+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Developer Version of redsn0w Updated With Support for iOS 6 Golden Master

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Developer Version of Redsn0w Updated With Support for iOS 6 Golden Master

iOS 6 will be out on September 19th and the Golden Master version of iOS 6 launched just yesterday, but the quickly-approaching release date doesn’t keep the iPhone Dev Team from staying on top of things. The developer version of redsn0w has been updated to beta 4 today with support for the Golden Master version of iOS 6. Since iOS 6 Golden Master is for developers only, so is the developer version of redsn0w.

Since this version of redsn0w is for developers only, it will not install the graphical user interface we know as Cydia on the device; instead, it will install an SSH tool so developers can transfer necessary files from a computer to his or her iOS 6 Golden Master device. This is useful for developers that want to make sure their jailbreak tweaks or jailbreak applications are iOS 6-ready.

The iOS 6 Golden Master jailbreak, like all other iOS 6 jailbreaks to date, is currently tethered and relies on the Limera1n exploit available in A4 devices such as the iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G (the original iPad also has the A4 chip, but it does not support iOS 6 so it is not included). The tool also supports the iPhone 3GS. Being tethered means that you will have to connect your device to your computer and run redsn0w's tethered boot function every time that you reboot the device.

The updated redsn0w jailbreak tool can be downloaded for both Mac OS X and Windows; Windows users will want to run the tool as an administrator. Download links are included below:

Sources: iPhone Dev Team Blog

Thanks
    Is there a way to get this on a second generation iPad without having your UDID registered as developer?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I wonder how long it will take the iPhone 5 with the A6 chip to Jailbreak. I can imagine it will take months and months ....

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Time will tell

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by digzz View Post
    I wonder how long it will take the iPhone 5 with the A6 chip to Jailbreak. I can imagine it will take months and months ....
    Honestly it shouldn't. Isn't that basically what the iPad 3 has with it's A5x chip. It didn't take too long to find that so if we find the A5/A5x exploit we can find the A6 exploit pretty fast too. Not to mention that the jailbreak devs are insanely smart with that stuff.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maximvd View Post
    Is there a way to get this on a second generation iPad without having your UDID registered as developer?
    it doesn't require a dev account. i just installed 6 gm on my 4s and back to 5.1.1 today. it will install.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by digzz View Post
    The sooner the better. I will get the iPhone 5 the VERY SAME DAY it gets jailbroken.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GTRagnarok View Post
    The sooner the better. I will get the iPhone 5 the VERY SAME DAY it gets jailbroken.
    Me too! I really hope this happens soon....

Although, I'm also worried about how many of my Cydia apps will be both 6.0 and iPhone 5 compatible....

But I am praying the jb for the 5 will be here ASAP

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Golden Master?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Honestly it shouldn't. Isn't that basically what the iPad 3 has with it's A5x chip. It didn't take too long to find that so if we find the A5/A5x exploit we can find the A6 exploit pretty fast too. Not to mention that the jailbreak devs are insanely smart with that stuff.
    I don't know where you got this idea. But, fyi, A5 and A5x use ARM Cortex 9 Chip, thou A5x has better GPU built-in. However, A6 is using next gen Cortex A15 chip which none living on earth, except owner ARM and Apple, has seen it. Not even Sammy.
    Last edited by blueberry27; 09-13-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: correction

Thanks
    Thanked 1,604 Times in 778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    FYI, the jailbreak for the iPad 3 IS NOT a hardware exploit...it's a software exploit in iOS 5!

We haven't heard of a software exploit in iOS 6, therefore, no jailbreak for users other than A4 devices (cuz that's a hardware exploit)...
    Last edited by thazsar; 09-13-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks

Will iPod Touch 4G 5.1.1 Get iOS 6?

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wiipro View Post
    Will iPod Touch 4G 5.1.1 Get iOS 6?
    Yes the iPod touch 4G supports iOS 6; however, you will lose iOS 5.1.1 when you upgrade to iOS 6.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Time will tell
    Hackers still depending on limera1n lol

The 4S took forever for an untether! & there is no way to go back to prev FW, so if I accidently update to iOS6, then I will lose my 5.1.1 JB forever! (no tether option)

Why? Because hackers have not been able to find a new limera1n type exploit for the A5

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    FYI, the jailbreak for the iPad 3 IS NOT a hardware exploit...it's a software exploit in iOS 5!

We haven't heard of a software exploit in iOS 6, therefore, no jailbreak for users other than A4 devices (cuz that's a hardware exploit)...
    Exactly!! Let's hope Geohot comes back with an A5 hardware exploit!! I'm not impressed with iph5, so all I want is a iOS6 JB for my 4S!!
    Last edited by Adrian97c; 09-13-2012 at 08:19 PM.