+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disable Cover Flow and Enable Landscape Music Controls With 'NoCoverFlow'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Disable Cover Flow and Enable Landscape Music Controls With 'NoCoverFlow'

Cover Flow can sometimes be an annoying part of listening to Music when you’re using your iPhone or iPod because if you just tilt the device just a little bit (such as when laying down), you’re suddenly in an interface you may not have intended to be in. If you’re not one to enjoy having Cover Flow as a method of listening to music on your iPhone or iPod, then there’s a new free jailbreak tweak in Cydia today called NoCoverFlow by iOS hacker and developer Ryan Petrich.

As shown above, the tweak actually plays double-duty. Not only does it disable Cover Flow as a method of looking through your music, but also it allows the Music application to move into landscape mode. If you’re laying down and you want to look through your music normally, the landscape version of the Music application will look just about the same as the portrait version and will feel almost the same as well.

As shown above, the landscape mode of the application also extends to that of the music controls. The album artwork is flipped to match the orientation of the device too.

Being such a simple modification allowing us to not only disable Cover Flow, but also enable landscape mode in the Music application, the tweak is a nice addition to iOS. All of the music controls will work exactly the same even in landscape mode. Those of you that enjoy Cover Flow are probably going to want to avoid this tweak for obvious reasons. The tweak doesn't come with any options to configure and it will take over as soon as you install it. The only way to get Cover Flow back will be to uninstall NoCoverFlow.

NoCoverFlow is available in Ryan Petrich's private repository. To download it, go to the "Manage" tab in Cydia, tap on "Sources", then tap on the "Edit" button, then tap on the "Add" button, and type in the following source before tapping on the "Add Source" button:

PHP Code:
    http://rpetri.ch/repo 
    Name: NoCoverFlow
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.1
    Repo: Ryan Petrich's Repository
    Developer: Ryan Petrich
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

jl1
    Thanks

I have been wanting this since my first iPhone!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yes, I hate the coverflow

Thanks

Cool I HATE COVERFLOW LOL

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes I hate cover flow .

Thanks

Thank you again Mr. Petrich! Always dropping the dope tweaks... I like my iPhone way more than I already did due to a simple tweak... Yay!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I have iPhone 3G with iOS 3.1.3.
    I loved the idea of NoCoverFlow and tried to install it on my JBed iPhone.
    However, when I try to install it gives me an error saying "Depends iOS Firmware >=5.0"
    Is this mean that I need to have at least 5.0 in order to install NoCoverFlow?
    Is there a way around without getting iOS 5.0 and use it in 3.1.3?
    Thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Love this tweak but hate the fact that in landscape mode are those ugly previous/play/next/volume buttons, is there any way to get rid of them?