+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hilarious Video: People Tricked Into Thinking iPhone 4S is the iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Being that the iPhone 5 was officially announced yesterday afternoon, many have found it to be an opportune time to use the situation to their advantage. This morning, a hilarious
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Hilarious Video: People Tricked Into Thinking iPhone 4S is the iPhone 5

Being that the iPhone 5 was officially announced yesterday afternoon, many have found it to be an opportune time to use the situation to their advantage.

This morning, a hilarious video by Jimmy Kimmel (ABC) made it to YouTube where an experiment was performed asking random people on the street to take a look at Apple's new iPhone 5. Little did they know, the device was actually the iPhone 4S. Even more funny were the responses from the people asked to look at it. They not only legitimately believed it was the iPhone 5, but they made uneducated comments inferring that the iPhone 4S was actually better than... you guessed it... the iPhone 4S.

The comments ranged from saying: the screen was bigger, the device was thinner, the device weighs less, and the device was faster. They are all embarrassingly false due to the fact that their minds were tricked into believing the iPhone 4S in the shot was actually the iPhone 5. Some even pulled out their own iPhones to compare the two side-by-side and were still tricked.

Kimmel pokes fun at the poor souls that were tricked, stating that the iPhone 5 was announced, but has not even been released yet. This fact, along with some common sense, should invoke the conclusion that there is no iPhone 5 to be seen at this point in time, but unfortunately it didn't.

So what was it that caused the victims to claim the iPhone “5” was faster and lighter? – Several variables could have tricked them. For example, one iPhone may have been running on a cellular network that was faster than the other and gave the illusion that it was actually quicker. Maybe the fact that some of the victims were using cases on their iPhones gave the illusion that the case-less iPhone “5” was lighter.

Was the experiment cruel or just downright funny? You decide.

As ModMyi posted in March, Apple fans also had a hard time distinguishing between the iPad 2 and the new iPad (see more here).

Sources: YouTube via Gizmodo

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (09-13-2012), itsTrentB (09-13-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,620 Times in 5,899 Posts

Good stuff Antony, lmao.

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

damn

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I get if you don't have an iPhone and you just play along mindlessly, but seriously that guy at the end has a 4S too lol. I guess in his head, since the 4 and 4S look the same, he figures the 5 looks the same too.

But the whole it's lighter and thinner thing...I dunno haha. That's a funny vid, I love Jimmy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The variable that made them think it was better was that they just mindlessly buy whatever comes out. If Apple made it, it must be better somehow. :/

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

I posted this on my wall but didnt think it funny but more sad.

Thanks

only 5K views, but over 12K likes and 2K comments?? WTF??

Dude at 0:57 = thinner Hulk Hogan lololol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    The variable that made them think it was better was that they just mindlessly buy whatever comes out. If Apple made it, it must be better somehow. :/
    And those are the people who make others that have legitimate reason for choosing Apple products look like mindless worshippers. It's embarrassing. Just like people who buy MacBooks just bc they look nice and appear as if they have money bc they own one. There are people who like OS X for good reason, not just to have a good looking laptop. So embarrassing and frustrating.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow, Apple users are not really bright. It does look the same though its just taller. Smh.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    +1 You would hope these were the 5 percent that didn't realize there was nothing different that they put in the clip. It does explain how Apple holds back every year on what they could do and only makes slight updates and still sells a sh!t load of phones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1shuttle1 View Post
    +1 You would hope these were the 5 percent that didn't realize there was nothing different that they put in the clip. It does explain how Apple holds back every year on what they could do and only makes slight updates and still sells a sh!t load of phones.
    Wow I think I have to agree. Apple really can do so much better. It's a selling strategy. Release phones with enough upgrades to satisfy but doesn't reach the full potential of today's technology, which is done intentionally. That way people crave for something, and when Apple comes out with it people get excited and compulsively buy. I was hoping since when the iP4 came out it looked so different from the 3GS/3G that the new iPhone 5 would have a much different look than the 4S/4.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The people just like all of you are SHEEPLE. That is the only reason the iPhone is still around. BAH BAH BAH

Thanks

Lmao

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

This reminds me of when Jay Leno set out and asked people how they felt about Sarah Palin being Obama's running mate...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    The people just like all of you are SHEEPLE. That is the only reason the iPhone is still around. BAH BAH BAH
    So why is your dumb *** here on an Apple forum making fun of Apple fans? Get lost!

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DontBeJealous View Post
    So why is your dumb *** here on an Apple forum making fun of Apple fans? Get lost!
    Exactly.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    What a sad person. Sheeple?? Really? That's the best you could do?

This all seems so juvenile to me. This whole "it's super cool, it's the best, it's mine, I love it!! Oh wait, now everyone likes it....It sucks now! It's not the same as before, I'm to cool for it now that so many people love it too!".

It's the same mentality CHILDREN have with their favorite music. They feel like they are better then all these NEW fans. They feel like they don't stand out anymore, they dont feel special anymore now that EVERYONE has a iPhone. It's pathetic really...

If you rely on your PHONE to stand out in public or in your circle of friends...You should be learning how to become a more interesting, intelligent person...not coming to Apple forums to try and fill your thirst to stand out and be "different". Guitar maybe?
    El Zurdo

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Even with the iPhone 5, Apple has hit a design plateau. They've hit it with the MacBooks, iMacs, Mac Pro too. None have changed significantly in the last few years or more.
    And you know what? That's perfectly fine with me. I care more about what's on the inside of the device. A 3+ year old design is still looking very very nice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Even with the iPhone 5, Apple has hit a design plateau. They've hit it with the MacBooks, iMacs, Mac Pro too. None have changed significantly in the last few years or more.
    And you know what? That's perfectly fine with me. I care more about what's on the inside of the device. A 3+ year old design is still looking very very nice.
    Word... They have a nice product with the iPhone and I'm fine with it if even if the next 2-3 generations are the same size and shape as the newest release... If its got a faster processor, more capabilities and more memory each time I will be satisfied... I kinda hoped that some of the leaked info and photos the past few months wasn't really what would be released... Now that it's confirmed as to how the next few years of iPhones will be packaged I'm cool with it... I will just wait until a jailbreak is available and all my essential and favorite tweaks & mods are updated for use on the 5 runnin 6.0... I can wait a while... I'm still happy with my 4 just so long as it's Jailbroken... That's the big draw to me: The jailbreak community...

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    Word... They have a nice product with the iPhone and I'm fine with it if even if the next 2-3 generations are the same size and shape as the newest release... If its got a faster processor, more capabilities and more memory each time I will be satisfied... I kinda hoped that some of the leaked info and photos the past few months wasn't really what would be released... Now that it's confirmed as to how the next few years of iPhones will be packaged I'm cool with it... I will just wait until a jailbreak is available and all my essential and favorite tweaks & mods are updated for use on the 5 runnin 6.0... I can wait a while... I'm still happy with my 4 just so long as it's Jailbroken... That's the big draw to me: The jailbreak community...
    Same here. In no rush to get it, will be waiting for a confirmed jailbreak. I am actually much more excited to play around on a liberated iOS 6 on my 4s and 3rd gen iPad then i am rushing out and buying a jailed i5. Don't get me wrong, def looking forward to having a i5 in my hands...The possibilities of this beauty jailbroken with iOS 6...awesome.
    El Zurdo