+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unfold 2.0 Goes Live in Cydia

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you remember Unfold by iOS developer Jonas Gessner , then you also remember that it is a free jailbreak tweak that brings an unfolding animation to the lock screen
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Unfold 2.0 Goes Live in Cydia

If you remember Unfold by iOS developer Jonas Gessner, then you also remember that it is a free jailbreak tweak that brings an unfolding animation to the lock screen rather than just having the boring unlock slider. The unfolding animation is super slick and smooth and looks amazing. Today, version 2.0 of Unfold has gone live in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Version 2.0 of Unfold brings us a new vertical version of the animation, in addition to the already existing side-to-side animation. What's more is we get the option to choose the amount of slices in the folding animation. All of these options are housed inside of Unfold's preferences pane, which is found within the Settings application, as shown below:

From the preferences pane, you will be able to enable and disable the tweak on demand and choose to enable or disable the vertical version of the animation. At any time that the vertical animation is turned off, the horizontal animation will be effective (unless the tweak is disabled entirely). Picking the number of slices (4 by default) in the fold is done by tapping on the up or down arrows – you can have as little as 1 slice or as many as 10. Under this, you can change the text in the slider bar to anything you would like. The best part is, you don’t even need to respring to save any changes you make.

Other smaller updates to Unfold include having semi-rewritten code, smoother animations, bug fixes, and a brand new icon for the preferences pane cell in the Settings application.

Having the ability to not only pick between a horizontal or vertical animation, but also the ability to pick the amount of slices you want in the animation is a pretty cool update. Unfold, as once a free tweak, continues to be a free tweak after the 2.0 update. This means newcomers can try the tweak out and current owners can also grab the update and try it out with no strings attached. Unfold does not work with the iPad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

This would be so fun to use on an iPad with the smart cover.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

I love this tweak!

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Love this tweak myself

iPhone? More like MyPhone Trimo's Avatar
    Thanks

Does it still crash when having Unlockize also installed ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trimo View Post
    Does it still crash when having Unlockize also installed ?
    Not sure. I generally don't install more than one unlock animation tweak at once because I like to pick one over the other.

Thanks

Does it work with IntelliScreenX yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just put it on my old 3GS; it's beautiful! I like the "gate-swinging" of the 1 setting. I removed all the text and am left with just the arrow. Now if I could just find a tweak to remove that...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Trimo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Not sure. I generally don't install more than one unlock animation tweak at once because I like to pick one over the other.
    By installing I didn't mean enabling both at the same time. I have two other lock effects tweaks installed but not enabled that don't crash the phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trimo View Post
    By installing I didn't mean enabling both at the same time. I have two other lock effects tweaks installed but not enabled that don't crash the phone.
    I did not mean enabling both at the same time either. I just see no point in installing two tweaks that have the same purpose: changing lock screen animations. I would pick one over the other and if I got tired of it, uninstall it and install a new one.

Thanks

I always wanted the option to disable the fold to unlock text, or change it, before I wasn't able to, I know it was possible, I've seen it but couldn't figure out how, and also I though having the horizontal fold is good for unlocking and having a vertical fold is good for the camera, seems like that's how it should be