Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Starts Reminding Developers to Ready Their Apps for iOS 6

Default Apple Starts Reminding Developers to Ready Their Apps for iOS 6

iOS 6 golden master was launched to developers today, signaling that iOS 6's public release is near – Apple has promised the launch date for the public to be September 19th. With the launch date being so near, it’s important that developers make sure their applications are compatible with the newest iOS update because many users are going to be updating to the new firmware the day it is launched.

Apple is reaching out to developers, making sure that their applications are ready for not only iOS 6, but also for the iPhone 5’s taller display. Developers are expected to test their applications in the latest Xcode 4.5 and submit them to the App Store so Apple can get the updates live as soon as possible to make the transition to iOS 6 as seamless as possible for users:

Apple's reminder for developers to update applications includes asking developers to "integrate sharing capabilities for Facebook; explore new camera APIs and new features for Reminders, In-App Purchase, and Game Center to create your best iOS apps yet...submit your apps today."

Developers have everything they need to get started. From the developer center on Apple’s Web site, they will find the iOS 6 golden master seed and the latest version of Xcode to get their applications updated and tested. Any applications that are not updated for iOS 6 and the iPhone 5 may end up displaying things oddly, crashing, or displaying in the older 960x640 resolution, which doesn’t look as good as using the whole 4-inch display to its advantage.

Sources: Apple

A week ain't really a lot of time lol

Thanks

Default New specs could make for some fun updates
    Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    Not at all but this does mean that some of our favorite apps are going to get updates. If I was an app designer I would see this as the perfect time for improvements and additions! I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    It isn't, that why iOS betas have been available for developers since June.

Quote Originally Posted by blwallace5 View Post
    It isn't, that why iOS betas have been available for developers since June.
    True but even for ios 5 a lot of apps still took months to update! Bet it's the same this time

Nope
    Last edited by Bealebe; 09-13-2012 at 07:18 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bealebe View Post
    So I suppose the jailbreak will be out shortly after this?
    Wow.....that's all I'm saying

Quote Originally Posted by Bealebe View Post
    So I suppose the jailbreak will be out shortly after this?
    -1 dude. How about you take the time and develop a jailbreak. Let us hound you for an immediate release... It's people like you that drive the devs to say eff this and walk away.