+ Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Raises The Curtain on iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I am not surprise at all, and I won't be buying one. But I bet they still sell million and million of these phones. And next year will be iphone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am not surprise at all, and I won't be buying one. But I bet they still sell million and million of these phones. And next year will be iphone 5s, with the same shape and faster processor/better camera. So boring...

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like another regular day for Apple on the stock market...obviously investors don't really care for the iPhone 5 either lol...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Yes, although they are promoting an adapter to use with your previous devices... but it still looks like its a big piece of plastic that will cause your prongs to bend if sitting on a dock station. Not good..

Also, they didn't mention if it comes with your purchase of the iPhone 5 or if you have to buy the adapter.
    Thanks. The aftermarket attachment in my car will b thankful to have an adapter!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d_animality View Post
    well even there is no leaks on the desgin .. im still not impressed!! now when i bought this phone people wouldnt know if its an iPhone 5 by looking at it :S just like the design between iPad 2 and 3... boorriingg!!!
    What would impress you? Neon colors and a round shape perhaps? Phones are phones. Rectangular and relatively thin, with a screen and a couple of buttons. There's really not THAT much you can do that would be so-called "ground breaking".

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

It's hard to believe Steve Jobs even had a hand in this production line before he passed away. I'm sure he's turning in his grave right now wondering WTF Tim Cook and the development team have been doing for almost the past year.

I think it's also funny that Tim Cook's "We got one more thing at the end" is Foo Fighters. It was a pretty great performance it must be said.. but not what we were waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    What would impress you? Neon colors and a round shape perhaps? Phones are phones. Rectangular and relatively thin, with a screen and a couple of buttons. There's really not THAT much you can do that would be so-called "ground breaking".
    You are wrong sir. Phones are no longer "Phones", they are smartphones especially with a staggering price tag of $599.00. It better be groundbreaking if your expecting hard working folks to throw up $$$ for a new one every 1-2 years.
    Last edited by zinjen; 09-12-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Thanks

You're just mad because you're still on a 3GS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    You're just mad because you're still on a 3GS
    lol not at all. I thought the 4 and 4S were cool when they were released, but didn't have the money to upgrade to them. Probably won't have the money to upgrade to the 5 for awhile either. But I'm more excited about this release than the 4 or 4S, mainly because much of the NEW stuff from before (retina display, facetime, dual cameras, Siri, etc) have all been improved upon and made better.

And yes I'm GLAD for the new connector. My wife's 3GS had the little board supporting those 30 pins break off once. Apple store swapped it out for free, but it was still a PITA and wasn't sure how much we would have to pay at the time it happened. This new connector looks much more robust than that old 30-pin POS.

Thanks

It's hard to believe Steve Jobs even had a hand in this production line before he passed away. I'm sure he's turning in his grave right now wondering WTF Tim Cook and the development team have been doing for almost the past year.
    They have been working on more lawsuits to recoup the income they are losing to other manufacturers from people moving onto phones with innovation from the 21st century.

I love stirring the pot...let the Apple fanboys come stir it some more.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

very disappointed I will use my upgrade on Samsung G3 or keep my iPhone 4s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

really people,
    ii find this ''NEW IPHONE'' really degueulasse .

pitty that steve jobs passed away.
    there nothing new from apple now
    Boring

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crunchingnumbers View Post
    Boooring - I think the one extra row of icons said it all. Same reason I sold my range rover for an X6 - they polished it up but it began to look older and older - Maybe they can license the software to Samsung and let us get something different.

LMAO precisely how I felt about the G500......nothing was being upgraded but the price

Thanks

I think it's also funny that Tim Cook's "We got one more thing at the end" is Foo Fighters. It was a pretty great performance it must be said.. but not what we were waiting for.

You are wrong sir. Phones are no longer "Phones", they are smartphones especially with a staggering price tag of $599.00. It better be groundbreaking if your expecting hard working folks to throw up $$$ for a new one every 1-2 years.
    ^ this.. its not cheap.. Thank you

Green Apple
    Thanks

posted a question a while back. I'd appreciate if someone could answer. Just wondering, historically, when apple places things up for preorder (ie. 09/14) does that usually mean you can order at midnight of that day?

Thanks

A thinner and longer iphone 4/4s and a different back wow thats some innovation there sarcasm* I waited 2 dam years for a REDESIGNED IPHONE and this is what i get for being a loyal apple costumer. I am currently on an iphone 4. Look at how big the chagnes were from iphone 3g to iphone 4 in terms of design that was a big difference and now this is what we get really? How pathetic. So should i take my car stretch it and then claim its a new car. FAIL!!!!!!!! They should have appiled the ipad 2 design curves to the next iphone not this crap. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE IPHONE 5 THIS look at those beautiful ipad 2 curves being appiled w=508&h=362&h=362

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It was boring prob because there has been so many leaks and rumors, etc. I for one will be getting it because I like Apple's products. It'll just make it that easy for me to get when the time comes.

Thanks

Really disappointed. No new tech feature unveiled. Camera and screens are not the only things in life!!! NFC, was MUCH MUCH NEEDED than any of the other crap... apple is becoming more of a software compnay it seems now...
    it was a good run with Apple for since the first iphone.. But this is where i get off iphone the band wagon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matrixhunter View Post
    A thinner and longer iphone 4/4s and a different back wow thats some innovation there sarcasm* I waited 2 dam years for a REDESIGNED IPHONE and this is what i get for being a loyal apple costumer. I am currently on an iphone 4. Look at how big the chagnes were from iphone 3g to iphone 4 in terms of design that was a big difference and now this is what we get really? How pathetic. So should i take my car stretch it and then claim its a new car. FAIL!!!!!!!! They should have appiled the ipad 2 design curves to the next iphone not this crap. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE IPHONE 5 THIS look at those beautiful ipad 2 curves being appiled w=508&h=362&h=362
    I think that looks terrible IMO, along with the original iPhone. At the time it was a modern beauty but time has passed, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks

Apple is really starting to disappoint it was bad when Steve Jobs was alive so he being gone makes things much worse and the iphone 5 reflects this we have hardware and software upgrades but nothing groundbreaking so this is why theyre are suing Samsung they have run out of ideas to make money i loved the iphone but now its just another smartphone i love innovation but it seems to have left apple and moved somewhere else i am looking for its new adress maybe samsunh gs3?

Thanks

Was this JUST an iPhone event? I'm more interested in a new Mac Pro.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    They have been working on more lawsuits to recoup the income they are losing to other manufacturers from people moving onto phones with innovation from the 21st century.

I love stirring the pot...let the Apple fanboys come stir it some more.
    Being an Apple fan boy myself, you speak the truth and I can't argue it.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did