Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS 6 Dropping September 19, Golden Master Released to Developers

  1. #1
    Default iOS 6 Dropping September 19, Golden Master Released to Developers


    With today’s exciting announcement of the iPhone 5, it’s hard not to make mention of the software that gets put into the devices prior to being shipped to the customer – iOS 6. iOS 6 is Apple’s latest operating system for iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches and it is coming to the public September 19th. It has been in beta since the summer and it brings more than 200 new features to iOS devices including a new Maps application, Facebook integration, and Facetime over cellular networks.

    While the public release is finally coming for everybody on September 19th, Apple has launched the golden master of iOS 6 to developers today. The golden master is the version of the iOS firmware that is released just before the public release, where Apple sends developers a test copy of what is expected to be as close to the public release as possible. It also gives the company a chance to squash any last-minute bugs.

    The golden master of iOS 6 is available from Apple’s developer portal and it brings today's announced Panorama feature to the iPhone 4S – this feature will be coming with the iPhone 5 too, but the iPhone 4 was left out of the fun being that it is now the low-end iPhone superseding the iPhone 3GS. Jailbreak tweaks have been able to enable this feature on the iPhone 4 in the past, so it’s likely this will happen again.

    When released, iOS 6 will be compatible with:
    • iPhone 3GS
    • iPhone 4
    • iPhone 4S
    • iPhone 5
    • iPad 2
    • The new iPad
    • iPod touch 4G
    • iPod touch 5G


    Sources: Apple
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-12-2012 at 04:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,441
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    It's beyond obnoxious that the iPhone 3GS is supported but the original iPad is not.
    The iPod Touch gen 3 should be included also, if the 3GS will run it, then everything since should also.

    Anywho, I'll be waiting for Jailbreak before touching iOS 6
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 09-12-2012 at 04:26 PM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

    cpotoso (09-12-2012)

  4. #3
    Bout to try out GM version.

  5. #4
    No OTA? Where do we get it?

  6. #5
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,595
    Thanks
    6,868
    Thanked 15,287 Times in 7,012 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    No OTA? Where do we get it?
    dev center

  7. #6
    Installs fine here on my 4S. No registration of any kind needed.

    Wait... iPad 1 can't run it, but the 3GS can? The f***?

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    It's beyond obnoxious that the iPhone 3GS is supported but the original iPad is not.
    The iPod Touch gen 3 should be included also, if the 3GS will run it, then everything since should also.

    Anywho, I'll be waiting for Jailbreak before touching iOS 6
    actually the iPod Touch gen 3 has the same structure as the Iphone 3g, that is why it won't be supported.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to rcm For This Useful Post:

    feidhlim1986 (09-13-2012)

  10. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 92 Times in 48 Posts

    We can put this on our phone now? Anyone have a link?

  11. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fresno, Calli
    Posts
    1,940
    Thanks
    2,600
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 723 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xyojimbox View Post
    We can put this on our phone now? Anyone have a link?
    Need to have a app dev account thru Apple to download the GM seed. Other than that you have to wait till the 19th next week to upgrade to IOS 6

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mydarkblueshirt View Post
    Installs fine here on my 4S. No registration of any kind needed.

    Wait... iPad 1 can't run it, but the 3GS can? The f***?
    i can confirm the same. updated from iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak to iOS 6 GM from itunes 10.7.
    happy updating

    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Need to have a app dev account thru Apple to download the GM seed. Other than that you have to wait till the 19th next week to upgrade to IOS 6
    use google for the link to ios 6 GM and NO you DONT need a developer account from apple to update to iOS 6 GM from iOS 5.1.1(jailbroken)
    Last edited by master_va; 09-12-2012 at 06:54 PM.

  13. #11
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fresno, Calli
    Posts
    1,940
    Thanks
    2,600
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 723 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by master_va View Post
    use google for the link to ios 6 GM and NO you DONT need a developer account from apple to update to iOS 6 GM from iOS 5.1.1(jailbroken)
    Well good for you then!

  14. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    170
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Not even gonna upgrade on my IPT4 probably.

  15. #13
    can you change the APN on the GM release??? I have a 3GS on straighttalk wireless...

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by xyojimbox View Post
    We can put this on our phone now? Anyone have a link?
    Technically the link cannot be shared on the site because it still is a dev only account link.

  17. #15
    [QUOTE=jtsdad;6675782]can you change the APN on the GM release??? I have a 3GS on straighttalk wireless...[/QUOTE
    Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone

  18. #16
    That didnt fully work on Beta 4, is it working now? Data and MMS?

  19. #17
    using iOS 6 on my iPhone 4 and iPad 3, not really impressed with the updates. What a let down

  20. #18
    I'm not seeing photo sharing?

    Edit: You have to enable in settings.
    Last edited by jwil736; 09-12-2012 at 07:47 PM.

  21. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    using iOS 6 on my iPhone 4 and iPad 3, not really impressed with the updates. What a let down
    sadly ios updates have never been that great, since ios1 the biggest change has been the notification center and background wallpaper

  22. #20
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,595
    Thanks
    6,868
    Thanked 15,287 Times in 7,012 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    sadly ios updates have never been that great, since ios1 the biggest change has been the notification center and background wallpaper
    I think 2.0 introducing the app store would easily be the biggest change in an iOS update.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •