+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AAPL Touches New Record High on iPhone 5 Launch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
mhhh it would solve everyone's problem of they just sold their recent idevice to be used towards the newer model. I have to do this since I don't like to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

mhhh it would solve everyone's problem of they just sold their recent idevice to be used towards the newer model. I have to do this since I don't like to waste money on a new device while having a good device being the 4S. I'd rather sell the old for the new. But that's my opinion cause really the iPhone 5 wasn't that much of an upgrade but for some reason Apple still keeps winning with these minor upgrades.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    So you have owned all that Apple stuff from the past and you only join this website last yr and you only have 5 postings? Sound like BS to me and your just trolling!!
    +1

What's Jailbreak? Soldierboykillm's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BloodNreaper View Post
    Lol wow... People are buying the IPhone because of the brand now... I asked half of my co-workers why are they buying the new iPhone?? They said because its the IPhone 5 with bigger screen....!!!!! It's the best phone in the world!!!! Turn by turn navigation!!! Wow!!!
    Honestly it boils down to user preference.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soldierboykillm View Post
    ^Thank goodness, someone has some common sense around here

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmazz73 View Post
    Never felt the need to post thats all. Didn't realize I had to consume 8 hrs a day posting (probably like you) to be cool. I agree that Apple is great at marketing and the reason I am sure the stock prices went up. I dont think IMO, Ill say again, IMO that the IP5 is great. No real changes and YES, I do own all those products and forgot to add my airport base station. BTW, the "DRY DOCK" Comment,, The S3 is waterproof LOL.

uhh okay?, who cares anyways? youre just here dumping on the iphone 5. good job?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ferris419's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets see...IOS6.. Added passbook app (whoopie), Removed the YouTube App, Facetime over 3G (There goes your data plan). The phone is taller, looks goofy. Nothing exciting about the IP5 IMO.

I have owned the 3G, 3Gs, 4, 4S (what a waste on that one). I own two Ipods. One 2nd gen and 4th Gen. I also have an Imac and the Ipad2.. Definitely was a fan of apple but dont think the product is what it was and they are running out of ideas to produce something different.
    And your gonna end up with an iPhone 5 just face it already

Thanks

Who the eff is coppin the 5? Seriously, I have 0 interest in this phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Xiavia View Post
    Obviously a lot of people ..... Lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

While I agree, I have no interest in the iPhone 5, a lot will buy it. Some are going from the 3GS which would be a huge improvement. Those that have a 4 ok maybe, 4S waste of money to upgrade. That is my opinion. Doesn't mean I will talk trash about the person that is upgrading. Their money, their choice.

@jrhudson, Do you think everyone on modmyi only uses Apple products? A lot of us use different devices, from companies other than Apple. So maybe that's why they are here. It's not unthinkable that someone has both a S3 and a iPhone...I use both iOS & Android devices daily.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

Thanks
    All yall apple haters get off this site man yall just hating cuz yall cant afford an apple product just go get yo lil S3 and stop complaining!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soldierboykillm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trek-life View Post
    ^Thank goodness, someone has some common sense around here
    That's it!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPodTouch149 View Post
    All yall apple haters get off this site man yall just hating cuz yall cant afford an apple product just go get yo lil S3 and stop complaining!
    Apple fans want to use "can't afford it" when somebody doesn't like a Apple product. So they can afford a S3, but not a iPhone that is the same price. Makes perfect sense.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    Y'all? Yo? Either you're a ghetto black guy or hill billy but maybe you should spend your money on learning grammar instead of your iPod touches.

Seems like this response was more uncalled for than the idiotic statement it responded to. Apparently, both of you have a lot to learn

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I don't get the people that just want to say "If you don't love Apple then leave!". This USED to be a tech site about iPhone mods and hacks and it's turned into some strange fanboy defense mechanism. From a technical aspect there is nothing amazing about the new iPhone. Software-wise it's basically the same as the 4s. If you want a bigger screen for $200-400, or whatever the price ranges are, then go for it. Why bash the people that don't understand the relevance of the device though? Kind of childish and catty. Some people actually like to use forums for discussion, debate, and the exchange of ideas/experiences, not just to blindly praise a company that only wants your money.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Me......

I've have both the IP4S and a Galaxy Note. (Prior to that I had the SII, which I kept a little over 1 month. I thought it would solve me lack of a 4S jailbreak itch). It was just two similar, yet inferior for my needs, to the iPhone 4S, so it got the boot.
    The first month I had the Note, I carried both phones around with me (two separate numbers). I couldn't be without my iPhone. Second month I got a sim adapter and put my primary number sim in the Note, to be forced to use it realistically as my daily device. That lastest about 3 weeks and then I started back using my iphone as my primary phone and carrying around the Note for show and note taking. This went on until May when the 4S untethered Jailbreak became available. After that it was a wrap and the Note has been trapped in my work bag ever since, only seeing occasional internet and email usage or as a remote for my Samsung LED.

My point is I've tried for almost 1 year, started last summer with the Galaxy tab to compare with my ipad 2, to really like and use Android/Samsung products. (The tab was returned within 30 days-best buy return policy..ha). The entire Android/Samsung experience just has not worked out for me. They are nice products and they look great, but android just proved to be a headache for me. Will I upgrade to the IP5 yes, why? Well, because Apple is finally giving me everything that I wanted in a phone (LTE, somewhat of a bigger screen, and faster wifi that will finally work flawlessly with my Apple TV, all the apps I still know and love (not to mention spent a small fortune on, without a lot of fluff and unnecessary software/bloatware. I'm probably going to go through withdrawals until a jailbreak is available, but I'll live with it. I am disappointed in the lack of tru inovation by apple, bc it does still look almost the same as it did before (4 and 4S). Honestly I've not found anything else that fits my needs better. Now I just need to decide if I really want to pay $400 to get locked into another 2 year contract and keep both lines. Or upgrade my original number for full price....OUCH!!!! I hate you Apple for making mediocre products that may not have the flash and big screens like others, but dammit you know how to make a great phone that provides people with what they want.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ripped53 For This Useful Post:

hispasat (09-15-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BIMPtacular View Post
    I don't get the people that just want to say "If you don't love Apple then leave!". This USED to be a tech site about iPhone mods and hacks and it's turned into some strange fanboy defense mechanism. From a technical aspect there is nothing amazing about the new iPhone. Software-wise it's basically the same as the 4s. If you want a bigger screen for $200-400, or whatever the price ranges are, then go for it. Why bash the people that don't understand the relevance of the device though? Kind of childish and catty. Some people actually like to use forums for discussion, debate, and the exchange of ideas/experiences, not just to blindly praise a company that only wants your money.
    I'll agree with that, if you believe that everything said concerning "insert said product" is constructive, critical and meant for forward discussion. I don't get that from 90% of the post on here. Also, the tech and mod portion of this site are still going strong.

That being said. I see why Apple isn't going for homeruns. I think a lot of phones out there have pointless tech crammed into them. I'd rather have something that improves on the general things that I use, works well and has focuses on being a solid product. It comes down to user preference, that's about it.

Thanks

Everyone keeps saying the iPhone 5 doesn't have anything that's "new and impressive" what are you people expecting? Im really confused as to what you expect to get out of a phone? What do these other devices that you speak of do that the iPhone 5 doesn't do that's so "new and impressive" ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone 5 is not just a larger screen. I keep hearing people saying this.
    - 4" Screen
    - A6 processor (best in the industry) I can't wait for benchmark tests!
    - LTE without loosing battery life!
    - Improved audio over 4s

Reason why I like my iPhones:
    - Ease of use, my 3 yr old knows how to navigate it. She can take pictures and view them, and plays multiple games. She can do all this from lock screen.
    - Quality product (software and hardware)
    - 100,000+ apps. I have an investment $300+ including music.

NFC - So what stores actually support this? I can honestly say I am not aware of ANY, unless I'm seeing it and not knowing what it is.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Never felt the need to post thats all. Didn't realize I had to consume 8 hrs a day posting (probably like you) to be cool. I agree that Apple is great at marketing and the reason I am sure the stock prices went up. I dont think IMO, Ill say again, IMO that the IP5 is great. No real changes and YES, I do own all those products and forgot to add my airport base station. BTW, the "DRY DOCK" Comment,, The S3 is waterproof LOL.
    Nah he's right, you seem full of it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    - A6 processor (best in the industry) I can't wait for benchmark tests!
    You have some proof of this or you are just talking out of your a**?
    I've yet to see a benchmark posted...seems that you are all-knowing...