggest pre-ordering it as soon as possible before the shipment dates are pushed too far back and you end up waiting several weeks for your new iPhone.

Sources: MacRumors

Thanks
    Maybe that is happens cos it will be for Nine countries, and still there is many people wiz 3Gs, I dont think this time apple will be back like it was >>>>>> No NFC for another year Iphone 5S

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Was NFC a highly wanted item?
    I'll admit it's convenient, but so is a card.
    Maybe that's just me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joliano24 View Post
    Maybe that is happens cos it will be for Nine countries, and still there is many people wiz 3Gs, I dont think this time apple will be back like it was >>>>>> No NFC for another year Iphone 5S
    What?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Its always good to restrict the number of units when it first goes on sale. 'Preorders sold out' produces more headlines over 'sales are going well' any day

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

of course Apple is going to say great sales numbers, nobody say they have bad sales numbers on the product first day of sales. If they dare to say that it guarantee the death of the device.
    Anyways I want to see the sales numbers, having the ship date pushed back 2~3 weeks really do not mean anything. Reason is because there was an article about Apple can not get enough of the new screen for the production, we do not even know how many units was ready for the first shipment. My guess it was not as good as 4S or 4, but I could be wrong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joliano24 View Post
    seriously??? I mean i'm all about cultural diversity but dang! Butcher the English language why don't cha!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you have to take into account the wave of iphone 4 owners who got them on launch day are all now off of contract (as it's been 2 years and 3 months roughly). we were all ready to upgrade.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
    you have to take into account the wave of iphone 4 owners who got them on launch day are all now off of contract (as it's been 2 years and 3 months roughly). we were all ready to upgrade.
    That was my thought and is why I bought the iPhone 5 and not the 4s. I wouldve gotten the 4s if I would've been able to upgrade.

Green Apple
    Thanks

^what

*T*
    Thanks

I did not hear an ounce of negative feedback

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
    Looking at it from that perspective, iPhone 3GS owners would have ran for the iPhone 4S when it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    I did not hear an ounce of negative feedback
    You didn't hear an ounce of negative feedback? Read the comments: Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Apple Raises The Curtain on iPhone 5

The negative feedback sounds almost the same as what came from the iPhone 4S.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The only people I see whining that it looks too much like a 4 / 4s are those egomaniacs with look at me mentalities who want everyone to know they have the newest device.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    That was my thought and is why I bought the iPhone 5 and not the 4s. I wouldve gotten the 4s if I would've been able to upgrade.
    I was able to upgrade... Sure, I had to wait until November, but The 4S had enough that I kept trying until they gave it to me.

The 5 is a great phone, but this time I'll pass on the upgrade. No increase in storage, and LTE is useless to me due to the fact that AT&T doesn't offer it in my area.

I'll be waiting.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

My iPhone is a Part of Me RandyTG's Avatar
    Thanks

Not having NFC is not that big of a deal as the retail infrastructure to support NFC transactions is not even close to gaining momentum. Apple will support it when they think the market is able to support the feature versus having it just because others do.

Thanks

I have a iPhone 4, but not going to upgrade until I hear some feedback after people start getting them and trying them out.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i am glad that i swiched to samsung .... not blown away by this release at all.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the black one looks awesome
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by faschierbasis View Post
    i am glad that i swiched to samsung .... not blown away by this release at all.....
    Why would you go with a copy when you could have the real thing. 😊
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why do the android trolls even come to this forum? The iPhone 5 is a nice upgrade. RandyTG is right, I've never even seen a NFC compatible device anywhere. I skipped the ip4s for the reason above, I was still in contract. Regardless of what people say, the iPhone has always been a very well built product since the start. If the lack of customizable OS features is what sends you to Samsung, that's great, just go and shut up. I'll just jailbreak my iPhone when I need that.