+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Next-Generation iPhone Expected to Make a Heavy Impact on Tech Industry

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple's Next-Generation iPhone Expected to Make a Heavy Impact on Tech Industry

As expected, the launch of Apple’s new iPhone is predicted to have a major impact on the personal electronics market. As of right now, it’s expected to make LTE smartphones look bulky and subpar while taking IT dollars away from PC manufacturers such as Dell and HP. According to Mark Moskowitz of J.P. Morgan, the entire technology “food chain” will have winners and losers as a result of Apple’s next-generation iPhone.

Moskowitz believes some of the biggest losers that will emerge due to the launch of the new iPhone will be competing smartphone makers who have existing 4G LTE handsets on the market. The latest Apple smartphone is also said to hurt Windows-based PC manufacturers as well as the next-generation iPhone is said to “sustain the land grab of smartphones making IT dollars from PCs, dampening PC-related growth prospects at Dell, Hewlett-Packard, and other PC makers.” Furthermore, the debut of turn-by-turn navigation in Apple’s new Maps application for iOS 6 is forecast to have a negative effect on existing GPS providers such as TeleNav, Telecommunication Systems, and Garmin.

On the other hand, the new iPhone is projected to mark one of the few secular growth stories for the semiconductor industry in the second half of 2012. With the anticipation of strong demand for the next-generation iPhone, companies such as Fairchild Semiconductor, Qualcomm, and Avago, all of which supply components to Apple, are expected to see benefits. LG Display which supplies in-cell touchscreen panels; Samsung electronics, which builds Apple’s custom processors; and LG Innotek, which is believed to be supplying camera modules are all expected to see benefits. When it comes to wireless carriers, the next-gen iPhone is expected to have a negative effect on their margins but in the longer term, it will help accelerate the upgrade cycle to 4G LTE, particularly in the U.S. which is currently dominated by slower 3G speeds.

Apple is expected to officially unveil its new iPhone later today at a media event scheduled at 10:00 AM Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern. We’ll have to wait and see what impact the next-gen iPhone has upon its release.

Source: CNET

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's do this Apple!! Make Steve proud! Let the games begin!!
    El Zurdo

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

I'll be ready hope work won't be to busy so I can keep up with the live blog.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

I was going to pass again on upgrading to this device but there is simply nothing that compares. I have had one android with a killer screen and camera but that can't justify not having the rock solid iOS formula.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha yup same here! It's so funny, I remember doing this last year when the 4s was unveiled! Public perception of that event was BADDD. That's why I expect Apple to have some BIG secrets up their sleeve this time around...that they have somehow hidden! Regardless, I will be buying it...the awesomeness factor just determines how quickly!
    El Zurdo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 773 Posts

Apple's Next-Generation iPhone Expected to Make a Heavy Impact on Tech Industry-img_0568.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple store just went down!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    I was going to pass again on upgrading to this device but there is simply nothing that compares. I have had one android with a killer screen and camera but that can't justify not having the rock solid iOS formula.
    +1 my thoughts exactly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i agree with this also. my evo has nice features, but the software is just so horrid. it screws up so much i wish i would have gotten an iphone. sprint didnt have them at the time though

Thanks

Who is ready for the iPhone 4Stretch? All I can say is, Apple better bring it. They need to really drop some bad axx new features to hold on to a growing portion of iPhone owners who are more interested in what Android is releasing.

Thanks

I got the biggest boner right now!

Thanks

I'm all ready to upgrade from my 4! Even though I will miss my jailbreak dearly...
    My lunch is at 11 mountain time so I will be able to watch the live blog!!!
    Can't wait!
    Here we go like sheep to apple...
    Baaaaaaa....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pizentu View Post
    Who is ready for the iPhone 4Stretch? All I can say is, Apple better bring it. They need to really drop some bad axx new features to hold on to a growing portion of iPhone owners who are more interested in what Android is releasing.

I agree. I've been playing with the S3 for the past few weeks and that's the route I'm going if this phone's a bust

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammy1977 View Post
    I agree. I've been playing with the S3 for the past few weeks and that's the route I'm going if this phone's a bust
    I've got a LG Intuition arriving in the mail today. Luckily I have 14 days to return but this iPhone better not suck or I'll pass on this one. It'll be an adjustment after having an iPhone this long but I'm ready.

Thanks

The last iPhone with Steve Jobs’s seal of approval arrives at an interesting time for Apple...

Thanks

Banned
    Thanks

Awwww shiit todays the day mofuggers

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I want the HTC One X and Sony Xperia T but the software and lack of iOS exclusive apps makes iOS just so much better as your daily driver, nothing compares.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

I am pumped for this event today. Less than 3 hours to go!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Oh man. I have to get it
    Nothing in life is easy.