+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple is "Blown Away" By iPhone 5 Pre-order Results

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard Looking at it from that perspective, iPhone 3GS owners would have ran for the iPhone 4S when it came out. Yes but wouldn't there have
...
  1. #41
    iPhone? More like MyPhone GrandMasterB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yewwwwtah!
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Looking at it from that perspective, iPhone 3GS owners would have ran for the iPhone 4S when it came out.


    Yes but wouldn't there have been 3x as many iPhone 4 owners just based on carriers alone? I had the iPhone 4 for almost 2 years and just pre-ordered the iPhone 5 for full retail. I completely skipped the 4s because I felt it didn't offer a substantial enough number of improvements to warrant and upgrade, contract or not.

  2. #42
    Green Apple thumper_net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    There is always a shortage of iphones to start its only an apple hype action , only problem with this type of action is the scam artists manage to sell iphones for $300 or more than they are worth , ripping off genuine people who want to own an iphone , apple could but wont stop this ebay rip off as it always needs the hype to sell iphones which is a shame for apple fans around the world who want a new iphone on day 1 but have to pay through the nose to get one

  3. #43
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sad. All this for a 2010 Android phone in drag. Granted, a 2010 Android phone would have to be on Jelly Bean to be as fluid.. but the point is still valid. Apple is starting to play catch up.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Why would you go with a copy when you could have the real thing. 
    THe SIII is far from a copy. Previous Galaxy S phones, sure, not the S III though.

    Honestly though, I LOVE Android. I can't get enough of flashing ROMs. Having said that, if this had at least a 4.3" screen, I would honestly consider switching. If anything, just for the apps. Let's be honest, I can do more, generally, with a stock Android phone then even with a Jailbroken iPhone.
    Last edited by Breezer23; 09-15-2012 at 03:12 PM.

  4. #44
    iPhone? More like MyPhone GrandMasterB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yewwwwtah!
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    I don't see any reason for any hate or why any of these people think they have to pick a side. I have both and have a sincere appreciation for both platforms and have literally for years. Right now I have my Galaxy Nexus as my main device and an iPhone 5 on the way. Sold my iPhone 4 and my DroidX2 a few weeks back in anticipation of the upcoming iPhone 5.

    It makes it incredibly difficult to participate on this site with all the unnecessary hatred spewing back and forth. It creates a very unfriendly atmosphere for everybody caught in the crossfire...

  5. #45
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 49 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
    I don't see any reason for any hate or why any of these people think they have to pick a side. I have both and have a sincere appreciation for both platforms and have literally for years. Right now I have my Galaxy Nexus as my main device and an iPhone 5 on the way. Sold my iPhone 4 and my DroidX2 a few weeks back in anticipation of the upcoming iPhone 5.

    It makes it incredibly difficult to participate on this site with all the unnecessary hatred spewing back and forth. It creates a very unfriendly atmosphere for everybody caught in the crossfire...
    You are correct. Yet the fact remains that ALOT of droid users come to this site, a Apple site, soley to bash on Apple, it's devices, and anyone who uses them. I myself do not understand their mentality, and why they feel the need to do so. I have never even considered (and never would) going to a droid forum, signing up, just to post about how horrible the devices they use are, and how stupid the people there are for using them.

    As for the iOS users (being one myself), i can understand the urge to want to defend the devices they use, and why they use/prefer them. I dont mean to point fingers, but It becomes incredibly frustrating having to deal with all of the droid users who seem to have a personal vendetta with Apple, and it's customers.
    El Zurdo

  6. #46
    What's Jailbreak? tuffy100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    Was NFC a highly wanted item?
    I'll admit it's convenient, but so is a card.
    Maybe that's just me.
    Agreed. I'm fine with fishing my wallet out

  7. #47
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    983
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 76 Times in 58 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tuffy100 View Post
    Agreed. I'm fine with fishing my wallet out
    +1

  8. #48
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Why would you go with a copy when you could have the real thing. 😊
    That's funny considering the "copy" came out BEFORE "the real thing."

    Real sad when you don't even know what it means to be a copy....

  9. #49
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,111
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 94 Times in 66 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    They always release sales figures... at the right time. Now isn't the right time.
    That doesn't make ANY sense. If they claim that they were blown away then it obviously means the sales have surpassed that of the 4S....in which case why not make the comparison in pre-order sales. Sounds like they are just trying to butter everyone up since no harm can come to Apple by releasing a possibly exaggerated verbal statement vs releasing false sales figures.

  10. #50
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,886
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 735 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    That doesn't make ANY sense. If they claim that they were blown away then it obviously means the sales have surpassed that of the 4S....in which case why not make the comparison in pre-order sales. Sounds like they are just trying to butter everyone up since no harm can come to Apple by releasing a possibly exaggerated verbal statement vs releasing false sales figures.
    How does it not make sense and how may I clarify it for you? Apple releases figures at almost every keynote presentation. The latest keynote presentation has come and gone, so we will get the figures probably at the next one.

  11. #51
    iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    189
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
    The 5 is a great phone, but this time I'll pass on the upgrade. No increase in storage....
    This is what I will never understand. I have survived off of 16gb for years, yet some people want more than 64gb phones to be available. What in gods name are y'all putting on your phones? I know plenty will full up their devices with their music collection, but is it even possible to listen to it all??

    Most of my apps / games go to my iPad because I find it easier to use on the big screen, although that's not to say I don't have any apps on my phone. I have yet to use up even half of my phones storage.

  12. #52
    iPhone? More like MyPhone GrandMasterB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yewwwwtah!
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    This is what I will never understand. I have survived off of 16gb for years, yet some people want more than 64gb phones to be available. What in gods name are y'all putting on your phones? I know plenty will full up their devices with their music collection, but is it even possible to listen to it all??

    Most of my apps / games go to my iPad because I find it easier to use on the big screen, although that's not to say I don't have any apps on my phone. I have yet to use up even half of my phones storage.
    I got really tired of having to pick and choose and manage space between music and apps on my 32GB iPhone. I plan on putting 29GB of music/video and 29GB of apps, mostly games. That's what Jobs would want. :P

  13. #53
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,886
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 735 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
    I got really tired of having to pick and choose and manage space between music and apps on my 32GB iPhone. I plan on putting 29GB of music/video and 29GB of apps, mostly games. That's what Jobs would want. :P
    I highly recommend Spotify for music. It really frees up all the unnecessary storage space usage.

  14. #54
    iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    189
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
    I got really tired of having to pick and choose and manage space between music and apps on my 32GB iPhone. I plan on putting 29GB of music/video and 29GB of apps, mostly games. That's what Jobs would want. :P
    It seems like every time a new iPhone comes out that I WANT to get, I'm unemployed lol. It seems like a curse. If I was still working I would have gotten 32gb no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I highly recommend Spotify for music. It really frees up all the unnecessary storage space usage.
    Spotify seems nice but I'm not sure about the bitrate for free users. I like CD quality music and don't want to pay $9.99 a month for that when I can just download it :P

  15. #55
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,111
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 94 Times in 66 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    How does it not make sense and how may I clarify it for you? Apple releases figures at almost every keynote presentation. The latest keynote presentation has come and gone, so we will get the figures probably at the next one.
    Sorry I still think its ridiculous. It's like me saying I'm blown away by the flavor of a particular ice cream.....have someone taste it....but then don't tell them what it is or where to get it.

    I know it's a low-tech example....but you get the idea. I'd like to SEE these figures that Apple is blown away by.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts