Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AAPL Touches New Record High on iPhone 5 Launch

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default AAPL Touches New Record High on iPhone 5 Launch

On Friday, shares of Apple reached a new all-time high.

On what was the first day of preorders for the freshly-unveiled iPhone 5, AAPL exploded to the upside trading at $696.82. If AAPL doesn't reach $700 today, it easily could early next week should weekend sales of the iPhone 5 prove to be as strong as they look to be.

As of this writing, it is believed that Apple's initial inventory of iPhone 5s for September 21st delivery is already gone. Shipping times have quickly ballooned to two-weeks and we're less than 12 hours into the preordering process.

To go along nicely with the Apple stock surge is a new bevy of compliments from leading Wall Street and tech industry analysts like Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster. On Friday, Munster chimed in on what he thinks the iPhone 5 will mean for consumers.

"We believe the sentiment around iPhone 5 was significantly better than that of the iPhone 4S," Munster said this morning. "Based on the same study by Investing Analytics, we believe that 73% of tweets about the iPhone 5 during launch day were positive compared to 51% for the iPhone 4S launch. We believe this is to be expected given the phone is redesigned while the iPhone 4S was not."

Munster calls the iPhone 5 is a veritable "Rolex" in a market full of "Timex" products and will like enjoy sales of 6 to 10 million units in the September quarter.

Source: Business Insider

Lies.........lets lure the herd in.
    Last edited by texan; 09-14-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Apple. Must be feeling good right now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post
    Where are the lies? Trolls gotta troll eh?

Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post
    Agree.....Not impressed with the new phone at all. The S3 IMHO still blows it out of the water. Jumping the Apple ship.

Lol wow... People are buying the IPhone because of the brand now... I asked half of my co-workers why are they buying the new iPhone?? They said because its the IPhone 5 with bigger screen....!!!!! It's the best phone in the world!!!! Turn by turn navigation!!! Wow!!!

All lies not impressed

anyone else wondering if the whole "2 week" shipment status isn't just a ploy to make more people pre-order TODAY? The way I see it, if you want your stocks to go up before the weekend, and you want to make a record sales day, you make people think that they are gonna be sold out that day. Then, people rush it to pre-order thinking they want to get it before the time goes to 2 months. Pretty slick idea. I hope I'm right and I actually get mine on the 21st instead of 2 weeks later, :P .

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

here we go again....hearing the same stuff over and over..

"lies"
    "not impressed"
    and the biggest one of all "the S3 is better"

cant you guys all see the stocks went up?! So if it went up then apple must be doing something right, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 14u2nv View Post
    anyone else wondering if the whole "2 week" shipment status isn't just a ploy to make more people pre-order TODAY? The way I see it, if you want your stocks to go up before the weekend, and you want to make a record sales day, you make people think that they are gonna be sold out that day. Then, people rush it to pre-order thinking they want to get it before the time goes to 2 months. Pretty slick idea. I hope I'm right and I actually get mine on the 21st instead of 2 weeks later, :P .
    market strategy

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,761 Times in 754 Posts

S3 is better huh? no one has a the new iPhone yet to even run legit tests on it to see how it compares to the S3. So i say until then you can just talk your S3 crap else where until the FACTS show what is what?

Quote Originally Posted by jmazz73 View Post
    Agree.....Not impressed with the new phone at all. The S3 IMHO still blows it out of the water. Jumping the Apple ship.
    Hope its in a dry dock!

SIII trolls need to get out. This is a forum related to Apple products.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    S3 is better huh? no one has a the new iPhone yet to even run legit tests on it to see how it compares to the S3. So i say until then you can just talk your S3 crap else where until the FACTS show what is what?
    Lets see...IOS6.. Added passbook app (whoopie), Removed the YouTube App, Facetime over 3G (There goes your data plan). The phone is taller, looks goofy. Nothing exciting about the IP5 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ThuD Muffin View Post
    I have owned the 3G, 3Gs, 4, 4S (what a waste on that one). I own two Ipods. One 2nd gen and 4th Gen. I also have an Imac and the Ipad2.. Definitely was a fan of apple but dont think the product is what it was and they are running out of ideas to produce something different.
    Last edited by jmazz73; 09-14-2012 at 01:01 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmganja View Post
    Hope its in a dry dock!
    Lmao

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,761 Times in 754 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmazz73 View Post
    Lets see...IOS6.. Added passbook app (whoopie), Removed the YouTube App, Facetime over 3G (There goes your data plan). The phone is taller, looks goofy. Nothing exciting about the IP5 IMO.

I have owned the 3G, 3Gs, 4, 4S (what a waste on that one). I own two Ipods. One 2nd gen and 4th Gen. I also have an Imac and the Ipad2.. Definitely was a fan of apple but dont think the product is what it was and they are running out of ideas to produce something different.
    So you have owned all that Apple stuff from the past and you only join this website last yr and you only have 5 postings? Sound like BS to me and your just trolling!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThuD Muffin View Post
    yea i never undestand that. if youre gonna use or currently using the s3. why are you here? this is apple products.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BloodNreaper View Post
    Lol wow... People are buying the IPhone because of the brand now... I asked half of my co-workers why are they buying the new iPhone?? They said because its the IPhone 5 with bigger screen....!!!!! It's the best phone in the world!!!! Turn by turn navigation!!! Wow!!!
    You act as if buying something because of the brand is a bad thing. There are plenty of items that I will go with a certain brand regardless of if an alternative may be superior in SOME aspects because that brand has built a reputation for the quality of its products. While the galaxy is no slouch, the built quality of the iPhones is second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhudson View Post
    yea i never undestand that. if youre gonna use or currently using the s3. why are you here? this is apple products.
    Never felt the need to post thats all. Didn't realize I had to consume 8 hrs a day posting (probably like you) to be cool. I agree that Apple is great at marketing and the reason I am sure the stock prices went up. I dont think IMO, Ill say again, IMO that the IP5 is great. No real changes and YES, I do own all those products and forgot to add my airport base station. BTW, the "DRY DOCK" Comment,, The S3 is waterproof LOL.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    So you have owned all that Apple stuff from the past and you only join this website last yr and you only have 5 postings? Sound like BS to me and your just trolling!!
    Just cuz he doesn't live on a forum means nothing. I've had all those except the 4S and all the iPads. I probably have maybe a handful more posts than him, so that's a pointless statement.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Where's the lie? The stock did go up, the product did sell out.

1. Why are you so bothered that someone else bought an iPhone?
    2. How does that change your life or day at all?
    3. Why are you bothered by any company being successful and making a product that people other than you like?
    4. The S3 is nice "as well."

I guess I don't completely understand why it makes you guys so angry, when you don't have to even be bothered with it. Someone calls their mom on you their own phone and you have a fit about it. I don't get it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast