Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Preorders Open at Midnight Tonight

Am I in the minority waiting for reviews and a jailbreak on iOS 6?

Best way to order the iphone 5 for At&t without a contract? yes ill pay full price I just dont want to renew my contract this year.
    **Currently using iPhone 4S**
    Colt AR-15 W/ Magpul OD Green 3GS iPhone case

i just want to know if i will be able to pre-order just the phone w/o the contract tonight/morning because thats what I'm wanting (i know im crazy for spending close to 800 on a phone)

Quote Originally Posted by prknight View Post
    i just want to know if i will be able to pre-order just the phone w/o the contract tonight/morning because thats what i'm wanting (i know im crazy for spending close to 800 on a phone)
    same here!!!
    **Currently using iPhone 4S**
    Colt AR-15 W/ Magpul OD Green 3GS iPhone case

Quote Originally Posted by Sicmaro View Post
    same here!!!
    Same here. Buying the phone full price. Ouch. I'll be setting and alarm for 245am.

I'll be waiting for jailbreak iOS 6 too before I get 5. And I'll order factory unlocked. No contract. Better deals out there now. Difference saved between phone at retail versus contract reduced price, on monthly bill with company like StraightTalk will pay for itself in 13 months.

Also remember you can get phone same day as preorder people if you go to AT&T/Verizon/Sprint stores - never any lines on day 1. Apple stores have lines for standalone stores. Shorter lines in mall stores. But everyone can get iPhone 5 on 9/21, preorder or in store.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-13-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Wish I could get one my contract is up but can't upgrade or I will lose my unlimited data they told me I have to buy the phone at full price 650 is fckn ridiculous so I guess I'm screwed

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    Am I in the minority waiting for reviews and a jailbreak on iOS 6?
    That's exactly what I'm doing!

So are the phones shipping out on the 21st? Wonder if they will ship out earlier like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I'll be waiting for jailbreak iOS 6 too before I get 5. And I'll order factory unlocked. No contract. Better deals out there now. Difference saved between phone at retail versus contract reduced price, on monthly bill with company like StraightTalk will pay for itself in 13 months.

Also remember you can get phone same day as preorder people if you go to AT&T/Verizon/Sprint stores - never any lines on day 1. Apple stores have lines for standalone stores. Shorter lines in mall stores. But everyone can get iPhone 5 on 9/21, preorder or in store.

Don't know if I wanna take that chance humm wait til the 21st to find a phone in store. Or pre order now. Are the phones shipping out on the 21st? Or will they arrive to your home by then?

So if their is no exploit there will be no jailbreak?
    Last edited by mlee19841; 09-13-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    So are the phones shipping out on the 21st? Wonder if they will ship out earlier like last year.

Don't know if I wanna take that chance humm wait til the 21st to find a phone in store. Or pre order now. Are the phones shipping out on the 21st? Or will they arrive to your home by then?

Pre-orders arrive at your home
    On the 21st

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait

Im skipping out on this one this time. After having iphone since 2007 this was a let down for me, so im going to try out an S3 instead. Maybe iPhone 6....

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    They arrive at house ON 21st - and in ample supply at all stores ON 21st. It's been this way for every iPhone ever released as a pre-order.

Read above. On 21st - preorder will arrive at homes (unless problems with FedEx which DID happen to MANY with the 4S) - AND in all stores on 21st. No worries of any kind about ample suppy. White phones run out first - but Apple Store near Philly didn't run out of any 4S version on Day 1 last year.

There is NO exploit for iOS 6 or A6 devices - and won't be for quite some time. I predict maybe Christmas. So you'll be livin' without a jailbreak for quite some time. :-(.. That's one big reason I'm not switching yet. All people with iPhone 4 always have a bootrom exploit that will let them jailbreak any iOS. So people with iPhone 4 and iOS6 can jailbreak with Redsnow immediately. 4S tethered jailbreak of iOS6 will likely be out before iP5 jailbreak. But that's just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    Pre-orders arrive at your home
    On the 21st
    And in all stores in ample supply same day. Pre-orders and store units equally arrive same day. People who go into stores on day 1 of release actually are the first to use new iPhones since FedEx ships 'early afternoon' for Apple products.

If you're crazy like me....reserving an iPhone and picking it up early on the day (21st) isn't all that bad. Did that with the 3GS and the 4 and it was a breeze. Waiting in line for about 1.5 hours and I was out of there with my phone, even made it to work on time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

heres some info for at&t customers and people who wants to buy them off contract and unlocked:

"To give prices for these different upgrade levels:
    Full upgrade eligibility: $199, 299, 399. (already fullfilled there upgrade date)
    Partial upgrade eligibility: $449, 549, 649. (Close to their upgrade date)
    No upgrade eligibility (and unlocked iPhone 5/without contract): $649, 749, 849."
    Last edited by mindblown; 09-13-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HTheory View Post
    If you're crazy like me....reserving an iPhone and picking it up early on the day (21st) isn't all that bad. Did that with the 3GS and the 4 and it was a breeze. Waiting in line for about 1.5 hours and I was out of there with my phone, even made it to work on time.
    3 PM to 6 PM on the 21st there will be no lines anywhere. :-) it's all about perspective, people. :-)
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Can't wait to get a different dock connector and slightly different-shaped earbuds.

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    Just called my AT&T rep today 9/13/12 and they took my order and my credit card info and said they had staff that was comming in tonight to place orders and I could pick them up at 8:00am Friday morning .
    hmm, i think ill try this.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhudson View Post
    Let us know what happens

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrhudson View Post
    Tonight at 2am they told me

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast