Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6 Dropping September 19, Golden Master Released to Developers

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I think 2.0 introducing the app store would easily be the biggest change in an iOS update.
    true, but app store has only had 2 updates since, and mostly cosmetic

Quote Originally Posted by jtsdad View Post
    That didnt fully work on Beta 4, is it working now? Data and MMS?
    TBH I do not know, just thought I would offer it as a suggestion.
    Though it has changed considerably recently (not sure how recently) so I presume it is possible that it will be addressed now that the final beta has been released

Banned
    Thanks

I just noticed they have now killed off the iPad 1 but the 3GS is still going....
    And dont forget like usual most things wont work on the iPhone 3GS, 4 and 4S as they force you to upgrade to the latest hardware.

And I guess they block all hacks so a jailbreak for this will take ages.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I just noticed they have now killed off the iPad 1 but the 3GS is still going....
    And dont forget like usual most things wont work on the iPhone 3GS, 4 and 4S as they force you to upgrade to the latest hardware.

And I guess they block all hacks so a jailbreak for this will take ages.
    well so far siri is still the only thing os ios6 that will only work on iphone 4s, ipad 3 and iphone 5

can you change the APN on the GM release??? I have a 3GS on straighttalk wireless...
    Yes. That's what I have and I used the T-Mobile SIM swap to unlock the Cell Data Network menu.

There's also the iBackupBot method to edit the plist for Data & MMS. Google "Straight Talk iPhone - HowardForums Wiki"
    Last edited by mydarkblueshirt; 09-12-2012 at 09:27 PM.
    16GB White iPhone 5 | iOS 6.0 | Stock
    16GB Black iPhone 4S | iOS 5.1.1 | Jailbroken

I'm enjoying iOS6. The camera is REALLY fast now (can't imagine how better it'l be with the iPhone 5). Maps is neat clean and hey free turn by turn only a couple of years late. Lots of little things that are making me go "oh thats awesome". Really looking forward to Passbook though.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, nothing from iOS6 is blocked from the 4S. All the extra Siri stuff, navigations, panorama/faster camera, passbook, etc are all available to me.

If anything, the only restriction as far as the iOS stuff goes would be all the extra nice stuff Mountain Lion gets (documents in the cloud, safari tabs, etc) which isn't even a phone thing.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 09-12-2012 at 09:48 PM.

not interested til a jailbreak, when and if iPhone 5 works with t-mobile on release then i'll deal with 6.0 in hopes of a jailbreak soon.. but it should work on t-mobile network, because in the conference i notice the euro T-mobile symbol when they mention all the carriers worldwide.. i'm kinda digging the new ipod touch..

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    sadly ios updates have never been that great, since ios1 the biggest change has been the notification center and background wallpaper
    I think folders, mms, and multitasking beat out NC and wallpaper.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    It's beyond obnoxious that the iPhone 3GS is supported but the original iPad is not.
    The iPod Touch gen 3 should be included also, if the 3GS will run it, then everything since should also.

Anywho, I'll be waiting for Jailbreak before touching iOS 6
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by mydarkblueshirt View Post
    Yes. That's what I have and I used the T-Mobile SIM swap to unlock the Cell Data Network menu.

There's also the iBackupBot method to edit the plist for Data & MMS. Google "Straight Talk iPhone - HowardForums Wiki"
    I dont have access to a T-Mo sim. Has this been proven to work on iOS6?

I dont have access to a T-Mo sim. Has this been proven to work on iOS6?
    I believe one of our moderators (Orbyorb) is using a T-Mobile SIM on iOS 6. Have a chat with him.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I believe one of our moderators (Orbyorb) is using a T-Mobile SIM on iOS 6. Have a chat with him.
    FYI. I'm on Straight Talk and iOS 6 GM and all I had to do to get data and SMS was the T-Mobile SIM card swap. Everything works perfectly.

I'm assuming you need to be unlocked to use that method?

Thanks

I'm assuming you need to be unlocked to use that method?
    Mine is unlocked. I am going to try it on my wife's locked 4s as soon as she lets me. I'll keep you posted. The sim swap method just allows access to the cellular data settings. I am not sure if if matters if it's unlocked. If you try it keep me posted as well. FYI, I purchased the sim for $9.99 at the T-Mobile store.

Hello basically I'm after help/advice! I have an iPhone 4s currently jailbroken on 5.1.1! I am really look forward to the new features in ios 6! I know that if I update just through the settings app on my phone, I will loose my jailbreak and all of my apps which I have not downloaded through the app store. I no longer have the laptop I originally set my iPhone up with so all my music I have which I didn't purchase through iTunes, will this be lost? Also I heard if I just update it uses more memory? I need to restore and update right? Will this mean I loose everything? I can back up, but doesn't this only save contacts, calendars ect? Can I re download any apps/music I have purchased through iTunes? Please help really aren't very clued up as you can see! What would you do? Once a jailbreak come out for ios 6 could I then just update? How long will that be

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael241189 View Post
    Hello basically I'm after help/advice! I have an iPhone 4s currently jailbroken on 5.1.1! I am really look forward to the new features in ios 6! I know that if I update just through the settings app on my phone, I will loose my jailbreak and all of my apps which I have not downloaded through the app store. I no longer have the laptop I originally set my iPhone up with so all my music I have which I didn't purchase through iTunes, will this be lost? Also I heard if I just update it uses more memory? I need to restore and update right? Will this mean I loose everything? I can back up, but doesn't this only save contacts, calendars ect? Can I re download any apps/music I have purchased through iTunes? Please help really aren't very clued up as you can see! What would you do? Once a jailbreak come out for ios 6 could I then just update? How long will that be
    Restoring and updating will indeed wipe the phone. You can backup in itunes and redownload any purchases you have with the itunes and app stores. You wont be able to jailbreak on 6.0 yet though.

Apple will use which version of IOS in iPhone 5? Any idea?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mombopete View Post
    Mine is unlocked. I am going to try it on my wife's locked 4s as soon as she lets me. I'll keep you posted. The sim swap method just allows access to the cellular data settings. I am not sure if if matters if it's unlocked. If you try it keep me posted as well. FYI, I purchased the sim for $9.99 at the T-Mobile store.
    Just confirming the T-Mobile sim swap also works on a locked AT&T 4s on ios6. Data and MMS both worked after this. No need to change your profiles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12